You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Boozer - Glasgow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:49pm
Is there not a square to congregate on for matchday, or will everyone be down around the stadium
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:49pm
Looks like I am not going to the Wolfe Tones after all. I might check Malones on Friday day time though they have a BBQ and outdoor bar (even though it will probably be bucketing out of the heavens). Then hit the Gallowgate. 

Open to suggestions for Thursday night now though.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Nice smoking area and beer in a glass, we're a fussy old bunch...

very important.

I cant imagine they'll be may glasses handed out on gallogate.

No chance of glasses

I'll stick my contacts in then so.

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Looks like I am not going to the Wolfe Tones after all. I might check Malones on Friday day time though they have a BBQ and outdoor bar (even though it will probably be bucketing out of the heavens). Then hit the Gallowgate. 

You need a wristband for the Friday to even get onto the street Malones is on.

Edited by GreenArmy! - 12 Nov 2014 at 1:55pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

I have one sir. I would say the majority of the craic will be around the Gallowgate though which is why I wouldn't stay there too long. 
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

I have one sir. I would say the majority of the craic will be around the Gallowgate though which is why I wouldn't stay there too long. 
Thumbs Up
Was offered one by a lad I know, but thinking the same as yourself about the craic being in the Gallowgate.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 2:58pm
What's this sh*te about wristbands to drink in a city centre!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:01pm
Any definitive headquarters yet lads on the Gallowgate? Might jump out of the taxi on way back from fans game to get a pint in the brazen as it's on the way but after.....
The Tollbooth?
Crystal Bell?
Hoops bar?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:07pm
Think we're going to hit the Chrystal Bell once we get back from the fans game and get checked in to the B&B.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Malones is situated in a back alley/lane. thye have p permission to close off the lane to the public and have a bit of a rat infested laneway party. Wristbands required for admittance
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:17pm
Crystal bells
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Malones is situated in a back alley/lane. thye have p permission to close off the lane to the public and have a bit of a rat infested laneway party. Wristbands required for admittance

If it's rat infested it's best avoided!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Think we're going to hit the Chrystal Bell once we get back from the fans game and get checked in to the B&B.
Done.Thumbs Up
We're out for the day after the fans game. Into Glasgow central at 10.30am, pint and breakfast in the Iron horse....drop bags in Mc Clays and taxi to fans game for 1pm....
Crystal bell then so....
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Is Hagies still opening on match days, used to be a great atmosphere in there on match days live band playing.

Hagie's and Bairds are both permanently closed these days as far as I know.

Bairds was a top top top spot.
Ah here, come off it like. That place was awful. http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/top-cop-brands-city-bar-a-threat-to-public-safety-1.1132603. 

'City Bar a threat to public safety.'

Was a grand spot Corkery, doubt you were in it I'm guessing! Don't fall for the hun media/police statements
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by UpYePupYe UpYePupYe wrote:

Done.Thumbs Up
We're out for the day after the fans game. Into Glasgow central at 10.30am, pint and breakfast in the Iron horse....drop bags in Mc Clays and taxi to fans game for 1pm....
Crystal bell then so....

Actually staying in the same place but thought the check in was only available after 2pm.

UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:41pm

Done.Thumbs Up
Crystal bell then so....

Actually staying in the same place but thought the check in was only available after 2pm.

Just had a look there on the email and your right but says you can leave bags with them. May just do that, handier than having to go back after fans game and then back to Crystal Bell. Can check into room after the match then...
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:49pm

Done.Thumbs Up
Crystal bell then so....

Just had a look there on the email and your right but says you can leave bags with them. May just do that, handier than having to go back after fans game and then back to Crystal Bell. Can check into room after the match then...

With our lot, that would turn into a 3am check in !

Edited by Borussia - 12 Nov 2014 at 4:08pm
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 4:06pm

Done.Thumbs Up
Crystal bell then so....

With out lot, that would turn into a 3am check in !
LOL
Same....
I'll chat to ya at the fans match anyway...will have the Georgian hat on...no name tags needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic