Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Junior,

Your points are all very valid and correct. Unfortunately, there is an Anti SC Agenda being driven by some posters on here. They have no idea what the History, Membership, Block Bookers, Season Tickets and Away Games attended by these members are. Many of the clubs are older than the posters.

They may say that there is NO Agenda, but we can all read into their posts. The SC's did not create the current ticket situation, but some narrow minded people are determined to blame the SC's.

I'm following Ireland at Home since 1972 and Away since 1988 and I resent your comments. The silence from the SC's is disgraceful and the stories people have posted 0on here are not Heresay they are fact.

Of the Sc's listed on the FAI website there are quite a few that are less than 2 years old. http://www.fai.ie/ireland/fan-republic/supporters-clubs

Transparency on the 1,700 tickets handed out by the FAI to Sc's,Vantage Club Members and frequent away Travellers (of which they were f**k all given Tickets) is all we are asking for but we were met with a total wall of silence from both the FAI and the SC's why is this the case if we are equal .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:40pm
Is it any coincedence that a few posters in some of these threads who seem to be missing the whole point are coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden  hmmmmm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:45pm
Why should any one from a SC come on ybig and answer questions.  it

They do not have answer to posters on ybig.  The FAI are the association  who are in charge of tickets and .decide on the allocation.  It is up to them to answer the questions.  Not people who volunteer and  set up a SC.  
It is up to the FAI to provide the transparency not the SC's  
AKA pedantic kunt
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:47pm

Junior,

Your points are all very valid and correct. Unfortunately, there is an Anti SC Agenda being driven by some posters on here. They have no idea what the History, Membership, Block Bookers, Season Tickets and Away Games attended by these members are. Many of the clubs are older than the posters.

They may say that there is NO Agenda, but we can all read into their posts. The SC's did not create the current ticket situation, but some narrow minded people are determined to blame the SC's.

If anyone is narrow minded it is you and Junior. Everything I have posted about SCs on this is 100% fact. Supporters Clubs shouldn't be looking to protect their own interests at the expense of other supporters - i.e. they should be willing to admit to how many tickets they got if asked and not be redirecting queries to an FAI employee. If that is not being in cahoots with the FAI, what is it?

I have no agenda. I am not in a SC and I got my tickets from the FAI. But I am able to see everyone's side here. And anyone that is condoning what the SCs are doing are not true Irish supporters and certainly wouldn't like to meet them.

And why are you bringing age into thisConfused
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Junior,

They may say that there is NO Agenda, but we can all read into their posts. The SC's did not create the current ticket situation, but some narrow minded people are determined to blame the SC's.

Transparency on the 1,700 tickets handed out by the FAI to Sc's,Vantage Club Members and frequent away Travellers (of which they were f**k all given Tickets) is all we are asking for but we were met with a total wall of silence from both the FAI and the SC's why is this the case if we are equal .

Sorry now but I answered questions from my own SC's point of view, another sweeping generalisation of yours shot down.

You seem to know everything about the fans who got tickets, you don't know f**k all about me
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:58pm
Havent seen answers from Any SC's on ybig if its me that post is directed at for just asking a simple question.
Mullingar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mullingar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:10pm
YBIG had 2 reps at the first meeting of the RISSC Confederation pre Austria game in March 2013 To the best of my knowledge They were in the room when clubs put a proposal to FAI re away allocation which Tony Dignam agreed to. So to say YBIG did not know what was going on with clubs away ticket allocation is untrue I will find out who from YBIG signed in for the meeting if you wish. You can't blame the fai or clubs because your reps did not post main points from that meeting.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Mullingar Mullingar wrote:

YBIG had 2 reps at the first meeting of the RISSC Confederation pre Austria game in March 2013 To the best of my knowledge They were in the room when clubs put a proposal to FAI re away allocation which Tony Dignam agreed to. So to say YBIG did not know what was going on with clubs away ticket allocation is untrue I will find out who from YBIG signed in for the meeting if you wish. You can't blame the fai or clubs because your reps did not post main points from that meeting.

By the  way what if someone is not in a SC  or posts on ybig.  

How would they find out about this decision.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

JD is not my dear leader. I think he is a buffoon.

You are reading what you want to read in to my posts and in fact I think you are wide of the mark in what the opening poster was trying to get at also - i.e. this 'list' was nothing to do with ticket distribution.

The only point I was trying to make (and I've been very unsuccessful I'll admit) is that just because you are a fan within a supporters club (of which I am not) does not mean you should be tarred with some kind of underhand, 'they are all in cahoots with JD/FAI' umbrella'

Some of our most loyal and longest serving regular home and away supporters are members of supporters clubs - to dismiss them, as I sensed the opening post was doing and also as I've read in many posts elsewhere on this forum over the last couple of weeks, is a joke.

By all means pull JD and the FAI up on their many many inadequacies but supporters clubs? guys giving up their free time to organise travel and tickets and the likes - some are new yes but many have been around long before the Scotland ticket fiasco and I didnt hear a peep out of anyone complaining about them then. If they are getting unfair allocation then first stop is FAI process.

