Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Germany were there for the taking last night. Just because there are people happy with mediocrity means lads should be sackedSick

6 World Cup final starters and winners in the side, whom play with Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Dortmund.

While we have our 2 best players missing with a centre mid playing RB, a back 4 that consists of players on fringes or a player coming to the end of his career and this is against a lethal attack and you say they were there for the taking? Ask my f**king hoop.

Sponsored Links

greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:54pm
It thought it was a dreadful performance last night.

They looked tired
They lacked any kind of creativity
They made the same old mistakes time and time again
A lack of concentration at crucial times during the match

All in all, a Very Disappointing performance by the Panel. Wink

As for the team...... ClapStarClapStarClapStar

Jaysus. The first 65 minutes set Ireland up for the last 25! Absolutely solid team selection, solid performance all through.  We can argue about who is better, but MON and

Houlihan WAS pants last night and only for Hendo for the goal, the cross was going well away from danger.

7 points from 9 is a terrific start. ClapClap

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:01pm
There were elements of the performance and team selection they could be critical of, Quinn wasout of his depth, McGeady wasn't working out in the middle, Walters offering nothing going forward. Dunphy and Giles ignored these and went with their assertion, Whelan bad and Wes good.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:13pm
Had a quick flick through this thread. I can't believe for the life of me that there are some people (albeit a tiny minority) backing the panel.

On social media there is also a small percentage of fans agreeing with what Dunphy and Co sprouted last night.  His 'analysis' before, during and after the game was f**king rotten to the core. It was attention-seeking, unqualified, extremely negative and very, very wrong.

I mean for Liam Brady to say Meyler plays in the Championship and for neither Dunphy or Giles to notify this error is sh*te you wouldn't even get down your local pub.

Listening to the three of them is akin to listening to three owl fellas sitting at a bar half pissed talking sheer rubbish about the sport.

Martin O'Neill got EXACTLY what he wanted last night. In fact, he's got every result he's planned for in this qualifying campaign so far. A brilliant start to qualifying which all Ireland fans would have taken before it started. 7-points from the opening three fixtures - yes please! (I'm not patriotic in anyway, not a huge Ireland fan, but always will them to do well).

For Dunphy to start his 'analysis' last night by suggesting Hoolahan should be on for WHelan in midfield was mindboggling. They don't even play in the same f**king position. Dunphy might as well have said Forde should be out, Hoolahan in. Whelan was in to do a specific job that Wes Hoolahan has never done in his professional carreer. With so many attack-minded midfielders in teh German team, Whelan's job was to restrict that advancement through the centre. He did a brilliant job.Yes, he's not a great footballer, not great on the ball, but being on the ball isn't his job. Dunphy doesn't understand this, he only judges what players do on the ball, which is ludicrous...Being on the ball is only 2.6 per cent of a players' job during any game. Just judging a player on what he does in possession is amateur analysis. It's laughable.

It is no surprise at all that Germany advanced through the middle, via Kroos (who Whelan had kept at bay) and scored ONLY AFTER Whelan had gone off. I've no doubt that Whelan would have filled the space offered to Kroos to shoot. No doubt whatsoever. They wouldn't have scored that specific goal if Whelan was on the pitch in the 70th minute. This wasn't mentioned once by the RTE 'panel'.

After this goal went in, O'Neill rightly changed things up to chase the point that he spent 70-minutes hanging on to (I thought they held on well, not easy to restrict Germany to a lack of clear-cut chances).  Ireland forced the ball in to their box as they retreated and created chances. Ireland almost scored form 6-yards out before they scored from 6-yards out. It wasn't a great surprise that O'Neill's men did get a late equaliser. His teams never die off late in games, and this isn't the first time Ireland scored late in this campaign to turn a result much more positive.

Dunphy and the other two twits had an agenda from the start, but that agenda totally backfired on them and they all ended up looking like f**kwits last night.

