You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 513514515516517 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 5:15pm
It’s easy to hurl criticism from the ditch but one would have thought it would be a lot easier to change the perception of Irish football and come in and make it look like everything is in hand and this has not happened.

Still planning on hosting the Euros with fans.. You’d think someone based this side of the Irish Sea would inform him that the situation in England is well removed from Ireland. Who’s money is being burnt putting plans in place for this? I saw all the roles being advertised a few weeks ago.

Why was Duff not spoken to by the CEO before walking - he said on OTB he spoke to him a time later.. I would agree with his assessment that he was not for turning but is it not the CEO him and Kenny would be reporting to.

Everything just seems to be dysfunctional in the FAI. Not as much as the previous regime but that’s hardly an endorsement.
Sponsored Links

SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

It’s easy to hurl criticism from the ditch but one would have thought it would be a lot easier to change the perception of Irish football and come in and make it look like everything is in hand and this has not happened.

Still planning on hosting the Euros with fans.. You’d think someone based this side of the Irish Sea would inform him that the situation in England is well removed from Ireland. Who’s money is being burnt putting plans in place for this? I saw all the roles being advertised a few weeks ago.

Why was Duff not spoken to by the CEO before walking - he said on OTB he spoke to him a time later.. I would agree with his assessment that he was not for turning but is it not the CEO him and Kenny would be reporting to.

Everything just seems to be dysfunctional in the FAI. Not as much as the previous regime but that’s hardly an endorsement.

Duff would have reported to Kenny wouldn’t he? I can understand why Hill didn’t speak with Duff to be honest. Could be seen as going over Kennys head so best to let him handle it.

I know he said he hasn’t talked to Keane but that’s not to say he hasn’t been looking for a solution. But let’s be honest the only solution is a payoff, so maybe he is holding tight in the hope Keane gets an offer elsewhere and leaves without a payoff. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by SeanyL SeanyL wrote:

Duff would have reported to Kenny wouldn’t he? I can understand why Hill didn’t speak with Duff to be honest. Could be seen as going over Kennys head so best to let him handle it.

I know he said he hasn’t talked to Keane but that’s not to say he hasn’t been looking for a solution. But let’s be honest the only solution is a payoff, so maybe he is holding tight in the hope Keane gets an offer elsewhere and leaves without a payoff. 

The FAI pay Duff’s wages and are responsible for the brand image so I think the CEO should be very much involved in any changes at that level.

On Robbie; again that is feasible but I think it’s more urgent than not even communicating with him?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:07am
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:22pm
He has no shame, how many times as he trotted out the, I have a family and children think of them, line. 

Maybe John you should have thought about them a little bit when you were off partying and destroying Irish football. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:22pm

It's definitely a case of him not realising the situation in Ireland and just assuming it'll be ok to have fans because the UK have projected that they'll have fans at games in May/June.

Needs to familiarise himself quickly.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

He has no shame, how many times as he trotted out the, I have a family and children think of them, line. 

Maybe John you should have thought about them a little bit when you were off partying and destroying Irish football. 

He should thought of them before he started to act the coont
Chips don't bounce
opa01 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 4:25pm
If files and emails were private to Delaney why were they on company systems? 

Most companies would say that if private emails are held on company systems then they belong to the company.
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:23pm
I don't think it is the CEO's job to be directly involved in employment issues. That was what Delaney did that got us into this situation with RK. I am basing my assumptions on a proper functioning organization so maybe in this case it is the CEO's job!! But normally HR would lead this, see what roles are available that Robbie would be suitable for (coaching, ambassador etc) discuss with the departments involved and if agreeable make him an offer. If that does not work offer him a settlement.

So Hill not having spoken to Keane does not mean nothing was done (although with the FAI that may well be the case!)
It's not me it's you:-)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:49pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm
best news in a long while !!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I don't think it is the CEO's job to be directly involved in employment issues. That was what Delaney did that got us into this situation with RK. I am basing my assumptions on a proper functioning organization so maybe in this case it is the CEO's job!! But normally HR would lead this, see what roles are available that Robbie would be suitable for (coaching, ambassador etc) discuss with the departments involved and if agreeable make him an offer. If that does not work offer him a settlement.

So Hill not having spoken to Keane does not mean nothing was done (although with the FAI that may well be the case!)

I see it didn’t pass Neil O Riordan by - article from this morning

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

best news in a long while !!
JnJ solving Covid probably trumps it, but definitely a close second
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:26am

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I see it didn’t pass Neil O Riordan by - article from this morning

They have to write about something. 

Ultimately everything is CEO's responsibility. Does not necessarily mean he should be the one doing the negotiations but definitely should be ensuring it is wrapped up.
It's not me it's you:-)
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:36pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 6:08pm
https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1375863703082569730?s=20

Some more interesting reading coming tomorrow
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:10am
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:38am
debt free by 2020, homeless by 2040
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 513514515516517 539>
  Share Topic