Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 539>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:18am
"This morning, the FAI released a statement saying that it will not be in attendance because they are currently focused on a refinancing package that will "guarantee the future of the FAI and safeguard jobs".

I am sorry but I just had to laugh at that statement above . LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

The FAI board has told the Oireachtas committee that they won't be appearing before them tomorrow. Accountability has clearly massively improved then...

Accountability LOL weren't the FAI supposed to get back to the Oireachtas committee with the responses to a list of unanswered questions over 6 months ago? Including questions such as who authorised the press release falsely stating the FAI board were aware of John Delaney's 100k loan in 2017. That should have taken all of 5 minutes to find out. 6 months later, still no answer. That's just 1 of many unanswered questions from back then, on top of the numerous others unanswered after the release of the accounts last week.

It looks to me like the new FAI stinks very much like the old FAI, even if the likes of Cooke seem like decent people. The culture is absolutely rotten to the core. The fact that John Early had the f*cking neck of a jockeys b*llox to say he's staying on, and basically nothing to see here, only a few days ago tells you everything you need to know. What a sight that was. Conway saying he was just naive and too trustworthy. Jaysus f*cking Christ, they are a sickening bunch.

I think it's better if they go to the wall asap. Disgusting organisation. The only sad part is the jobs lost. Outside of that, whether a new organisation is set up or the old one survives, finances are going to be savagely tight for a long time. At least with a new organisation the stench of the previous reign is gone. 

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

So the FAI are 55 million in the hole. Deloitte say that the jig is essentially up. FAI staff are going to be let go en masse. Yet it's 6 weeks since John Delaney pocketed 463k in a settlement package. This after being on full pay for almost 6 months while on gardening leave.

So even after bankrupting the association and taking out wages and BIK totaling close to a million euros in each of his last few years at the FAI, the board still saw the good sense to pay this absolute piece of dirt 650 thousand euros total between gardening leave pay and his severance package since last March when this broke.

I wonder do the lads on here who were absolutely staunch that the FAI giving John Delaney a golden handshake was the smart move still feel the same way? I wonder do the lads on here who only a couple of months ago laughed at the notion that John Delaney or others at the FAI could be caught up in illegal activity, still think that nothing illegal has happened?

Delaney is absolutely p*ssing himself laughing. An association that is essentially bankrupt and has little chance of survival, has paid him 650k while on its last legs. It is beyond disgusting and a fitting end to a despicable FAI board. Delaney should have been fired last March. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Not one single cent more should have made its way to him since March. I look forward to the YBIG HR peoples responses on this also.

Valid point Hans.

Name anything you have ever done to improve the state of Irish football please
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:50am
Name anything that you have ever done to improve the state of Irish football!

From a mod, on a thread about how the FAI is essentially bankrupt due to John Delaney and the FAI boards actions. Sweet suffering jaysus. That is embarrassing, even for you Bob.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:56am

From a mod, on a thread about how the FAI is essentially bankrupt due to John Delaney and the FAI boards actions. Sweet suffering jaysus. That is embarrassing, even for you Bob.
Whats being a mod got to do with anything? Is Bob and the rest of us not entitled to post as individuals and express our own personal opinions as such? 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:58am
Hans you destroy every thread on here and drag threads off topic non stop.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Whats being a mod got to do with anything? Is Bob and the rest of us not entitled to post as individuals and express our own personal opinions as such? 

A mod just asked me to tell him what I had personally done for Irish football. I presume the comment was made in the sense that my comments are worthless unless I have done something for the betterment of Irish football.

That is absolutely embarrassing. The fact he is a mod makes it more embarrassing.

Can you tell me what my personal and sporting situation has to do with John Delaney and the FAI?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:08pm

Thanks for answering it.

But keep tapping away on the keyboard Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Hans you destroy every thread on here and drag threads off topic non stop.

Absolutely no f*cking idea what you are crying about this morning. A mod just asked me what I had personally done for the betterment of Irish football. In a thread about John Delaney and the FAI being bankrupt. Yet you are saying I have taken the thread off topic? Mortifying stuff out of you.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Thanks for answering it.

But keep tapping away on the keyboard Clap

Why should I answer it? For mods, and posters on here who complain about off topic stuff (I don't think I've posted a single off topic post on this thread btw), this is just outstanding in it's level of hypocrisy, stupidity and tbh creepiness.

You want to know about my personal life for some reason?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:12pm
I should have rephrased it to what did you ever do about John Delaneyand how the FAI was run in all these years. 

You're very vocal now. But did nothing when it mattered.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:15pm
So Hans do you think you may be going on Holiday anytime soon LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I should have rephrased it to what did you ever do about John Delaneyand how the FAI was run in all these years. 

You're very vocal now. But did nothing when it mattered.

You are correct. That is a totally different question. Less creepy. Level of condescension absolutely through the roof though, as again you have no idea what I may or may not have done. Staggering commentary tbh.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

So Hans do you think you may be going on Holiday anytime soon LOL

Have I said or done anything untoward tbf?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:18pm
He was busy attention seeking in the ROW section Bob. He’s an activist here now though, after the horse has bolted Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

He was busy attention seeking in the ROW section Bob. He’s an activist here now though, after the horse has bolted Clap

Again, I'd ask how do you know what I may or may not have done? For all you know I'm the snitch who fed Mark Tighe info. For all you know I'm the ginger lad doing the social circle magazine stuff with John Delaney. For you know, they were my Donnay tennis balls that kick started huge media commentary last March.

The condescension on here is something else.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 10 Dec 2019 at 12:22pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:28pm
Yawn

Yawn

Yawn

Yawn

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:29pm
Staggering stuff on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 539>
  Share Topic