Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454455456457458 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 4:27pm
he was in the stand with the fans at USA 1994 after he retired no more passionate Irishman than you could meet.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

he was in the stand with the fans at USA 1994 after he retired no more passionate Irishman than you could meet.
We’re truly fecked then!
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 9:22am
I like Mick but when he got the job he was an out of work Championship manager not holding all that many cards. Whatever about the very generous salary, paying him off on completion makes no sense whatever.  
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

That is shocking stuff, how much money do these guys need ?
How may coaches salaries would €1.13m cover ?
Mick do the right thing !
Do the right thing? Do you honestly think McCarthy gives a flying fiddlers about Irish football? 

Are you seriously saying that Mick McCarthy doesn't care about Irish football? 
Are you seriously saying he does? I would love to know what indicators you’ve been getting!

Moronic stuff. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 9:31am
I thought everyone knew this . I was sure this was said when he took the job. 
Augustus Gloop View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augustus Gloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:00am
I can't say a bad word about Mick as he's been the best manager we've had since Mick quit first time round. Stephen Kenny rightly should only be on a fraction of the salary, considering he has no top level experience, apart from that brief failure in the SPL, even though he absolutely deserves his chance. 

I think it will take years to fix the damage done by Delaney, who's only talent as a CEO was knowing how to play the game to survive, Kim Jong-Un style, by having all the journalists and FAI colleagues terrified of saying a bad word about him so that he could continue riding on his gravy train swindle long term. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

I thought everyone knew this . I was sure this was said when he took the job. 

Yes, this has been known for a long time
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Augustus Gloop Augustus Gloop wrote:

I can't say a bad word about Mick as he's been the best manager we've had since Mick quit first time round. Stephen Kenny rightly should only be on a fraction of the salary, considering he has no top level experience, apart from that brief failure in the SPL, even though he absolutely deserves his chance. 

I think it will take years to fix the damage done by Delaney, who's only talent as a CEO was knowing how to play the game to survive, Kim Jong-Un style, by having all the journalists and FAI colleagues terrified of saying a bad word about him so that he could continue riding on his gravy train swindle long term. 
Confused
Here we go again
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:13am
LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:30am
This is the fault of the FAI and not Mick. No doubt Mick will be delighted with it.

The FAI should have given Mick an incentive with qualifying to get the 1.3 million.

I'd like to see all managers have a basic salary and then that salary is bumped up with performance related payments.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:46am
Greed. Greed is good. Lunch is for wimps. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 3:43pm
The JD and Mick salary negotiations sound like Peter Ridsdale and Seth Johnson all over again.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The JD and Mick salary negotiations sound like Peter Ridsdale and Seth Johnson all over again.

LOL

Wasn't it something like Johnson's agent said they'd look for 10k and before they even said anything Ridsdale offered 35k 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 4:30pm
the salaries and pay offs in jd’s reign were criminal.

Edited by gufct - 02 Mar 2020 at 4:31pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

LOL

Wasn't it something like Johnson's agent said they'd look for 10k and before they even said anything Ridsdale offered 35k 

So the story goes, but by the accounts of those actually involved, the commonly told story is largely untrue.

Johnson was on about 3k at Derby and according to Ridsdale ended up on "at least ten grand less" than the story doing the rounds. Also, Johnson wasn't even there when the negotiations took place, it was just his agent.

But the story is still funny and it's quite possible that Johnson's agent went in looking for ten, Ridsdale offered twenty, Johnson's agent was shocked, and Ridsdale didn't cop that the shock wasn't Ashley Cole "I nearly crashed my car" shock, it was shock at being offered twice what was expected.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:45am
Headline in the Clare Champion that the Clare District Soccer League will be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by the FAI over their banning of a frequent poster here over comments made online.

Edited by cliffrichard - 05 Mar 2020 at 11:45am
Touts Out!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Headline in the Clare Champion that the Clare District Soccer League will be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by the FAI over their banning of a frequent poster here over comments made online.

This is the sort of stuff that the FAI can do to win hearts and minds. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:53am
Clap Power move 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454455456457458 539>
  Share Topic