You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:54am
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

FAI crisis: Varadkar now ready to step in

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/fai-crisis-varadkar-now-ready-to-step-in-38763524.html
From a crooked CEO to a bent politician. If government are involved they must work with UEFA. I dont mind starting  from bottom seeds as a new entity as I feel the pros out weigh the cons. But a ban is unthinkable.
The money the government through at IGB per head of participations is off the wall compared to investment in our soccer team. With an election coming up this needs to be highlighted especially in constituencies with LOI clubs

You reckon we had a crooked CEO. Why didn’t your supporters club make a statement to that effect??

My job as a  club rep was to get as many tickets for members as possible. I dont think it was my job to involved in the politics of the FAI.
I'm was not privy to what went on at board level within FAI and do not see the point in making statements without all the facts.

Coming from an non LOI town 99% of our membership dont care about it.

We don't care what clubs gets grants and what ones dont.

This approach got us 53 for Parkhead which is all the membership cares about. An SC is a self serving entity.

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:40pm
ffs at least your honest in ways.  

The I am alright jack and fck anyone else is brilliantly displayed here.  

I suspect you have voiced what many SC's members thought but never actually said.

Everyone who has supported the Irish football team over the last 15 years and has gone to away games knew their was a whiff off the whole thing.  They may not have known exact details or were able to prove anything.  

Some decided to walk away and have nothing to do with it, some got up nice and cosy with it and didnt give a sh*t about anyone else beyond their own patch,  some put it to the back of their mind and kept their distance but followed the team and then some protested and raised issues online and beyond.  

It's clear what group meant SCs members were in.   Ignorance is no excuse here as it was obvious what was going on was not great and anyone with any sense of right and wrong would keep their distance at least. 

Edited by Baldrick - 08 Dec 2019 at 12:41pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 1:20pm

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/fai-crisis-varadkar-now-ready-to-step-in-38763524.html
From a crooked CEO to a bent politician. If government are involved they must work with UEFA. I dont mind starting  from bottom seeds as a new entity as I feel the pros out weigh the cons. But a ban is unthinkable.
The money the government through at IGB per head of participations is off the wall compared to investment in our soccer team. With an election coming up this needs to be highlighted especially in constituencies with LOI clubs

You reckon we had a crooked CEO. Why didn’t your supporters club make a statement to that effect??

My job as a  club rep was to get as many tickets for members as possible. I dont think it was my job to involved in the politics of the FAI.
I'm was not privy to what went on at board level within FAI and do not see the point in making statements without all the facts.

This approach got us 53 for Parkhead which is all the membership cares about. An SC is a self serving entity.

Wow. A self serving entity. Pretty much how Delaney viewed the role of CEO.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:20pm

To be honest, that’s exactly the sort of self-serving attitude that has Irish football in the mess it’s in today. Rather that caring about equality for all supporters, you revel in the fact that you secured 53 tickets for Scotland away. Well done, but don’t come on here now and talk about a “crooked CEO” and “bent politician”. Too many people have been complicit in how the CEO and his cronies have behaved.

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:30pm
Sniping at fellow supporters now is petty, I’d bet even missy can see the faults with what has gone on regarding SCs which we would all hope major lessons have been learned from it
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:39pm
I got stung in Basel years ago and swore never again.
Mullingar has and always will support one fan one account and record. We signed up on YBIG mandate.
We  are a stand alone club and our away ticket allocation goes on the clubs away record. 
At the start of the season we offered to put accounts in members names and give FAI their away record and how long they have  STs. This was refused as TO was busy with U17s as well as STs.
We will make this offer again in May.

Our attitude was rightly or wrongly if you cant beat them join them.

To increase ST sales at the time the FAI made a deal with SCs an ST guaranteed an away ticket. Then out popped Scotland who did right by themselves  and stuck to 5%
I'm off line  for a while to watch Cetic  but will gladly answer any more questions tomorrow.
Dont attack the messenger for been honest and more SC members just might post.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:41pm
Guys - just a reminder that there were 2 No SC who were prepared to publicslly back the YBIG mandate request for increased % for ordinary fans and a  universal scheme and Missys SC was one of them. It woukd of been very easy to say fuk all - which plenty did 

The other one was Black Pearl btwClapClapClapClap

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 7:03pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 7:16pm
Hans that’s the woman who said the fai were right in settling with delaney rather than going to the labour court but then again you know more than she does ffs 😂😂😂😂
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 7:51pm

Hans that’s the woman who said the fai were right in settling with delaney rather than going to the labour court but then again you know more than she does ffs 😂😂😂😂

I've read plenty of comments of hers on the situation lately. I know who she is. I put the article up to show the figures, as thought the debt is in reality far far higher than the 55 million.

As for knowing more than her. I don't. I don't know more than any person qualified in finance, accounts etc. I do know that the FAI are bankrupt and will very possibly not exist soon. I do know that even with that knowledge, the FAI gave John Delaney 650k from March onwards. That was a morally, ethically bankrupt decision. The fact that people think it was a good decision is absolutely mind f*cking boggling. It will be the parting gift of a disgusting organisation to its dear leader. Plenty here are happy with and fair play to you. I'm not, it was a despicable decision.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:14pm
Good man Hans, still flat out not reading posts LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:03pm
Dont think anyone said they are happy with the decision.  You have obviously not been faced with a decision in work or in your personal life where you are faced with 3 choices  

A sh*t choice 

An even sh*tter choice 

And a feckin disaster choice.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The notion that I haven't read posts on this thread, or haven't read up on the details of everything that has been going on, is simply nonsense. You and others here are of the opinion that the correct thing to do was pay off the man who has bankrupted the FAI to the tune of 650k since he's been on gardening leave.

There are plenty here who agree with you, but you seem to have this notion that the people that disagree with you are wrong. There is a huge amount of Irish fans who cannot believe that this shyster gets a huge payments for years of incompetence, greed and very possibly fraud. With every bit of detail coming out, the amount of fans being disgusted by his payoff is growing. It was a lovely parting gift from his pals who were on board for most of this sh*t show though, and it's nice to see that plenty on ybig agree with the FAIs decision on this.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Dont think anyone said they are happy with the decision.  You have obviously not been faced with a decision in work or in your personal life where you are faced with 3 choices  

A sh*t choice 

An even sh*tter choice 

And a feckin disaster choice.  

Absolutely no idea what this is supposed to mean. What 3 choices exactly? The jig is up. It is over. The FAI as we know it is finished.

I don't believe that Irish fans are happy with the payoff at all. On the contrary lots are disgusted by it. You seem to think it was the correct decision. Myself and a huge amount of others think that not giving John Delaney a massive wage and then payoff over the past 6 months might be a better way of going about things. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:27pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:27pm
But where are you getting.the evidence that, that was a choice available to them without any repuurcussions that would.result in a bigger financial loss to the org.

You have consistently misrepresented the views of posters on here.  Not one poster has posted that they are happy with.the pay outs. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:37pm
Any good lawyer will tell you that when you go to court, what matters is not whether you are in the right but whether you will win.  Personally,  I would love to see JD dragged through the court but remember that the other side in the case would be the FAI.  Does anyone seriously trust them to negotiate a contract that would require their CEO to meet any standards at all. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The notion that I haven't read posts on this thread, or haven't read up on the details of everything that has been going on, is simply nonsense. You and others here are of the opinion that the correct thing to do was pay off the man who has bankrupted the FAI to the tune of 650k since he's been on gardening leave.

I don’t have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me, I do however have a problem with people consistently spinning what has actually been posted. 
Nobody, and I repeat nobody has said they’re happy JD got a golden handshake. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 539>
  Share Topic