Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465466467 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

He is the only man to have played in major finals for us in 3 different decades.  He was our leading goalscorer at one point as well.  

Was Quinn injured for USA 94? 

I wondered why Tommy Coyne started for us against Italy. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:36pm
Yeah, Quinn tore his cruciate that season, but had come back for a few games for Man City at the end of the season. He wasn't fit to play in the World Cup though.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Yeah, Quinn tore his cruciate that season, but had come back for a few games for Man City at the end of the season. He wasn't fit to play in the World Cup though.

He played for City towards the end of the season but couldn't play for us? Crazy stuff
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:40pm

What games did he come back for?  I don't remember him coming that close to making it.  I checked their last 4 league games and he didn't play.  He did his cruciate in November 1993 IIRC.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:46pm

What games did he come back for?  I don't remember him coming that close to making it.  I checked their last 4 league games and he didn't play.  He did his cruciate in November 1993 IIRC.

He scored two goals against United in that November derby the bastard LOLWink 

Did he go out to the World Cup with the squad? I assume Jack would've brought him over anyway. 

Edited by irishmufc - 05 Jun 2020 at 7:46pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

He played for City towards the end of the season but couldn't play for us? Crazy stuff

My memory tells me Peter Reid...was he City manager at the time....refused point blank to release him citing summer rest required after his injury..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Did he go out to the World Cup with the squad? I assume Jack would've brought him over anyway. 
Back when Manchester City seemed incredibly cool. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:43pm

He was doing commentary with George Hamilton 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 10:44am
I seem to remember Paul Byrne, who was at Celtic at the time being in with a shout for the 94 squad but a relative of his I worked with told me after he missed a meeting with charlton because he’d been on the lash!Daft if true but he was an absolute spacer as well as being a talent.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

I seem to remember Paul Byrne, who was at Celtic at the time being in with a shout for the 94 squad but a relative of his I worked with told me after he missed a meeting with charlton because he’d been on the lash!Daft if true but he was an absolute spacer as well as being a talent.
More importantly an absolute spoofer !!!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Don't think he was ever in with a real shout.

Would he have realistically got in ahead of Keane, Townsend, Houghton, Sheridan, Whelan, McLoughlin, McGoldrick or McAteer? McAteer was the only one he'd have had a shot of ousting, the rest all contributed in qualifying and were shoo-ins. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:35pm
McGoldrick maybe? I don't remember him being that good, but memory is a strange thing!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

McGoldrick maybe? I don't remember him being that good, but memory is a strange thing!

He played in the campaign and at Windsor, think he was safe in the squad. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

He played in the campaign and at Windsor, think he was safe in the squad. 

He had some eyebrow (and yes I mean the singular). 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:10pm

Read a recently released book on the late 80s and 90s era of Man City..A good read. They were some basket case of a club!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Read a recently released book on the late 80s and 90s era of Man City..A good read. They were some basket case of a club!
Name of it?
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 12:46pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Name of it?
Caught Beneath the Landslide
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465466467 539>
  Share Topic