The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529530531 539>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 7:33am
Easy what you say lads, we have been here before .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 6:55am
Absolute gombeen political move, if any of the stakeholders in the fai had a bit of respect they would be disgusted, needless to say this is as far as it will go
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 12:05am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

We kind of laugh about car park training pitches, about FAI selling out to Spain in a world cup play off in the 60's, players sitting behind officials on planes and wasn't someone in the FAI offloading tickets to touts back in the day. My point being, this comedy of errors and incompetence with the people who have run football in this country in the past eventually becomes a bit funny when you look back. Similar to Irish politics. My take on it anyway, us Irish jus get on with the cards that are that are dealt to us then we find the funny side to it eventually

Hah. Yeah. "Someone".

LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 12:02am
LOL Like father like son
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 12:02am
And then his off spring walks into power. What a country we are
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:58pm

We kind of laugh about car park training pitches, about FAI selling out to Spain in a world cup play off in the 60's, players sitting behind officials on planes and wasn't someone in theFAI offloading tickets to touts back in the day. My point being, this comedy of errors and incompetence with the people who have run football in this country in the past eventually becomes a bit funny when you look back. Similar to Irish politics. My take on it anyway, us Irish jus get on with the cards that are that are dealt to us then we find the funny side to it eventually

I think you may well be referring to Joe Delaney or as John Delaney knew him "Daddy".
For anyone unfamiliar with the story, it became known as merriongate:

It slowly emerged that, over the course of Ireland's participation in the 1990 and 1994 World Cup finals, the FAI had bought non-Irish match tickets and then swapped them for tickets for Republic of Ireland tickets through a London-based ticket agent. The Sunday Independent revealed that this practise had generated a loss of £154,000 in 1990 and £210,000 in 1994. Initially the FAI denied any knowledge of such dealings and tried to ride out the media storm.

The scandal took an unexpected twist when it emerged that the London agent was Greek and travelled under a couple of different names - Theo Severiades and Tio Marcos. The FAI admitted that they had dealings without realising that he was in fact a ticket tout. He had made off with £200,000 of FAI match ticket money.

It emerged that the FAI Honorary Treasurer Joe Delaney (father of the FAI Chief Executive John Delaney and former chairman of Waterford United) had been engaged in the ticket dealing with 'George the Greek' without the knowledge of the FAI Executive Committee. He had denied it at first but later issued a statement saying that he had personally stumped up £110,000 to cover the ticket shortfall.

In the end Joe Delaney had to come up with a total of £210,000 to compensate the FAI for his dealings with 'George the Greek'. He also apologised for not telling the FAI about his curious and highly unorthodox ticketing dealings.

- See more at: http://www.soccer-ireland.com/irish-football-history/merriongate.htm#.dpuf
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:55pm

We kind of laugh about car park training pitches, about FAI selling out to Spain in a world cup play off in the 60's, players sitting behind officials on planes and wasn't someone in the FAI offloading tickets to touts back in the day. My point being, this comedy of errors and incompetence with the people who have run football in this country in the past eventually becomes a bit funny when you look back. Similar to Irish politics. My take on it anyway, us Irish jus get on with the cards that are that are dealt to us then we find the funny side to it eventually

Hah. Yeah. "Someone".
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:55pm
We are a country that accepts mediocrity. Be it in politics, public services, adminsitration of the likes of the FAI, th workplace etc etc. Those who dont accept it, and desire change and those who get off their arses and do something or try to do something to highlight it and change things are sneered at and lookd down upon.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:24pm
.... and as a result are useless at pretty much everything ! Roy was right all along . Ole Ole 🍻👏🏼👍🏼
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:20pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:03pm
The damage being done by this clown is far greater than a couple of bad results.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:47pm

Do you reckon one day we'll be able to look back and laugh at it all?

For some peoples sake, I hope we can.

Are we allowed smirk at the fact we drew with Liechenstein or the Harry Ramsdens challenge yet or is it too soon Wink
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I think I'll cry before I laugh to be honest .. Few things ..

1) Did he (and Miss Sasanach) fly to Nyon ?
2) If so , why did he when UEFA were handing over tickets to numerous associations anyway ?
3) How much did this jolly-up cost the FAI who are (apparently) skint ?

It's obvious from the other thread some are still fooled by his spin but honestly , how thick does he think people are !!!

If he does think that he's dead right. The Irish public are thick. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:26pm

I think I'll cry before I laugh to be honest .. Few things ..

1) Did he (and Miss Sasanach) fly to Nyon ?
2) If so , why did he when UEFA were handing over tickets to numerous associations anyway ?
3) How much did this jolly-up cost the FAI who are (apparently) skint ?

It's obvious from the other thread some are still fooled by his spin but honestly , how thick does he think people are !!!
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by opa01 opa01 wrote:

http://www.balls.ie/football/john-delaney-is-not-the-all-conquering-hero-he-was-claimed-to-be-yesterday/322702

Dennis Franz reacts at 1 min 37- 1min 39

Edited by Trap junior - 28 Jan 2016 at 5:42pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:35pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:52pm
So either he is telling LIES.

or

He travelled to Nyon to achieve what everyone else achieved by staying at home, in which case he's an IDIOT.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

I think it is very unfair of UEFA to make JD travel the whole way to Switzerland to grovel n negotiate for more tickets for us when they applied a different set of rules on the North, they just rang the IFA to tell them that they were giving them more tickets. What double standards.
He went to go and tell Sepp; "this is what happens when you mess with JD and coke". He then sang ' the broad black brimmer' and left.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529530531 539>
  Share Topic