Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383384385386387 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:13am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/1203/1096675-frustrated-shane-ross-wants-complete-cleanout-at-fai/

I wont be giving a single cent to them till it happens.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:57pm
The Euros qualification is the only thing that could save them financially at this point. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:03pm
Where do we go from here really ?
A wholesale clear out now may happen , not sure how the suits can see this out  yet they still want to hold power .
A new football identity , sort of start from scratch would that be the best way forward ?
I still feel this will get a whole lot  worse before we see the woods from the trees

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:11pm
It's death by a thousand cuts. Only reason this board is still in place is to try and limit the amount of sh*t that gets out.

Blow the place up and start from scratch again. The only way to rebuild any kind of confidence. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:13pm
The only reason people are attempting to hang on is to pack their CV with being involved with the FAI for hosting Euro 2020. Self loathing sh*te. That Conway sausage is as big an egomaniac as JD ever was.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 03 Dec 2019 at 1:14pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The only reason people are attempting to hang on is to pack their CV with being involved with the FAI for hosting Euro 2020. Self loathing sh*te. That Conway sausage is as big an egomaniac as JD ever was.

Surely having FAI on the CV after this shamble would be a serious red flag 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:23pm
I know blowing the whole thing up might be very appealing to all of us and starting from scratch but I do wonder what impact that would have on those who are employed by the FAI and who have no fault in all of this. 
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:27pm
While in theory rebuilding or starting a whole new brand/association is probably the best idea, the practicalities and legalities of it at this point may be too significant.  

Surely a total re-brand would effect sponsorship, endorsements affiliations that are already in agreement and are bound by legal contracts, thankfully, which will keep some income coming in which will be of dire need!!

I know its not ideal for sponsors to be linked with such a shambolic organisation that is in place at present but would a completely new brand pose problems for them if their sponsorship was automatically transferred to a new entity? I'm no corporate whizz or anything or i wouldn't even pretend to know i understand the legalities of it all but its an interesting situation.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I know blowing the whole thing up might be very appealing to all of us and starting from scratch but I do wonder what impact that would have on those who are employed by the FAI and who have no fault in all of this. 

Clap
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:43pm
CVA or Liquidation  is where we are heading.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

They're f**ked either way from the sounds of things though
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 2:05pm
What about rebranding to "Provisional IFA"

We could sing up the provos and not get fined. LOL
Let Christy Take It.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

CVA or Liquidation  is where we are heading.

CVA is a UK concept that doesn't apply in Ireland.

There would surely be a bit of malicious enjoyment by us fans of LOI clubs that have had to suffer through insolvency processes, if the FAI were to resort to one itself.

Liquidation, either started by the FAI itself or by a creditor, would be more likely. The employees would most likely become redundant as at the date that a liquidator is appointed. The liquidator's main job is to sell off any assets in "FAI Limited" to recoup as much money for creditors. This would likely include selling off any interest in Lansdowne Road. Not sure how governance of football in this country would be managed if the FAI were liquidated.

An examinership is possible I suppose, where the FAI try to buy up to 100 days to restructure and write down their debts. It would require fresh investment from outside to fund any rescue proposal. It would be the closest thing to a fresh start, and would probably be the best result for the ordinary hard working employees as a relatively clean entity could come out the other side.

F** knows though. Judging by the reporting today, the accounts are not going to be pretty.

As a general position, if the directors of the FAI cannot reasonably form the view that "FAI Limited" can meet its debts as they fall due, based on the accounts, and there's no feasible light at the end of the tunnel (via new lending from UEFA or otherwise) then they have a duty to recommend that "FAI Limited" be wound up.

EDIT: hopefully as part of any restructure, we can change the crest!

Edited by cliffrichard - 03 Dec 2019 at 2:40pm
Touts Out!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 2:54pm
Image result for st vincent de paul appeal
Please give generously to the St. Vincent de Paul Christmas appeal in aid of the FAI who haven't two cents to rub together this Christmas.   Hopeless, afraid, abandoned.

Image result for fai

Related image

Edited by Trap junior - 03 Dec 2019 at 2:58pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 3:33pm
 Paul Cooke appointed executive lead at FAI. Will be based full-time at Abbotstown, reporting to Donal Conway. from JOHN Fallon on Twitter.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:45pm
could we then be suspended from international competition?
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:50pm
Not familiar with Cooke. Good appointment?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383384385386387 539>
  Share Topic