You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 526527528529530 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Did the FAI give them enough notice that they wouldn't be giving the same deal? Did members get a chance to move out of the premium and buy family tickets instead for example?

Or are there some stuck now without a ST (unless they pay 400 euro for the ST)?

All SCs, or at least ones I know lads in, were advised in October last year and consulted with their members. Ballybrack seemingly kept their members in the dark until last week. They probably thought the FAI would back down to them. So given that Ballybrack didn’t inform their members of the options available until last week then its fairly safe to say those same members have been left without a ST. Shameful really.
Sponsored Links

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Member of said club got me in a headlock before while taking a picture of his then partner dancing with a friend, said JD had asked him to look after her. There's a few lines on it on Champagne Football. 

He also brought them along to defend him the day a few of us met him in the pub in Stillorgan. 

Hate that it's fans divided but the entitlement is unreal, it's chickens coming home to roost for them propping thay prick up for so long. 

few of them seemed to enjoy the white stuff as well in Vienna I remember
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 7:11pm
No more gravy train. Couldn't be happier for them ClapClap

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 7:54pm
supporters clubs are great an all that but you can’t beat just going to the game with a group of friends and not have to worry about the supporters club and politics. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I don’t agree with discounts like above. There are other ways to reward loyalty and numbers. These lads profess to be die hard yet have thrown a wobbler because they cant continue to deprive the cash strapped FAI of roughly half of whats owed for the category ticket they previously held and that was basically given away to them by the most corrupt fcuker to ever hold office in the FAI.

The ST is great value as proven already and represents a decent discount on single match. That should be the one and only perk on its price. The fact that it sold put and every other SC has signed up to waht was on offer speaks volumes about the reaction of Ballybrack.

Agree to disagree though I don’t disagree with your general sentiment re BB 

Also how many members they have is irrelevant  how many ST do they take ? Is that the 950 figures ? 

Are these people really going to stop going because BB have lost their cushy deal? 

They clearly must  think JD is still there 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:56pm
I would agree with Sham that there should be no discounts unless NR is going to get discounts for all of those in the mandate group in which case I'm all for it!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:02pm
Not certain on exact numbers. They themselves, both in an email to TDs, of which screen grabs are doing the rounds, and previous messages to their members mention different or ball park numbers.

They also seem to be misleading the recipients of the email by claiming that the FAI were attempting to charge them €400 per adult and per child for moving to another area [outside of the premium level] which clearly would not be the case.. “originally a proposal was given for us  to move the seats we hold (950 seats) on the last count to a new area”.

They are also confused by the looks of things as to the difference between an opposition TD and a Minister as they refer to RBB as Minister Barrett.

Further the seat numbers quoted, they also stated in the email: “we could sell also the volume of season tickets we held to those that couldn’t afford outright this option on a match by match ticket basis”.
The grammar is not mine by the way but, how much were these non ST holders paying for these ‘club STs’ ? Something stinks really badly here.

Edited by Sham157 - 02 Feb 2023 at 9:14pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I would agree with Sham that there should be no discounts unless NR is going to get discounts for all of those in the mandate group in which case I'm all for it!
indeed, and as a representative of the rest of stadium who aren’t represented, I too want a discount for my non represented members. If only someone could come up with some sort of scheme whereby regular and loyal match going supporters were rewarded with a few quid off general admission prices…..some sort of, oh I don’t know, say for example, a ticket that covered a few games or more that saved us a few quid..Shocked
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:27pm
the national team should be disbanded and forgotten about, save us all the trouble of listening to these event junkie pricks.
Maybe they’d all f**k off to the gaa .
No Pasaran!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:04pm

indeed, and as a representative of the rest of stadium who aren’t represented, I too want a discount for my non represented members. If only someone could come up with some sort of scheme whereby regular and loyal match going supporters were rewarded with a few quid off general admission prices…..some sort of, oh I don’t know, say for example, a ticket that covered a few games or more that saved us a few quid..Shocked

Have to say the more you think about it the more ridiculuous it seems  - i took the 950 seat reference as STH  ? but with the option of a +1 ? all very mysterious   ( not quite as impressive as the 1900 figure quoted in correspondance )  nevertheless so they have 1900 member and 950 tickets ? - who decides who gets the tickets - it sounds like some JD lite arrangement  - is it a popularity contest ?

