You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 384385386387388 539>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:07pm
Only 29 days to go till we are debt free Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:42pm
If we don't qualify for this euros we prob won't make the next WC and we'll be going bust. And to think so many hard-core Irish fans backed this regime to the hilt. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:59pm
Could Sir Bob organise a concert or maybe a Christmas number 1 for them?

It's Christmas time
There's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time
We bring in Mazars and we banish JD
And in our world of shady
We can end up in The Joy
Throw your emails in the fire
At Christmas time
But say a prayer
Pray for the other ones
At Christmas time, it's hard
But when you're having fun
There's a cop outside your window
And it's a world of dreaded fear
Where the only water flowing
Is a bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring there
Are the clanging chimes of doom
We'll, tonight, thank God, I've got a lawyer
Instead of you
And there won't be E60,000 parties this Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life
Where the game never grows, no gin or money flows
Do they know it's Christmas time at all
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:09pm
LOL
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:10pm
LOLLOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:13pm
LOL

TJClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:27pm
That’s up there with your best work TJ LOL
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:04pm
ClapClap outstanding 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

There would surely be a bit of malicious enjoyment by us fans of LOI clubs that have had to suffer through insolvency processes, if the FAI were to resort to one itself.

From an organisational perspective, I'm sure a lot of LoI fans would love to see the association torn apart but that doesn't make up for anything that's happened to the cubs/league in the past. Once again, it'll be the average employee who will suffer the most, through "cost-saving" measures, even though they've had to endure such measures for the past 10 years.

As others have said, his true legacy for Irish football will be an organisation which has been bled dry, owes a fortune, will have to sell it's share of the stadium, and leave who knows how many employee facing the prospect of unemployment and financial burden.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:26am
I was genuinely shocked the hear some guys I met in Geneva from Limerick defend JD to the hilt. One guy kept repeating “ How could you get fired for putting money into a company “ I just had to walk away, think he still has support in certain areas around the country.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:51am
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

I was genuinely shocked the hear some guys I met in Geneva from Limerick defend JD to the hilt. One guy kept repeating “ How could you get fired for putting money into a company “ I just had to walk away, think he still has support in certain areas around the country.
Give me strength!!! LOLLOLLOL

Wonder if he was the same gobsh*te that I overheard in Aarhus last year asking 'what did Delaney ever do wrong'. LOL

You were right to walk away from him FT, there's clearly no talking to such people. ClownLOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 04 Dec 2019 at 10:54am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:54am
I wonder what would have happened if the information about the loan never came out? It looks like the association is on its knees financially. Would they of had to borrow large sums of money to keep the lights on still?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:02am
Key programmes axed and job cuts: FAI staff braced for the worst ahead of accounts being publicised

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/key-programmes-axed-and-job-cuts-fai-staff-braced-for-the-worst-ahead-of-accounts-being-publicised-38752605.html

Imagine if everyone had rowed in behind jd’s plans for supporters after the Glasgow ticket debacle would any of this have come out.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:12am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I wonder what would have happened if the information about the loan never came out? It looks like the association is on its knees financially. Would they of had to borrow large sums of money to keep the lights on still?
I dread to think!!! Dead
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:16am
Ah it would have been like Enron gufct with the whole thing coming crashing down around his ears.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

I was standing at the hotel bar in Gibraltar having a row about JD with a club official I know. Anyway, we were arguing loudly so I suppose people in the vicinity could hear us. After yer man left in a huff a couple of weary sounding young lads approached me and said

"What is the problem with Delaney? We aren't looking for an argument, we just don't know."

They honestly didn't know and I'd suspect that a lot of the general public wouldn't have had a clue at that point either. Obviously a lot has come out in the press since but I was amazed that fellas prepared to follow Ireland to a place like Gibraltar (complete with ticket panic) and would be that uninformed. 
El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:40am
When is Conway set to step aside?
When are the four independent board members been appointed?

These report delays are a convenient smoke screen to keep things as they are Angry
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:48am
Conway wants to stay in office for the glory trail of Euro 2020. Nothing has changed for the old brigade on the board , Council and leagues all over the country they think they are not to blame for the total collapse of the Fai under their watch. Jd was an employee who was allowed treat the Fai as his Fiefdom.

Paul Cooke was ostracized when he dared to ask questions about the accounts at the last Agm under Delaney that allowed questions from the floor .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 384385386387388 539>
  Share Topic