You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 501502503504505 539>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:49pm
I am not privvy to know how much was known by journalists of the ex FAI board members

However the likes of Dunphy was bought off, so no doubts others were too, with tickets or favours or worse. I think Tighe and the Times were ballsy enough to take a gamble and defend it. Many have before Im sure but Id say alot bottled it. The thing with the half a million for a fundraising walk idea is very bizarre and id say their is alot to follow down there if they are bothered but I reckon it ended up back in JDS account somehow.

Finding it very hard to maintain a passion for Irish football when theirs so much wrong with it. I almost not quite yet, but almost would hope Dundalk do play out of Windsor park as it would be fkn Ironic that since We haven't been able to manage our football affairs down here in all this time We have to resort back to the association We split from. Id love to say it would be a watershed moment but I know it just wouldn't be, as We have had more watersheds they've lost their meaning
Sponsored Links

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:51pm
As for the Doc, tbh It was confirmation bias. Between What We knew, To what We watched and read with Tighe and the Oireachtas and the book and every interview he has done since, theres nothing new. It was for the Neutral
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

very poor effort from virgin media tbh. Cheap 

Looking forward to the Rte doc, should be good. For all their faults they do documentaries very well

any idea when this is on?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I was on the train and all of us didn’t drink the free beer we brought our own. There was no carlsberg on that train just skank Slovakian beer and wine .

Only for the armed police on the train there would have been trouble as the amount of skangers on the train was unreal. We ended up having to pay €80 for tickets that we were told were going to cost €17 and the great man himself was raffling tickets in the team hotel carried shoulder high bu absolute clowns.

Yer right Tommy you polished off half of Mrs Clarets Vodka LOL

What still makes me laugh was when the lads decided it was a good idea to buy frozen chips to keep the beer cool , nobody could keep hold of thier bottles with the oil on their hands LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Finding it very hard to maintain a passion for Irish football when theirs so much wrong with it. I almost not quite yet, but almost would hope Dundalk do play out of Windsor park as it would be fkn Ironic that since We haven't been able to manage our football affairs down here in all this time We have to resort back to the association We split from.

Thanks.

But it would just be this once.

We're not having you back permanently, no matter how much you beg! Wink
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:25pm
Looks like some of Delaney’s brigade made it to Helsinki.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:20pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The Sky sports doc is even better than john the Baptist

Alan partridgeesque 

Any links?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The Sky sports doc is even better than john the Baptist

Alan partridgeesque 

Any links?

Sorry still looking a link to the sky sports one 

you tube has John the Baptist - behind the game of thrones with John Delaney  

Edited by Newryrep - 16 Oct 2020 at 10:15pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/10/16/deranged-delaney-launches-provisional-fai/

LOL
The outrage at the idea of paying your own rent. LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:59pm
Good, but TJ often writes much funnier stuff on here. His Roy Keane diaries were genuinely brilliant!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:19pm
 The Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement says it is opposed to any application by former FAI boss John Delaney for further time to examine files sized by the watchdog as part of its criminal investigation into the association
The matter returned before Ms Justice Leonie Reynolds on Friday, who expressed the High Court's strong displeasure at the pace of the inspection process.
The judge was critical of what she said was the ‘tit for tat tactics” being used by the ODCE and Mr Delaney regarding the inspection process.
She also said that Mr Delaney had given assurances early on in the process about taking steps to make sure the inspection would be completed within an agreed time period, which she said had not been done.

opa01 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 1:06pm
Aidan Eames, Delaney's solicitor, "added that Mr. Delaney is operating on a shoestring relative to the vast resources the ODCE and FAI can devote."

I presume in comparison to when he was FAI CEO and he used the "vast resources" of the FAI to sue anybody and everybody who called him out on any of his dodgy dealings.
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by opa01 opa01 wrote:

Aidan Eames, Delaney's solicitor, "added that Mr. Delaney is operating on a shoestring relative to the vast resources the ODCE and FAI can devote."

I presume in comparison to when he was FAI CEO and he used the "vast resources" of the FAI to sue anybody and everybody who called him out on any of his dodgy dealings.

The Gall of the ****
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:26pm
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:36am
I always wonder about the moral character of solicitors who defend utter c***s like Delaney. They must be just as bad. 

Edit: I've just read that Eames was a member of Fianna Fail and was nonimated to the Seanad by Charlie Haughey in 1982. Enough said.

Edited by Daragho - 21 Oct 2020 at 9:38am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

I always wonder about the moral character of solicitors who defend utter c***s like Delaney. They must be just as bad. 

Edit: I've just read that Eames was a member of Fianna Fail and was nonimated to the Seanad by Charlie Haughey in 1982. Enough said.
There's lads whose job it is to defended the worst murderers and rapists out there too, a job's a job. They have to handle it professionally in the best interest of their client. I don't think defending a murderer makes you a murderer. Similarly, defending a **** like John Delaney doesn't make you a ****
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

There's lads whose job it is to defended the worst murderers and rapists out there too, a job's a job. They have to handle it professionally in the best interest of their client. I don't think defending a murderer makes you a murderer. Similarly, defending a **** like John Delaney doesn't make you a ****

Ah yes, that's true. Everyone deserves a fair trial etc. But handling it in the best interest of their client by obstructing the proceedings is objectionable, IMO. Lawyers can hide behind professional justification all they want, but if they're not court-appointed, and take these jobs voluntarily then I have little respect for their motivation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 501502503504505 539>
  Share Topic