You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 445446447448449 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:05pm
I surprised he hasn't done one already
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/john-delaney-548468195

He needs to update his LinkedIn  

Anyone on here go to Waterford RTC between '87 and '89? I was first year in Dundalk for 88/89, played Waterford in the colleges tournament. Scored and all. Wonder did he play?   

Hell of a CV especially when you add in the Iceland win over England and the Wales run to the semi in Euro 16.

An Experienced CEO of Growth Businesses

About

A highly commercial CEO with a powerful track record at the highest level. A current Director of UEFA, Vice Chair of the Youth & Amateur Board and Deputy Chair of the Women’s Football Committee. Strong management and leadership skill set, where I have grown every business I have run, taken two to successful divestment and nurtured growth at the Football Association of Ireland sevenfold.

Experience

Director, Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), Switzerland

2017-Present

The international governing body of European football incorporating 55 countries and €4bn of revenue. Vice Chair of the Youth & Amateur Board and Deputy Chair of the Women’s Football Committee.

CEO, Football Association of Ireland

2004-2019

The governing body for football in the Republic of Ireland which employs 205 people with a revenue of €50m and membership groups totalling 450,000.

MD, ABX Logistics (SE Region, Ireland)

2003-2004

A subsidiary business of ABX Logistics (Belgium), itself a subsidiary of SNCB – Belgium Rail, which acquired QC Logistics in 2003.

MD, QC Logistics

1999-2003

A logistics business storing ‘Just in Time’ products and materials, principally for the pharmaceutical industry, and exported finished products.

MD, Cameo Products

1993-1999

A state-of-the-art bakery business employing 40 people with €1m of revenue.

Education

Articles at Spain, Fewer & Quinlan 1989-1993

Waterford Institute of Technology 1987-1989

Interests

Football: UEFA, Football Association of Ireland

Big Four: PwC, KPMG

Management Consultants: McKinsey, Bain

PE: Blackrock, Bridgepoint, Charterhouse, Advent International

People: Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk

I think he also taught Elvis how to play karate. 

And fought in Vietnam
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:19pm
this is the real side of Delaneys carry on was speaking to member of a fairly progressive schoolboy/ junior club whom Delaney had promised 100,000 for club development to be paid over 10 years.
This is now gone the club were counting on this income to help improve facilities over the next decade and you can be sure plenty more are in the same situation 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:33pm
It would probably only depress you thinking about it, but imagine we had been able to appoint someone who cared about the game instead of him. Instead of looking back on the damage he's done to the game, we could have been in a position like the Belgians or Iceland in terms of development. Both of them languishing as ordinary unheralded sides in the early 2000s. There's nothing they've done that wasn't simply the reward of combining a receptiveness to new ideas and pure hard work.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 22 Jan 2020 at 4:34pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm
I'm sure his lawyers and advisors have warned him against speaking publicly. I'd say he'll be keeping a very low profile for at least another year. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:18pm
I'm sure he's at home weighing up all those job offers in excess of 400k that he kept telling us about.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

this is the real side of Delaneys carry on was speaking to member of a fairly progressive schoolboy/ junior club whom Delaney had promised 100,000 for club development to be paid over 10 years.
This is now gone the club were counting on this income to help improve facilities over the next decade and you can be sure plenty more are in the same situation 

By the sounds of it it serves them right for licking his hole. Oh and if they were budgeting on what money might be coming in is downright incompetence.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

By the sounds of it it serves them right for licking his hole. Oh and if they were budgeting on what money might be coming in is downright incompetence.
Stop will you only some one like you could jump to the point of screw them it’s their own fault for reaching out to the head of the association they are part of to help further their club and its facilities for the community.

Just because they budgeted for it doesn’t mean they need it.
It’s just means they can get more done in a shorter period of time.

Ah but screw them for trying to be progressive.

Good man trap don’t change.

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:25pm
He left out deloitte... 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

He left out deloitte... 

Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon Deloitte. Afternoon Deloitte.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/john-delaney-548468195

He needs to update his LinkedIn  

Has anyone from here tried sending him a message through InMail?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 4:54pm

Brennan says she has seen several such cases in her time studying corporate governance and says the FAI affair is a classic case of "board capture," where a CEO takes complete control of a board and operates outside of meaningful scrutiny.

"Certain types of people get to the top of organizations," she told DW. "People who are willing to be ruthless, to ruthlessly stamp down on anyone who will prevent them getting to the top. And remember, if you are researching psychopaths, you will typically find them in two places. One is in prisons and secondly, is at the top of organizations."

From a German news Article about the FAI 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 5:05pm
anyone got a pair of glasses.
AKA pedantic kunt
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:12am
FAO the fans that boycotted games over the past few years do ye now intend to make a comeback and support the national team?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

anyone got a pair of glasses.

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:22am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

FAO the fans that boycotted games over the past few years do ye now intend to make a comeback and support the national team?

Ye because all is great in the world. No scumbags, formerly bag men acting as Chief of anything whatsoever in the place

Edited by Pipkin - 28 Jan 2020 at 5:35am
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 10:55am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Once Delaney et al are all removed from positions, the severity of what they did is revealed in full and they are prosecuted to the fullest possible I'll be back
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 10:58am
old board members back on committee’s plus delaneys defenders what has changed.

Edited by gufct - 28 Jan 2020 at 11:01am
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 445446447448449 539>
  Share Topic