You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448 539>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:49am
. Double post

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 21 Jan 2020 at 10:51am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Surprised that none of the morning papers have picked up that it was obvious that it was JD who drafted the Uefa statement.  They are giving the statement a lot of coverage.

It was picked up that the statement was a sticking point that they acceded to in getting him to leave without a fuss.

Also, was picked up that a senior UEFA exec had to take Delaney aside and firmly tell him to stop bringing his girlfriend to official events early on. 

For years the gombeen men at the FAI were telling us that Delaney is the only one we can send to UEFA with name recognition who can put us on the map, and that if it weren't for him, nobody would know who we are. Turns out they ran him out of town too. 

While i'd love for him to face a full investigation into his time at the FAI, him having every professional door closing on him and probably unable to return to Ireland given his unpopularity is a consolation for now, until the full extent of the damage comes to light.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 21 Jan 2020 at 10:51am
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:54am
Surely a journalist could write something along the lines of ' reads like something Delaney would write himself' Are journo's not allowed use sarcasm anymore? An opinion piece could easily pick holes in it! 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Surely a journalist could write something along the lines of ' reads like something Delaney would write himself' Are journo's not allowed use sarcasm anymore? An opinion piece could easily pick holes in it! 

You wouldnt go there in a news piece. Could be subtle in a colour piece maybe and certainly go in on the credit he's given for Wales and Iceland given that second place was automatic in 08 and both would have had a play off in 12.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:54pm
I see that poor oul JD's only public appearances in recent times were at funerals. I wouldn't be standing too close to the gravesides if i were him!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:47pm
I see John Delaney is standing for the US presidential election. That's why he stepped down from Uefa. 

If you would like to donate to his campaign, you can do so on his website.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
2 of his daughters are

Edited by horsebox - 21 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Surprised that none of the morning papers have picked up that it was obvious that it was JD who drafted the Uefa statement.  They are giving the statement a lot of coverage.

It was picked up that the statement was a sticking point that they acceded to in getting him to leave without a fuss.

Also, was picked up that a senior UEFA exec had to take Delaney aside and firmly tell him to stop bringing his girlfriend to official events early on. 

For years the gombeen men at the FAI were telling us that Delaney is the only one we can send to UEFA with name recognition who can put us on the map, and that if it weren't for him, nobody would know who we are. Turns out they ran him out of town too. 

While i'd love for him to face a full investigation into his time at the FAI, him having every professional door closing on him and probably unable to return to Ireland given his unpopularity is a consolation for now, until the full extent of the damage comes to light.

Imagine having to say this to someone in a professional capacity LOL

Agree with all who have said he drafted the statement himself. I'll never fail to be amazed by the brass neck on him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Jumping before the push.

I take it JD has been inundated with job offers with a starting salary of €460k.

Sure he told us they were all looking for him when his FAI salary was being asked about. He must be just taking his time to make a decision. 

The actual quote was that he had ''been offered 3 times his current salary'' to do other things, but he loved football and loved his job too much to accept those offers. I say offers in the plural, as of course, there must have been many of them. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:23am
Has any media outlets tried to get an interview with John? Could he resist keeping his ample head out of the papers?
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:53pm
https://ie.linkedin.com/in/john-delaney-548468195

He needs to update his LinkedIn  
Let Christy Take It.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 1:06pm
his last Interview with a sports journalis was with Dion Fanning in 2012.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

More like SlinkedIn
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

his last Interview with a sports journalis was with Dion Fanning in 2012.

The way you'd get a successful interview with JD nowadays is put someone he hasn't heard of up to it, and tell him it'll be a piece for 'his side of the story' highlighting the achievements of his time as head of the FAI. He is that deluded that he'd believe it.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

More like SlinkedIn
Now he's SlinkedOut. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 2:44pm

Anyone on here go to Waterford RTC between '87 and '89? I was first year in Dundalk for 88/89, played Waterford in the colleges tournament. Scored and all. Wonder did he play?   