It's quite clear to anyone who watches football on a regular basis that Dunphy hasn't got a f**king clue about the modern game. Did anyone hear him last night before the game banging on about McClean and McGeady attacking Germany down each flank when it was quite obvious to anyone who understands how O'Neill sets Ireland up away from home, that McGeady would be playing in the hole? It was cringe-worthy. Dunphy just hasn't got a f**king clue. He really doesn't.

At this stage, he is aware he is clueless, but he knows he gets away with it and can fluff it. So I don't blame him. But I have to question the bleedin' idiots who try to back him up, or who think the RTE panel are good. Most football fans are commenting online (even on this forum) today saying the RTE panel needs moving on. It's the 10percent backing the panel that make me shake my head and laugh. They seriously can't buy in to what the panel are saying, surely? It's horrendous opinion.

Why don't YBIG approach RTE with a campaign for them to change the panel up? You guys are the face of Irish football fans, RTE would certainly be forced to listen to you, at least. Get a petition going, It must be tough for some of you guys to spend thousands on travelling and supporting the national team - getting a great result at the home of the world champions only for the national broadcaster to sh*t on your parade with negativity after negativity after negativity.

I'm sure if YBIG started a petition or a campaign for RTE to change its panel - and sent it out through social media - you would get thousands of fellow arm-chair viewers willing to sign it and it will give you some great exposure. That's really what I came on to say before I found myself typing thousands of words.

Edited by Siralex - 15 Oct 2014 at 3:13pm
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:16pm
Great post Alex. Spot on
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:17pm
The RTE panel have been right for the last decade (bar when Brady had his biased view of Trap). Ridiculous people calling for their heads
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Had a quick flick through this thread. I can't believe for the life of me that there are some people (albeit a tiny minority) backing the panel.

On social media there is also a small percentage of fans agreeing with what Dunphy and Co sprouted last night.  His 'analysis' before, during and after the game was f**king rotten to the core. It was attention-seeking, unqualified, extremely negative and very, very wrong.

I mean for Liam Brady to say Meyler plays in the Championship and for neither Dunphy or Giles to notify this error is sh*te you wouldn't even get down your local pub.

Listening to the three of them is akin to listening to three owl fellas sitting at a bar half pissed talking sheer rubbish about the sport.

Martin O'Neill got EXACTLY what he wanted last night. In fact, he's got every result he's planned for in this qualifying campaign so far. A brilliant start to qualifying which all Ireland fans would have taken before it started. 7-points from the opening three fixtures - yes please! (I'm not patriotic in anyway, not a huge Ireland fan, but always will them to do well).

For Dunphy to start his 'analysis' last night by suggesting Hoolahan should be on for WHelan in midfield was mindboggling. They don't even play in the same f**king position. Dunphy might as well have said Forde should be out, Hoolahan in. Whelan was in to do a specific job that Wes Hoolahan has never done in his professional carreer. With so many attack-minded midfielders in teh German team, Whelan's job was to restrict that advancement through the centre. He did a brilliant job.Yes, he's not a great footballer, not great on the ball, but being on the ball isn't his job. Dunphy doesn't understand this, he only judges what players do on the ball, which is ludicrous...Being on the ball is only 2.6 per cent of a players' job during any game. Just judging a player on what he does in possession is amateur analysis. It's laughable.

It is no surprise at all that Germany advanced through the middle, via Kroos (who Whelan had kept at bay) and scored ONLY AFTER Whelan had gone off. I've no doubt that Whelan would have filled the space offered to Kroos to shoot. No doubt whatsoever. They wouldn't have scored that specific goal if Whelan was on the pitch in the 70th minute. This wasn't mentioned once by the RTE 'panel'.

After this goal went in, O'Neill rightly changed things up to chase the point that he spent 70-minutes hanging on to (I thought they held on well, not easy to restrict Germany to a lack of clear-cut chances).  Ireland forced the ball in to their box as they retreated and created chances. Ireland almost scored form 6-yards out before they scored from 6-yards out. It wasn't a great surprise that O'Neill's men did get a late equaliser. His teams never die off late in games, and this isn't the first time Ireland scored late in this campaign to turn a result much more positive.

