You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 470471472473474 539>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 2:36pm
Thanks lads I wasn't sure who legally should pay the BIK the employer or employee
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 3:57pm
Genuine question here. 

I haven't followed this as closely as others on here or posted on this thread much so please excuse my ignorance here.

Even with all the corruption/financial mismanagement during his tenure, would it be a feather in his cap that he facilitated an uptake in football participation in traditional rural GAA strongholds around the country at a grassroots level?

Or would this have happened anyway with a more competent CEO? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Genuine question here. 

I haven't followed this as closely as others on here or posted on this thread much so please excuse my ignorance here.

Even with all the corruption/financial mismanagement during his tenure, would it be a feather in his cap that he facilitated an uptake in football participation in traditional rural GAA strongholds around the country at a grassroots level?

The only credit i will give him is bringing the FAI to its kness which will end up being a very good thing....forcing complete reform. It would not have happened otherwise.

Possible I'd give him credit for pushing through the national leagues at underage (although there is room for improvement) and sticking with Dockter against the schoolboys clubs wishes/self interest. 
It's not me it's you:-)
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

John Delaney was the best CEO for grassroots football. He developed the game with new facilities schools of excellence etc. The FAI took a 50% stake in Mac Sharry Park under JD. This is now gone due to the present Board failure to honour the agreement.

Noel Kennedy’s tweet today . They haven’t gone away you know.

Complete self interest. They don't give a sh*te about anything else. Like its the current boards fault that the fai is virtually bankrupt........thats like bertie saying everything was fine when i left (bertie actually said thatCensored)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 11:03am

Genuine question here. 

I assume you have a rod in your hand posting this? If not im either a Nigerian prince, a lonely Ukrainian 22 year old stunner or a fella selling O Connell Bridge...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Genuine question here. 

I assume you have a rod in your hand posting this? If not im either a Nigerian prince, a lonely Ukrainian 22 year old stunner or a fella selling O Connell Bridge...
LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Genuine question here. 

The only credit i will give him is bringing the FAI to its kness which will end up being a very good thing....forcing complete reform. It would not have happened otherwise.

Possible I'd give him credit for pushing through the national leagues at underage (although there is room for improvement) and sticking with Dockter against the schoolboys clubs wishes/self interest. 

Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:15pm
Why is exactly the same fairly nondescript image of Delaney adjusting a green tie used in absolutely every article about him?
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Lads I know everything about the rent payments was immoral and wrong when others were getting wage cuts in fai and the game was struggling for finances but did anything illegal go on here. I'm no tax expert so I don't really know. Morally all a disgrace but legally ????
And please only people who know what they talking about answer this question.
I haven’t read the story but if his rent was paid by the FAI and he didn’t pay any BIK, revenue will be after him and the association.

Correct. Normally BIK like PAYE is deducted at source by the employer however if the employer does not deduct enough then it is still the employees responsibility to pay the revenue the shortfall.

There are knock on issues. If the FAI did not account for the extra allowance as BIK then they underestimated his pay and therefore the associated Employers PRSI, so they would also have a bill (small in the scheme of things). 

JD presumable has other interests and was therefore completing a Form 11 (self assessment) each year. If he did not include this his self assessment would be wrong and the question would have to be asked was it just an accidental omission. False tax returns are a serious offence.

Same goes for the FAI. Was it an oversight or something more sinister?

The repayment of the BIK and Employers PRSI would be no big deal, but there could be other consequences. I would imagine at this stage the revenue is going through both sets of tax returns with a fine tooth comb and looking for patterns of "accidental omissions".

Sorry for my long winded summary!

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 12:59pm
Thanks for that insight :)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:42am
The Rebels get their answer  from board and they won’t like it . It’s blazers for the boys or complete reform.

FAI board warn council they will be 'insolvent' if reforms are not approved

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fai-board-warn-council-they-will-be-insolvent-if-reforms-are-not-approved-39425044.html
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:15pm
The short term future of Irish Football depends on the MOU  being voted through. Let's now see how much the blazers really care about Irish football or themselves!!!
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

The short term future of Irish Football depends on the MOU  being voted through. Let's now see how much the blazers really care about Irish football or themselves!!!

Now they can do both!

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 6:15pm
What a cop out !!!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:45pm
More developments.

"The Elected Directors of the FAI are alarmed at a statement made during a press conference on the 5th August 2020 by the Interim CEO, Gary Owens

"During the press conference, Mr Owens refuted a claim made by Fianna Fáil Deputy Marc MacSharry that a MoU with Government was signed on 30 January 2020 without it being discussed at a board meeting earlier that day.

Mr Owens went onto claim that; “The board members had the opportunity to review what the terms and conditions were, and they did sign off on it. They didn’t sign off on it afterwards, they signed off on it beforehand. [Marc MacSharry] is wrong on that.”

The Elected Directors wish to state on the record that they did not approve the MoU before it was signed, therefore MrMacSharry’s statement is correct..

The facts are that they only received a draft copy of the MoU at 9.02am on the 30th January and immediately raised concerns regarding some of the conditions with the Chairman and received no reply

The Elected Directors listed below are calling on the interim CEO to immediately clarify his remarks.

Paul Cooke         
John Finnegan
Martin Heraghty
David Moran
Gerry McAnaney
Joe O’Brien
Richard Shakespeare
Ursula Scully
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:46pm
and we go againLOL

Edited by Pipkin - 05 Aug 2020 at 11:46pm
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 3:44am
 Delaney cohorts??? Who are they? from where? 
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 3:48am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Delaney cohorts??? Who are they? from where? 
The queen
The Gettys
The Rothschilds
And Colonel Sanders before he went tits up
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 470471472473474 539>
  Share Topic