Maybe a member incognito can clarify 

Smile just to be clear i am happy with my 2 No ST's  and am happy to pay the renewal price - BTW Margot Robbie left a message , call her 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 11:27am
Tricky one i must say , until we all know what has happened and what is going to happen going forward it's hard to 2nd guess things . 

I have to say SCs have a roll to play and i am very happy with the way our club is run as the lads do a great job with running buses , tickets home and away as the same as independants  Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 12:39pm
Did Delaney have anything to do with the club before the ticket deal? I'm interested to know if there was more background to it than Ballybrack just looking for a ticket deal at the right time when Delaney was trying to flog tickets after the failure of Club Ireland. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:05pm
I'd say they said to JD through their cosy relationship "we want our own part of the stadium so our club can be together to enjoy the match together and to help create a better atmosphere....but not the singing section" which is fair enough (especially if there are many families). 

Somewhere in those conversations it was probably proposed by JD "We can actually move you to the premium section on regular family ticket prices" which is then a good deal for all involved as the Premium was empty for matches that were not big games while also giving the Seagulls the best seats in the stadium at discounted rates. 

The issue here though is the same deal wasn't offered to everyone and it was a shaddy agreement. 
New FAI is looking to move away from those type of side agreements and now members have been shafted because the tickets are much higher, especially for families (and regular family tickets sold out).

Edited by t_rAndy - 03 Feb 2023 at 2:07pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Tricky one i must say , until we all know what has happened and what is going to happen going forward it's hard to 2nd guess things . 

I have to say SCs have a roll to play and i am very happy with the way our club is run as the lads do a great job with running buses , tickets home and away as the same as independants  Clap

its not Murph, cushy deal sanctioned by JD not available to anybody else which was poor value  from a financial point of view especially now when the FAI havent 2 shilling s to rub together 

Did they think this deal would run forever  ? 

do they think the FAI owe them  ?
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:55pm
I would say some of the discounted tickets would have been sold on to casual followers at full price with the usual €10 commission. I’m pretty sure there’s some at the head of these clubs getting free tickets and trips from generated ‘revenue’.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:28pm

They may have a role to play but managing tickets is not one of them. Already been instances of SCs touting, and as mentioned in BBs own email whingeing to TDs, they openly admit to flogging season tickets regularly. 

The FAI should have sole control over the administration of tickets, made all the easier now with the move to digital where they can trace where the ticket ends up if transferred.  Why anyone would want their ST with a club and not in their own name is beyond me anyway.

Edited by Sham157 - 03 Feb 2023 at 4:54pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

its not Murph, cushy deal sanctioned by JD not available to anybody else which was poor value  from a financial point of view especially now when the FAI havent 2 shilling s to rub together 

Did they think this deal would run forever  ? Yes 

do they think the FAI owe them  ? Yes 

That's what i think . 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:15pm

They may have a role to play but managing tickets is not one of them. Already been instances of SCs touting, and as mentioned in BBs own email whingeing to TDs, they openly admit to flogging season tickets regularly. 

The FAI should have sole control over the administration of tickets, made all the easier now with the move to digital where they can trace where the ticket ends up if transferred.  Why anyone would want their ST with a club and not in their own name is beyond me anyway.

I have been here before Sham , Myself and Mrs Claret was turned over ( like soooooooooooooooo many for the Scotland away game ) we  decided then and then to go with the SC for tickets . Now since then if we did not have enough aways games for certain games we would not have got a ticket , now other SCs i can not comment on but ours told their members this in case . 
I have always been open about what we shoud get and what we don't but i love the level playing field for all what we have at the moment . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 526527528529530 539>
  Share Topic