You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price of Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

they are happy enough to just watch on TV as the coverage is so good now a days.

I dont know if this happens to anybody else but I have often found myself at football matches, see something happen and for some reason I am awaiting a replay to be shown. I have just got so much into the habit of waiting for the replay  LOL

I brought some friends along to watch an Ireland game, who'd never been to an Ireland live game before.
Post game, one if them said he wouldnt be returning, as the matches looked so much better on TV and that every time there was a bit of action he was waiting around for the replay.
It's a valid point you make that TV coverage is so good these days that the actual product is in some ways inferior.
I can understand why controversial incidents are not shown, but I often wonder why instant replays of goals or other defining moments are not shown on the big screens that are inside most grounds.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 12:51am

Some Everton fans will be paying more to watch their team in the Merseyside derby later this month than to watch them in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley three days later. (Liverpool Echo)

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 12:53am
Dortmund Liverpool ticket for Thursday night 45 euro Clap
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 2:49am
Roman fans basically giving up following their team for an entire season and the best you can yap about is some ****s giving off about a league of over priced bull sh*t

No wonder Vidic wants to go back to watch Ireland ffs.

Protests in England
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 7:03am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Dortmund Liverpool ticket for Thursday night 45 euro Clap

Disgrace when you compare it to the Bundesliga prices.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 3:57pm
Except there is no standing on Thursday night. You can fit twice as many people into the standing areas when the seats are up instead of down.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 4:29pm
3/4 of the away fans at the Westfalenstadion for Bundesliga games are in a seated area (sections 55-59), the prices there are EUR 45, 38 and 32. The standing area for away fans at Bundesliga games are sections 60 and 61 and tickets cost EUR 17.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 8:41am
I was visiting my brother  in London last week so he got us some Arsenal season tickets that were £50, so probably cheaper than if we bought paper tickets.

If I lived near Highbury no f**king way would I pay such ridiculous priced tickets to sit in a dead atmosphere.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 6:38am
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I was visiting my brother  in London last week so he got us some Arsenal season tickets that were £50, so probably cheaper than if we bought paper tickets.

If I lived near Highbury no f**king way would I pay such ridiculous priced tickets to sit in a dead atmosphere.

Highbury was a different kettle of fish to the new place.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:57pm
Theatre tickets in the West End are similar in price. They are after the same demographic.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 4:05am
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 8:20am
I’m not surprised. Some prices have become ridiculous and the average fan is getting priced out of it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 8:34am
£84 (€94) for tomorrow's north London derby. Only for the fact I got the ticket for free I wouldn't bother going. As much if not more entertainment at Brentford for £24.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 9:49am
Football doesn't need local fans anymore. As long as the lucrative oversea markets keep bringing in the sheep that pay ridiculous amounts to come for a match, they're fine. And they get away with it.
A sad state of affairs, but simply the reality when there is such a demand and only so much supply.

It's no longer the working mans' game.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:07am
Well you certainly couldn't be unemployed and go to games. I know it's almost 30 years ago but I was getting into the White Hart Lane for £4 when I lived in London.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:15am
You would think this would benefit LOI and Lower League English football massively. How anybody can justify paying those prices week in week out is beyond me.
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:49am
Season ticket holder at Celtic and live in the English Midlands. Thought I would always be a ST holder at Celtic but with the cost of the season ticket, taking my son and travel costs, it is to much. Particularly after a poor year financially etc, I don’t see myself renewing. I will renew the Ireland ST due to games being more spread out and it being excellent value
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
  Share Topic