Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 11:17am
Originally posted by CarlowMan1888 CarlowMan1888 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Off The Ball talking about whether or not there'll be protests at the match. They expect there to be. They reckon no tennis balls though

There's an ice hockey protest.  Bring whatever ice hockey equipment you have.

Too right. The funding the IIHA get is a disgrace. The Dublin Rams deserve better. Shouldn't have to travel to Dundalk for a home ice hokey game

Couldn't have said it better myselfClap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:43pm

Off The Ball talking about whether or not there'll be protests at the match. They expect there to be. They reckon no tennis balls though

Of course there will be a protest. Same people who planned secretly the tennis ball protest will be planning something again. 
Watch out for the 33rd minute 

Edited by t_rAndy - 04 Sep 2019 at 2:43pm
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:27pm
Directors of embattled Datalex at time of 'accounting irregularities' now face threat of prosecution 

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/directors-of-embattled-datalex-at-time-of-accounting-irregularities-now-face-threat-of-prosecution-38467772.html

I’d advise any Fai director or former director to read this it might soften your cough.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Of course there will be a protest. Same people who planned secretly the tennis ball protest will be planning something again. 

There was nothing secret about the tennis balls
Danger here, OH NO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Directors of embattled Datalex at time of 'accounting irregularities' now face threat of prosecution 

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/directors-of-embattled-datalex-at-time-of-accounting-irregularities-now-face-threat-of-prosecution-38467772.html

I’d advise any Fai director or former director to read this it might soften your cough.
Visual Benilyn?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

There was nothing secret about the tennis balls

Organized tennis ball protest. As in, it didnt appear to have been organized in a public forum
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:36am
Looking up at the huge areas of empty seats in the middle tiers last night, it is very obvious that corporate Ireland regards the FAI as a particularly toxic brand to be associated with.
Touts Out!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:53am
Saw a couple of empty corporate boxes too. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:57pm
Reduction in the number of stewards around 114, hard to know if that is the result of Mooney being as good as his word when he said he would 'look at the situation' or maybe they just can't afford to pay the extra security any more.

That whole issue is something that should be examined and separated from all the other various fiascos, just how much over & above the normal costs of a game was spent on security just to police 2 sections behind the goal in order for several games ?? 

And all that done in an attempt to forcefully dissuade fans from expressing a public opinion on the FAI and one of their notable employees, not for any actual security reasons. I'd love to get Mr Conway's & Mr Early's thoughts on that one, and why the change of heart all of a sudden ? 

Though I would presume that Mr Early would claim that no dissent ever emanated from the schoolboys section of the ground and therefore, nothing to do with him whatsoever. Mr Conway probably 'wasn't aware of' the extra security in the first place and assumed that some fans had taken to wearing high-viz apparel to games in an effort to influence Toploin sports in their next away jersey design. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Reduction in the number of stewards around 114, hard to know if that is the result of Mooney being as good as his word when he said he would 'look at the situation' or maybe they just can't afford to pay the extra security any more.

That whole issue is something that should be examined and separated from all the other various fiascos, just how much over & above the normal costs of a game was spent on security just to police 2 sections behind the goal in order for several games ?? 

And all that done in an attempt to forcefully dissuade fans from expressing a public opinion on the FAI and one of their notable employees, not for any actual security reasons. I'd love to get Mr Conway's & Mr Early's thoughts on that one, and why the change of heart all of a sudden ? 

Though I would presume that Mr Early would claim that no dissent ever emanated from the schoolboys section of the ground and therefore, nothing to do with him whatsoever. Mr Conway probably 'wasn't aware of' the extra security in the first place and assumed that some fans had taken to wearing high-viz apparel to games in an effort to influence Toploin sports in their next away jersey design. 

It’s funny because it’s likely true
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 1:06pm
They would have spent a fortune over the years on that extra security. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

They would have spent a fortune over the years on that extra security. 

Have a contact in the security/event management business, must get on to him to provide an estimate. How many extra security staff were there for each game would anyone like to guess (20/40/60 ?) and for how many games ? There are a few photos of the lower South Stand covered in High-Viz people knocking about online, even if someone were to post those up it might give a very rough idea of numbers. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:16pm
Reading about his 50th birthday bash it would put most weddings to Shame. Great that FAI employees were spending their time organising and working at it Confused. really looking forward to the mazaars report
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:40pm
Some amount of great supporters there too.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:54pm
I heard you were waiter in disguise Tommy. The famous "says hello" getting lots free pints the black stuff on the JD tab. Sorry I meant FAI  social account No.24
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I heard you were waiter in disguise Tommy. The famous "says hello" getting lots free pints the black stuff on the JD tab. Sorry I meant FAI  social account No.24

James Bond theme ffs. LOL

Dr No says hello.... 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 2:51pm
Dunphy denied being there at one stage
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Heard the LOI refs racked up a hefty bill at their table served by Joe McGlueWinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 539>
  Share Topic