Dunphy and the other two twits had an agenda from the start, but that agenda totally backfired on them and they all ended up looking like f**kwits last night.

It's quite clear to anyone who watches football on a regular basis that Dunphy hasn't got a f**king clue about the modern game. Did anyone hear him last night before the game banging on about McClean and McGeady attacking Germany down each flank when it was quite obvious to anyone who understands how O'Neill sets Ireland up away from home, that McGeady would be playing in the hole? It was cringe-worthy. Dunphy just hasn't got a f**king clue. He really doesn't.

At this stage, he is aware he is clueless, but he knows he gets away with it and can fluff it. So I don't blame him. But I have to question the bleedin' idiots who try to back him up, or who think the RTE panel are good. Most football fans are commenting online (even on this forum) today saying the RTE panel needs moving on. It's the 10percent backing the panel that make me shake my head and laugh. They seriously can't buy in to what the panel are saying, surely? It's horrendous opinion.

Why don't YBIG approach RTE with a campaign for them to change the panel up? You guys are the face of Irish football fans, RTE would certainly be forced to listen to you, at least. Get a petition going, It must be tough for some of you guys to spend thousands on travelling and supporting the national team - getting a great result at the home of the world champions only for the national broadcaster to sh*t on your parade with negativity after negativity after negativity.

I'm sure if YBIG started a petition or a campaign for RTE to change its panel - and sent it out through social media - you would get thousands of fellow arm-chair viewers willing to sign it and it will give you some great exposure. That's really what I came on to say before I found myself typing thousands of words.

ClapClapClap Great post.

Sadly this is not the first time that there has been a disconnect between Irish fans and those in the Media AngryAngry
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:23pm
Thats a hell of a generalization there Kerz
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:25pm
Good post SA, a lot of which i agree with or have said on other threads today so far. 

Was just thinking earlier that it would be good if our criticisms of them on here would be noticed somehow by the clowns that run football on that channel

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Oct 2014 at 3:25pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:43pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:45pm

The RTE panel have been right for the last decade (bar when Brady had his biased view of Trap). Ridiculous people calling for their heads

The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:47pm

That's ridiculous. They spouted out the usual crap again last night and had Whelan written off when they wrote their script pre-match
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:49pm
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:52pm
The Gerk making powerful enemies.  Clap

Bring 'em on!

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:54pm
Good piece Ger,   but was that not Meyler's third game at right back?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 3:57pm

Not only are you a caricature of the typical delusional Liverpool fan you come up with this gem.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

There were elements of the performance and team selection they could be critical of, Quinn wasout of his depth, McGeady wasn't working out in the middle, Walters offering nothing going forward. Dunphy and Giles ignored these and went with their assertion, Whelan bad and Wes good.

WTF man?  He was tidy, got around the pitch well and while not as eye-catching as Georgia, did a fine job.  Not at fault for the goal despite Ronnie Whelan's assertion he was.

I dunno, some of yiz bemoan the lack of quality we have, yet yiz then want us to go toe to toe with the World Champions by out-passing them, in their own back yard!  Without Coleman and McCarthy! 

How many times did they carve us open?  In the 45th minute, when Forde saved at his near post and then at 1-0 when Forde denied Goetze.  They scored from long range and then with 20 minutes to claw a goal back, responded superbly.

Some of yiz will never be happy.  Dunphy's sh*te has spread Ebola-like to Giles, Brady, Whelan and that tool Hamilton.  It'll be Sky from now on for me.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 4:16pm
Just my view FW. Quinn was headless, permanently out of position, never wanted the ball and terrible when he got. While I agree the goal wasn't entirely his fault, Hendrick was poor and I would question Forde's positioning but he stood off the best player on the pitch. I would imagine he got the eye from Roy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>
  Share Topic