Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price of Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The club have statistics on the locations of who buys match tickets - Was in minutes of the fans committee and the more recent fans focus groups. I can also tell you that most of the people who sit in and around me are locals. 

You'll also be aware that the club allocate a certain portion of tickets to all home league games only to people who have an "L" postcode : Right ? And you'll also be aware that, for example, the auto cup scheme for the league cup and FA cup is open to everyone and isn't always fully subscribed ? Or did none of that show up in your ancedotal search of twitter ??

He is not aware if it, otherwise he wouldn't post up the "spiel". 

Liverpool FC is coached, played by, supported, owned and run by foreigners from Europe and across the world. Most locals willingly accept that fact. Begrudgers from Ireland, and only Ireland, don't.

What were we talking about again? Oh right, European Cup Fnal ticket prices. €70ish for Cat 4, which will still be a fine view. The maximum price for a home Liverpool league game. It's still much cheaper than what I paid to watch one of our Euro games in Poland.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The club have statistics on the locations of who buys match tickets - Was in minutes of the fans committee and the more recent fans focus groups. I can also tell you that most of the people who sit in and around me are locals. 

You'll also be aware that the club allocate a certain portion of tickets to all home league games only to people who have an "L" postcode : Right ? And you'll also be aware that, for example, the auto cup scheme for the league cup and FA cup is open to everyone and isn't always fully subscribed ? Or did none of that show up in your ancedotal search of twitter ??

He is not aware if it, otherwise he wouldn't post up the "spiel". 

Liverpool FC is coached, played by, supported, owned and run by foreigners from Europe and across the world. Most locals willingly accept that fact. Begrudgers from Ireland, and only Ireland, don't.

What were we talking about again? Oh right, European Cup Fnal ticket prices. €70ish for Cat 4, which will still be a fine view. The maximum price for a home Liverpool league game. It's still much cheaper than what I paid to watch one of our Euro games in Poland.
Normally I don't bother to read your tripe, but the bit in bold is pretty much my entire point!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:42pm
Manchester United Inc. had a cafe on the corner of Westmoreland Street and D’Olier Street.

Thank fcuk it closed after a month
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As I mentioned elsewhere, you don't get the 'Shannon Stretford End', but you do get the 'Clonakilty Kop', it has even moved pubs a couple of times.

There's a Man United bar in Belfast, the Red Devil, if that's any good to you?

Right enough?

I’d imagine it is a terrible spot for a pint.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:15am
The Championship Play off final is worth £170m to the winning team according to sky.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:25am
I presume that's the total cost of tv rights for one season plus how ever many seasons of parachute payments thereafter (three I think), counting them finishing bottom of the Premier League in their first season and making the minimum of TV money, but then discounting what they'd get if they were in the Championship for the four years instead.

Presumably. Swiss Ramble on twitter probably has a thread on it; he does a load of good stuff on football finances.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I presume that's the total cost of tv rights for one season plus how ever many seasons of parachute payments thereafter (three I think), counting them finishing bottom of the Premier League in their first season and making the minimum of TV money, but then discounting what they'd get if they were in the Championship for the four years instead.

Presumably. Swiss Ramble on twitter probably has a thread on it; he does a load of good stuff on football finances.

Thanks for the heads up I've been looking at some of the articles by Swiss Ramble on football finance some interesting reading.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 8:50am
Been reading that some Man city season cards are priced at £750.

But fans do have the option of deferred paymenst of ten payments of £75 each payment.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 1:04pm
£275 for my season ticket next season. Conference north (23 home games). Last I checked we had sold just shy of 1000.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

£275 for my season ticket next season. Conference north (23 home games). Last I checked we had sold just shy of 1000.

Roughly the same price as mine in League 2!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Been reading that some Man city season cards are priced at £750.
Meanwhile at Spurs:

The lowest cost of a season ticket at the new stadium is £795 for adults, £595 for supporters aged 18 to 21, with senior and junior prices at £397.50.

The most expensive regular seats would set fans back some £1,995, while it costs £2,200 for the club’s ‘1882’ scheme which offers additional access to a private bar with “complimentary pre-match food, a programme and a drink at half-time”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/spurs-freeze-season-ticket-prices-for-debut-campaign-at-new-home-911745.html

And there are very few seats indeed available at £795 - by my rough calculation, the average price is over £1k.

Meanwhile, tickets for the Tunnel Club (i.e. seated alongside the see-through players' tunnel, opposite the centre circle, with bars and food etc) work out at £18k a season.

Though you can't buy then singly, you have to buy a pair (£36k):

https://twitter.com/spursofficial/status/822345501618143232?lang=en

P.S. There are still thousands on the ST Waiting List...

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Roughly the same price as mine in League 2!

It is the most expensive ticket as I go with the wife's grandad and he needs to sit down. I don't mind paying it, we need the money.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 7:29am
For the new season Stoke city are providing FREE coach  transport for their fans for all away matches for the sixth season running. Fair play. Cool

Edited by Double Maxim - 20 Jul 2019 at 7:38am
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:08am

For the new season Stoke city are providing FREE coach  transport for their fans for all away matches for the sixth season running. Fair play. Cool
It sounds good but I'd say it'll mean bussed right to the ground and back with no drink allowed. That would suit some people but it wouldn't be alot of fans' idea of an away game.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:21am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

It sounds good but I'd say it'll mean bussed right to the ground and back with no drink allowed. That would suit some people but it wouldn't be alot of fans' idea of an away game.
There would be no drink on buses over here at all.  One of the many silly rules around football. I can hire a coach tomorrow for a piss up and everybody can get hammered, if we decide half-way there to take in a football match when we get there it becomes illegal. There's no Ellis over here to turn a blind eye either.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 1:42am

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

There would be no drink on buses over here at all.  One of the many silly rules around football. I can hire a coach tomorrow for a piss up and everybody can get hammered, if we decide half-way there to take in a football match when we get there it becomes illegal. There's no Ellis over here to turn a blind eye either.
They have that problem up North too. I went to Coleraine away before with Cliftonville and we had to stop in some little village to dump all the empties etc. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:47am
Football is the only sport in the UK where it's illegal to drink alcohol on transport to and from the match. It's a throwback to the days of Thatcher and her little puppet Colin Moynihan the Sports Minister at the time. I've even heard cases where the Police have searched coaches whilst the match is in progress and if alcohol has been found the coach company has being fined and the driver sacked!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:31pm
Cluji charging Celtic fans £36 for CLQ tomorrow night but charging their own fans £10 what a piss take.Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
  Share Topic