FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MON on Eamonn Dunphy and co

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MON on Eamonn Dunphy and co
    Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

When Sammon was capped for Ireland he was, at that time the highest scoring Ireland person AFAIK.

More than Sham at the bingo club?
LOL prick
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I think with Charlton the success we had was unprecedented. We had never qualified for anything and here we were getting to Q/F of World Cups.  The football was caveman stuff but you cant complain if you had never qualified for anything before. Beggars cant be choosers.  If we had a history of qualifying regularly and playing nice passing stuff then you might have a case say like Spain or Italy.

You don't say!! Really?

88 and 90 were superb, starting point of the tiger, Ireland had arrived as a nation, great fun, travelling the world making friends. It was much bigger than just football. Dunphy was the note of caution  in terms of the knobs attaching themselves to football and the style not achieving our potential. He got destroyed by those same knobs who were too busy enjoying the party and agreement from the football folk who saw it for what it was. Charlton was a lucky manager who rode his luck with an FAI who couldn't stand up to him, and fair play to him. 
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

When Sammon was capped for Ireland he was, at that time the highest scoring Ireland person AFAIK.

More than Sham at the bingo club?
AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I think with Charlton the success we had was unprecedented. We had never qualified for anything and here we were getting to Q/F of World Cups.  The football was caveman stuff but you cant complain if you had never qualified for anything before. Beggars cant be choosers.  If we had a history of qualifying regularly and playing nice passing stuff then you might have a case say like Spain or Italy.

We have qualified a few times now for finals and I think the public want to see us do it with some good football now.
We've qualified for ONE tournament in 12 years.
played three, won one, lost two, scored none
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:55am

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:27am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

St. Ledger, Ward, Whelan, Andrews, Westwood, Forde, Pilkington, Salmmon all got their start under the Trappatoni guy!
You for real? Bar Sammon what's so funny?
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:24am
St. Ledger, Ward, Whelan, Andrews, Westwood, Forde, Pilkington, Salmmon all got their start under the Trappatoni guy!
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Dunphy gave O'Neill a bit of credit last night for unearthing Christie and McGoldrick but in the same breath, he has a dig at Trap to say that he never unearthed anyone.

The likes of Cox, Folan, Green and Lawrence were all first capped by Trap and had pretty decent starts to their careers. Was just another example of Dunphy not being able to give praise to someone without detracting from another.

Wilson, McCarthy, Coleman and Hoolahan and many many others were first capped by Trap.

AFAIK about 52 players played under Trap.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:01am
Only watched Tuesday highlights last night. Sadlier right about Keanes stuff not having an impact on the players other than giving them a laugh. Dunphy talking through his hoop as usual.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Dunphy gave O'Neill a bit of credit last night for unearthing Christie and McGoldrick but in the same breath, he has a dig at Trap to say that he never unearthed anyone.

The likes of Cox, Folan, Green and Lawrence were all first capped by Trap and had pretty decent starts to their careers. Was just another example of Dunphy not being able to give praise to someone without detracting from another.

You are right. Folan, Cox and Green really changed Irish football

Anyway Cox made it known for a long time that he was eligible to play for us, Green supposedly wrote to the FAI informing of his eligibility, Lawrence was called up before Trapattoni came along and it was Steve Staunton who ''discovered'' Caleb Folan & wanted him for Euro 2008 qualifying campaign. Trapattoni did not find anyone.

Edited by grannyrule - 20 Nov 2014 at 9:49am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 5:48am

We have qualified a few times now for finals and I think the public want to see us do it with some good football now.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 1:22am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I think MON problem is, he </span>doesn't<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> know his best 11 or they haven't all been fit at one time to play them all together. Fingers crossed v Poland we'll have the full squad to unleash at the Pols including McGoldrick and Christie.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Dunphy is just a clown, nothing more. Gives the papers something to write about, complained about Jack Charlton back in the day to. </span>
the problem was he had Charlton sussed, caveman football etc. he hit a schism between football people and the barstoolers and was a necessary note of sanity at a time football became crazy here. The problem is he has made a career off being contrary and it's become tedious. And what's worse is it's spread across RTE sport, none cares for sensible analysis anymore, it's all about being contentious.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:18am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I think MON problem is, he </span>doesn't<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> know his best 11 or they haven't all been fit at one time to play them all together. Fingers crossed v Poland we'll have the full squad to unleash at the Pols including McGoldrick and Christie.</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Dunphy is just a clown, nothing more. Gives the papers something to write about, complained about Jack Charlton back in the day to. </span>

There is a lack of a tactical philosophy too. There was obviously a system in place for Germany that worked defensively until Whelan went off. Friday night was naive. They hoped the Scots would go toe to toe physically and forget about all else, they didn't. Our midfield injuries were a massive problem but Gibson should not be in a game like that, not when he isn't fit enough.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:12am
I think MON problem is, he doesn't know his best 11 or they haven't all been fit at one time to play them all together. Fingers crossed v Poland we'll have the full squad to unleash at the Pols including McGoldrick and Christie.

Dunphy is just a clown, nothing more. Gives the papers something to write about, complained about Jack Charlton back in the day to. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:08am

Ah here, I know how a forum works. Clonbhoy missed my point though and I wasn't arsed spelling it out for him. All he did was take the piss out of some Irish players.

You are right Dunphy is a clown and builds up Irish managers but in the end always turns against them. 

However the four players you mention are hardly a ringing endorsement of Traps recruitment policy.  Lawrence was a decent find alright (not sure he was much of a find) but he did play well for us for a campaign.  

The other three,  well the less said the better although Green probably had 2 decent games for Ireland.  

MON has got these 2 lads on board and they had promising debuts and we will see what happens. 

By the way MON has not done the business so far for Ireland as in my view we look directionless and we do not seem to have a style of play or any philosophy.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah imagine posting up an opinion and someone challenging on you.  like that totally goes against the whole idea of a football forum..  For fck sakes clonbhoy what were you thinking.  

Madness. I apologise. Mr. Trap did very well calling people up too. I will try and get Eamonn to say so
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:58pm
Ah here, I know how a forum works. Clonbhoy missed my point though and I wasn't arsed spelling it out for him. All he did was take the piss out of some Irish players.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:49pm
Yeah imagine posting up an opinion and someone challenging on you.  like that totally goes against the whole idea of a football forum..  For fck sakes clonbhoy what were you thinking.  

AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic