You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price of Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Cluji charging Celtic fans £36 for CLQ tomorrow night but charging their own fans £10 what a piss take.Thumbs Down
How much are Celtic charging Cluj fans for the return fixture?
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm

Cluji charging Celtic fans £36 for CLQ tomorrow night but charging their own fans £10 what a piss take.Thumbs Down
I went to Luxembourg two weeks ago for a Europa League game with Cork City. It was agreed that it was going to be a tenner entry. When we turned up, they doubled the price to twenty euro. The board of management refused to allow our fans pay the twenty. The Luxembourg crowd gave in and brought it back to the agreed price.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:09pm
AFAIK, tickets for away fans in the Prem are capped at £30.

Which makes them cheaper than some Championship clubs eg Leeds.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:04pm
Rangers charging Celtic fans £52 for the game at Ibrox. I don't know how much the home supporters are paying?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:07pm

Rangers charging Celtic fans £52 for the game at Ibrox. I don't know how much the home supporters are paying?
I think they start at 16.90..
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 3:58pm
Went to a National League game yesterday - £18 to get in which is a large amount for that league. 1,600 in so people obviously happy to pay it.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Went to a National League game yesterday - £18 to get in which is a large amount for that league. 1,600 in so people obviously happy to pay it.

Ours was £18 a ticket when we were in NL. in the NLN think it's 15 (works out a lot cheaper with my season ticket) but we need the money no tv dealt etc so I don't think people mind paying that for a game of football.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Ours was £18 a ticket when we were in NL. in the NLN think it's 15 (works out a lot cheaper with my season ticket) but we need the money no tv dealt etc so I don't think people mind paying that for a game of football.

Last time I was at an NL game was around 2 years ago and I think I only paid £10. 

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:36pm

Last time I was at an NL game was around 2 years ago and I think I only paid £10. 

There's a big swing in prices depending on the club and location. Who were you watching?
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:37pm

There's a big swing in prices depending on the club and location. Who were you watching?

Last time I went was Maidenhead. Yesterday was watching Aldershot v Sutton. Nice, old ground. Poor game 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:52pm
Only time I was at Aldershot was in 1998 when Sunderland were in the old third division it was a decent ground back then.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:57pm

It’s a bit of trade off. There are lots of people I know in places like Leyton, and Dagenham and they would happily to see Orient and the Daggers regularly if a seat wasn’t £20 a pop.

That said, it’s much cheaper than an PL league day out, where it’s prohibitively expensive for the day-tripper. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:41pm
The problem really is the enjoyment factor. I have a few gigs coming up that I am nearly guaranteed to enjoy and most of them have tickets at a similar, or lower, price to Aldershot’s entry fee. Clubs need to be competitive with pricing. Unfortunately, as can be seen just outside Manchester, clubs chase the dream and overspend, usually ending up with charlatans for the sake of a promotion. 
That’s for another thread, but there should be a cap on ticket prices in all divisions. It’s 30 quid for an away ticket in the EPL, yet you can pay much more in the divisions below.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 8:17pm

Only time I was at Aldershot was in 1998 when Sunderland were in the old third division it was a decent ground back then.

I doubt it's changed much since!
Enjoyable afternoon out in the sunshine anyways. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:39am
There has been a cap put on ticket prices for away fans for CL and EL matches only right too. CL £64 and EL £41.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:07am

There has been a cap put on ticket prices for away fans for CL and EL matches only right too. CL £64 and EL £41.
Still too high. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Still too high. 

Exactly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:28pm

Leeds charging WBA fans £39 for a midweek championship match which is live on sky.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
  Share Topic