You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price of Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Man U tickets v Derby in the FA Cup £45 I thought the price might have been cheaper for the early rounds like a lot of clubs do these days.
    Fair play to Derby Co owner Mel Morris he has put £87,000 of his own money in to bring the price of the Man U tickets down to £30.    
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
Sevilla charging Man U fans £89 each for 2,450 standard tickets and 200 tickets at £133 each. Initial expectations were Man U tickets would be all priced at £54.

Edited by Double Maxim - 20 Dec 2017 at 2:19pm
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:32pm
£89 in Seville would get you 20 beers and 20 plates of food. 

Cheeky that. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:02pm
Charge the f**kers twice that price.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 10:40pm

Sevilla charging Man U fans £89 each for 2,450 standard tickets and 200 tickets at £133 each. Initial expectations were Man U tickets would be all priced at £54.

Ridiculous pricing cos they know they'll get the demand for them. I was at Benfica V United in October. Ticket was only £40.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Charge the f**kers twice that price.

LOL

Clubs are entitled to charge what they want in fairness so my vengeful/selfish view would argue for United to respond in kind. Fcuk any moral high ground when it comes to club competitions like a Champions League knock out.

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Dec 2017 at 10:53pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:37am

Sevilla have broken no rules in charging as much as £133 for some seats offered to Manchester United supporters for their Champions League tie.

Liverpool travelled to Seville last month for a Champions League group game when tickets cost as little as £54, so the Man United game marks a near 65 per cent price rise for standard tickets.

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:47am

<P itemprop="deion"> Sevilla have broken no rules in charging as much as £133 for some seats offered to Manchester United supporters for their Champions League tie.

Liverpool travelled to Seville last month for a Champions League group game when tickets cost as little as £54, so the Man United game marks a near 65 per cent price rise for standard tickets.

I love the way you say as little as £54
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

<P itemprop="deion"> Sevilla have broken no rules in charging as much as £133 for some seats offered to Manchester United supporters for their Champions League tie.

Point taken but compared to £155 its a massive difference.

Edited by Double Maxim - 22 Dec 2017 at 6:53am
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 7:53am

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Point taken but compared to £155 its a massive difference.

A yea still scandalise price to pay to see a match. Didn’t Anderlecht charge something similar to Munich during the group stages as well.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 8:52am
200 VIP tickets at 150 Euro, and the plebs have theirs for just 100. Euro is the local currency of course.

Alternatively, they can watch it for a fraction of the amount on BT, or for free on TV3. I must say though that 150 quid is a lot to fork out to watch a 0-0 draw.

Of course though, they'll obligingly pay up. Difficult to have any sympathy for a club that isn't exactly known for charging bargain bucket ticket prices at their own home matches.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 10:17am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

200 VIP tickets at 150 Euro, and the plebs have theirs for just 100. Euro is the local currency of course.

Alternatively, they can watch it for a fraction of the amount on BT, or for free on TV3. I must say though that 150 quid is a lot to fork out to watch a 0-0 draw.

Of course though, they'll obligingly pay up. Difficult to have any sympathy for a club that isn't exactly known for charging bargain bucket ticket prices at their own home matches.
Well at the end of the day it's not the people who are setting the ticket prices that are getting shafted, it's the fans and it's not their fault their club has screwed fans over in the past
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 5:47am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Well at the end of the day it's not the people who are setting the ticket prices that are getting shafted, it's the fans and it's not their fault their club has screwed fans over in the past

Spot on its always the supporters that suffer.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:53pm
Sheffield Wed offering a refund for season card holders for the rest of the season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:10am

Good on Vincent Kompany saying EPL clubs should reduce their ticket prices.
Thumbs Up 

He made the point that  Manchester City are not reliant on gate receipts they made up just 13% of their total income last season so a price reduction wouldn't really harm city.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:21am

Thumbs Up 

He made the point that  Manchester City are not reliant on gate receipts they made up just 13% of their total income last season so a price reduction wouldn't really harm city.
Is Kompany offering to reduce his wages to help cover this ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:26am

Thumbs Up 

While I agree with his sentiments entirely it does seem a little in bad taste, not just for the reasons Gary hints at above but I can't imagine an employee in many other businesses telling their bosses what to charge and why.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:43am

None of the big clubs are reliant on gate receipts anymore.

When Uli Hoeness (he knows about money LOL) was asked why ticket prices are so cheap in Germany he said that if he wanted to raise €3m extra a year he wouldn't charge the fans, all he had to do was pick up the phone.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
  Share Topic