You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 500501502503504 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

in Australia here, would love to watch the show that was on last night, anyone know how I could? Not the best at getting shows etc On streams haha. Any help appreciated. 

Since you are in Oz (I assume permanently) then its probably worth investing in VPN account. Surfshark do a deal 50 quid or so for a 2 year subscription. You can then easy log into VPN from any country you want and get past geography locks. Also handy if you want to view different Netflix libraries, etc. or you on a pirate TV site

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Oct 2020 at 8:06am
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

in Australia here, would love to watch the show that was on last night, anyone know how I could? Not the best at getting shows etc On streams haha. Any help appreciated. 

https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/1945/

Not sure if they GEO location enabled.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:51am
As a programme it was poor. Basically just an extended interview with Mark Tighe, going over points that are laid out in the book, interspersed with some old news clips (some of which were used more than once).

Still, if you hadn't read Champagne Football it was informative, so it's good to get this sordid story out to as many people as possible.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Fascinating stuff so far. Interesting to hear that some FAI board members were privately disgusted with him for years and thought he should be sacked, but he was running the association like a dictator and they felt there was nothing they could do to rein him in.

Easy for them to say that after, wouldn’t believe it tbh. 
Correct
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

As a programme it was poor. Basically just an extended interview with Mark Tighe, going over points that are laid out in the book, interspersed with some old news clips (some of which were used more than once).

Still, if you hadn't read Champagne Football it was informative, so it's good to get this sordid story out to as many people as possible.

Yeah i was expecting more, not sure why LOL

I am not sure it would have made those with a vague bit of interest rush and buy the book tbh. 

Edited by McG - 14 Oct 2020 at 8:56am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Basically a synopsis of the book. What's the rte one like?
Yeah it was complete filler last night, basically an hour long advert for a book. The book has more details on all the stories mentioned last night.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:57am
an unabridged version of the book would last approx 10 hours.  

So of course the book has more detail than the show last night.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Same.  From the promo ads I thought it was going to be a light hearted documentary basically laughing at the excesses of the man
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:06pm
How many here drank his beer on the booze train in Slovakia ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:37pm
The damage had already been done! There was no point leaving it there.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:43pm
I think for those who have not read the book at least it gives them a push to buy it now .

As ht was said a couple of pages ago if JD was still CEO this could have dragged on for another few more years the as for the debt it would have been 100 million plus .

I still think we got lucky in the end that he is gone and one would hope never to be seen again , now this one i have my doubts on .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I think for those who have not read the book at least it gives them a push to buy it now .

As ht was said a couple of pages ago if JD was still CEO this could have dragged on for another few more years the as for the debt it would have been 100 million plus .

I still think we got lucky in the end that he is gone and one would hope never to be seen again , now this one i have my doubts on .

Yea I hadn't got it yet, ordered it last night.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

How many here drank his beer on the booze train in Slovakia ? 

I was on that train but drank my own booze. It was about as much craic as you're likely to have on a train travelling through the Slovakian countryside.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:21pm
I was on the train and all of us didn’t drink the free beer we brought our own. There was no carlsberg on that train just skank Slovakian beer and wine .

Only for the armed police on the train there would have been trouble as the amount of skangers on the train was unreal. We ended up having to pay €80 for tickets that we were told were going to cost €17 and the great man himself was raffling tickets in the team hotel carried shoulder high bu absolute clowns.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Zilina Suvivor View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zilina Suvivor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:27pm
Slovakia away was my one and only game. Havent even been to a home game lol Embarrassed

I was lucky to go to the game as my father knows John Delaney. Managed some comp tickets and was sat with the man himself on the train. I indulged in quite a few cans lol. 

Great memories. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Zilina Suvivor Zilina Suvivor wrote:

Slovakia away was my one and only game. Havent even been to a home game lol Embarrassed

I was lucky to go to the game as my father knows John Delaney. Managed some comp tickets and was sat with the man himself on the train. I indulged in quite a few cans lol. 

Great memories. 

Well that's obviously bullsh*t because Delaney wasn't on the train
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:48pm
very poor effort from virgin media tbh. Cheap 

Looking forward to the Rte doc, should be good. For all their faults they do documentaries very well
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 500501502503504 539>
  Share Topic