Hell of a CV especially when you add in the Iceland win over England and the Wales run to the semi in Euro 16.

An Experienced CEO of Growth Businesses

About

A highly commercial CEO with a powerful track record at the highest level. A current Director of UEFA, Vice Chair of the Youth & Amateur Board and Deputy Chair of the Women’s Football Committee. Strong management and leadership skill set, where I have grown every business I have run, taken two to successful divestment and nurtured growth at the Football Association of Ireland sevenfold.

Experience

Director, Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), Switzerland

2017-Present

The international governing body of European football incorporating 55 countries and €4bn of revenue. Vice Chair of the Youth & Amateur Board and Deputy Chair of the Women’s Football Committee.

CEO, Football Association of Ireland

2004-2019

The governing body for football in the Republic of Ireland which employs 205 people with a revenue of €50m and membership groups totalling 450,000.

MD, ABX Logistics (SE Region, Ireland)

2003-2004

A subsidiary business of ABX Logistics (Belgium), itself a subsidiary of SNCB – Belgium Rail, which acquired QC Logistics in 2003.

MD, QC Logistics

1999-2003

A logistics business storing ‘Just in Time’ products and materials, principally for the pharmaceutical industry, and exported finished products.

MD, Cameo Products

1993-1999

A state-of-the-art bakery business employing 40 people with €1m of revenue.

Education

Articles at Spain, Fewer & Quinlan 1989-1993

Waterford Institute of Technology 1987-1989

Interests

Football: UEFA, Football Association of Ireland

Big Four: PwC, KPMG

Management Consultants: McKinsey, Bain

PE: Blackrock, Bridgepoint, Charterhouse, Advent International

People: Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 22 Jan 2020 at 2:44pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:35pm
He will defo do a TV interview in about a year with somelike like Tubridy or some other non sport person and cry about being a scapegoat and how he is afraid to leave his gaf now, to get public sympathy
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Anyone on here go to Waterford RTC between '87 and '89? I was first year in Dundalk for 88/89, played Waterford in the colleges tournament. Scored and all. Wonder did he play?   

Hell of a CV especially when you add in the Iceland win over England and the Wales run to the semi in Euro 16.

An Experienced CEO of Growth Businesses

About

A highly commercial CEO with a powerful track record at the highest level. A current Director of UEFA, Vice Chair of the Youth & Amateur Board and Deputy Chair of the Women’s Football Committee. Strong management and leadership skill set, where I have grown every business I have run, taken two to successful divestment and nurtured growth at the Football Association of Ireland sevenfold.

Experience

Director, Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), Switzerland

2017-Present

The international governing body of European football incorporating 55 countries and €4bn of revenue. Vice Chair of the Youth & Amateur Board and Deputy Chair of the Women’s Football Committee.

CEO, Football Association of Ireland

2004-2019

The governing body for football in the Republic of Ireland which employs 205 people with a revenue of €50m and membership groups totalling 450,000.

MD, ABX Logistics (SE Region, Ireland)

2003-2004

A subsidiary business of ABX Logistics (Belgium), itself a subsidiary of SNCB – Belgium Rail, which acquired QC Logistics in 2003.

MD, QC Logistics

1999-2003

A logistics business storing ‘Just in Time’ products and materials, principally for the pharmaceutical industry, and exported finished products.

MD, Cameo Products

1993-1999

A state-of-the-art bakery business employing 40 people with €1m of revenue.

Education

Articles at Spain, Fewer & Quinlan 1989-1993

Waterford Institute of Technology 1987-1989

Interests

Football: UEFA, Football Association of Ireland

Big Four: PwC, KPMG

Management Consultants: McKinsey, Bain

PE: Blackrock, Bridgepoint, Charterhouse, Advent International

People: Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk

I think he also taught Elvis how to play karate. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448 539>
  Share Topic