Where did i insinuate in the opening post that people in supporters clubs shouldnt get tickets? Please tell me. I in no way are blaming supporters clubs. I am bitterly disappointed that those i charge of them won't talk and are redirecting queries to an FAI employee - as said...

You didn't insinuate it nor did I say you did - in fact I haven't mentioned supporters clubs entitlement to tickets. Perhaps if you read the post(s) I have made (which you admit you didn't) then you would realise that. I'm not sure how I can dumb down the point I was trying to make any further.

As newryrep stated earlier, we are all on the same side but you can sense it in many posts on this forum in recent weeks that SC's are being in some way marginalised with comments which would have you believing they were full of members who had never attended a game and are walking around with wads of tickets for the Scotland game in their back pockets (exaggerating to make a point but you get my drift).

Supporters Clubs can be great in terms of organising support, particularly outside of Dublin. It can have a social side, they can help with travel, tickets. Charity fundraising, it can be the reason why a fan goes to his/her first game and many of them have been around since the year dot - long before the internet!....you know what though it doesn't sound all that different to YBIG does it?

They are not for everyone but for some it makes perfect sense to be part of a collective group - and that reason isn't to gain some unfair advantage over other fellow supporters.

Who are the SC's avoiding questions from - you didn't answer my earlier question? Is it you? the press?

Like I said, your opening post was insinuating that SC members wouldn't be interested in adding to your list of JD's misdemeanours because well basically they are all in bed together. That's well wide of the mark. You say you don't have anything against SC's but I think your opening and subsequent posts have not really supported that stance.

Anyway, I really didn't think Id need to make 5 or 6 posts to make the same point over and over again though so we'll just have to beg to differ.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:19pm

No need. I was there and Gerk was there

What proposal is this? I still actually have the notes from it

As I said at the time, there was definitely a move towards SCs but in no way, shape or form did any FAI official say that supporters clubs were going to get priority over indivduals.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

By the  way what if someone is not in a SC  or posts on ybig.  

How would they find out about this decision.  

I'm in a supporters club but did not know about this.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Havent seen answers from Any SC's on ybig if its me that post is directed at for just asking a simple question.

daithi and greenforever both asked me questions. I answered them as best I could. No I was not nominated by my own SC to answer them. I just did, I spoke for them and them only. I don't want rumours perpetuated about them.

I seen one other person speaking about his own SC. He was out of the country but he did his best to answer lads on here. Some want to speak, some don't and I can see why. At the same time maybe some SC's don't have members who frequent this site as well.

For the record, when was there ever an actual request from YBIG put to these SC's asking them about questions? It could be lost within a host of ticket threads but is it really fair for SC's to search through them and answer then?

As Baldrick said, SC's don't answer to YBIG, they never have. They never asked YBIG for permission to form in the first place. Some might have used this forum along with others as means of spreading word about certain things but thats it. In saying that, do all SC's collectively believe themselves to be of a higher power? I don't know. Its been well documented of one SC revelling in delight of their allocation an slating a well known away regular but why should that speak for all SC's? Personally speaking, I don't compare the two, both bring positive aspects to Irish football. Turn the shoe on the other foot, would YBIG.ie see fit to answer questions put to them from SC's. What would the reaction be on here?

Added to that, why should the stories of bandwagoners getting favours from the suits in the FAI  turn into a generalisation of all fans who got FAI tickets from wherever being on the bandwagon? I may not have a storied travelling record as yourself but I am as passionate about my country as much as anyone else on this forum. Some people know me on here. They know I am genuine. I know others who are genuine too. Should we be ostracized from the Irish support purely because we are part of a SC? No. Even the YBIG timeline events states this.

Yes, people are asking questions, people want answers so something like this never happens again but sweeping generalisations and subtle digs (not you but seen it on here) just perpetuate a growing discontent towards SC's when if anything YBIG should be reaching out to these people. Maybe some don't want to speak now but in time maybe they will
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:26pm
If you'd follow the league, you'd get used to him.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:32pm

The Guarantee re: Tickets for Scotland was not made at that meeting it was made in your home town on the 23rd July by whom though??

Interesting that you joined on Friday week and have been spinning for the FAI Since as has one or two more posters do you really thing posters on here are ging to believe that rubbish?

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:39pm
Here is the thing , if the decision was made to move to SC's then why not tell us so we could join one ?
Why take our deposits when there was never an intention to give us tickets ?
It's an utter disgrace.

If it becomes an sc vs. non sc shoot out now Delaney is laughing.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Here is the thing , if the decision was made to move to SC's then why not tell us so we could join one ?
Why take our deposits when there was never an intention to give us tickets ?
It's an utter disgrace.

Clap  Exactly. All the questions should be fired at the FAI not the SC's  

The SC's have nothing to answer as they are just simply fans organisations who applied for tickets and got them.  

Its the FAI who have the power and made the decisions. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Exactly. Divide and conquer.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:46pm
Jaysus, why do things have to spelled out.

It's not an attack on supporters clubs however if someone is a member of a supporters club and they only go to one away game per campaign they should not receive a ticket ahead of a regular away traveller who does 5 or 6 aways per campaign. It's that simple. 

Edited by reddladd - 03 Nov 2014 at 9:48pm
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 539>
  Share Topic