You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:04pm
Sponsored Links

EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:10pm
Good reading in this thread lads . Think its time for the old crew to go . I find it very annoying the running down of the International team , its like they are waiting to pounce - hoping for a bad game so they can give out . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:10pm
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:14pm
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:18pm
The panel just sucked the euphoria from an excellent end to a game.

Here we go again is all I thought when I saw the heads on them. Dunphy is a prize one tulip. Any respect I had for him is long since gone. Giles just as bad. As said earlier he has a one track mind on how the game should be played.

Brady isnt as bad but sitting in between the most negative men on TV is wearing him down too.

Kenny Cunningham used to annoy me but has grown on me, he actually is a far better pundit that Dunphy and giles. Much more tactically adept and spots things they don't. Sadlier is a clown tho.

Cunningham, Brady and someone fresh like Killer would be a far better panel imho.

Edited by eire77 - 15 Oct 2014 at 1:20pm
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:21pm
Dunphy - JOS spared Martin's blushes tonight, how is losing 1-0 away to the top seed an embarrassment? Seriously am I missing something...

Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:31pm

I watch it after its been aired on the RTE website since SS have it knocked off. It used to irritate the knankers off me, but now id happily take the SS pundit team. Niall Quiin, Dieter Hamann and even Jamie Carragher had absolutely nothing but praise for Ireland last night. The only real criticism was Hamann of Germany, but attributed the frustrations to Irelands solid performance. Even Carragher indicating the great positives that Ireland could take from the game and improve to possibly top the group.

When i watched the RTE post match analysis, i honestly thought i cliciked on an old episode. They were clearly talking about a different match. No way. Starting off with Brady waffling on about cohesion. Dunphy calling the player selections/positions "a joke", and Giles repeating himself 7 or 8 times about good sporting attitude.... He even kept repeating himself saying hes repeating himself! Thats not being harsh thats the reality of what was said last night. Thank you lads for the memories over te past 20 odd years, but its time for a revamp. It should have been done with Bill leaving.

Edited by Peter - 15 Oct 2014 at 1:34pm
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:43pm
Sky was excellent last night with Carragher, Hamann and Quinn.
Carragher had his tactics board out before the game which is a big improvement from the RTE lads who dont know anyone outside of the premier league
Hamann was very complimentary about us after the game and Quinn was buzzing. Even the anchor (Dave Jones??) was excited with the result.
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:45pm
Hamann even had a green tie on. What a bloke. Thumbs Up
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Yis'll be sorry when they're gone....

I dont see many people saying "Its not the same without Bill", like we were being led to believe.

Same with Alan Hansen. Over 20 years on TV and nobody notices he has gone.

Andy Gray, gone. Nobody gave a sh*t.

They wont be remotely missed. TV viewers will still watch and they will finally realise that they are not the stars of the show. The players are the stars.

Only fishing, to be honest. I fully echo MM's and CB's read on things.

Last night they were poisonous. Dinosaurs, who while occasionally entertain, offer next to no insight anymore, only agenda.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:54pm
Would love to see Off the Ball or Second Captains and maybe some mainstream newspapers take them to task for their inept performance last.
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Sky was excellent last night with Carragher, Hamann and Quinn.
Carragher had his tactics board out before the game which is a big improvement from the RTE lads who dont know anyone outside of the premier league
Hamann was very complimentary about us after the game and Quinn was buzzing. Even the anchor (Dave Jones??) was excited with the result.
Just to raise a point on the Sky coverage... Sky aim their football analysis at people who don't understand football or who just want to be told everything is great, it is analysis dumbed down...its a sales job - that's all.
The RTE lads can be annoying not knowing how many of the side play in the championship etc and Dunphy can go over the top...but their main assertion last night was correct.
We didn't play at all well for 75 / 80 mins, we didn't pick lads who could pass the ball (you would think a basic requirement at this level but there you go) and consequently we couldn't hold onto the ball. At times it was embarrassing when we kept having to go back to Forde...simply couldn't find a team mate.
We only changed when we went a goal down...Gibson...Hoolohan etc ...if we had the right attitude and have belief in ourselves we would have started the way we finished but we didn't, and that attitude comes from the top down. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:15pm
We played very well last night . The shape of the team in the transitional phases was very impressive . Where you at the game ? Just wondering because it's stuff you can't pick up watching on TV .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:20pm
Germany were there for the taking last night. Just because there are people happy with mediocrity means lads should be sackedSick
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:26pm
What possession stats did Hamilton and Whelan expect prior to kick off i would like to know?

John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Germany were there for the taking last night. Just because there are people happy with mediocrity means lads should be sackedSick

Im not happy with mediocrity,but I have long had the opinion these lads are gonbe past it. They have championed Hoolahan as a game changer last night, where as before the over hit cross for the goal I thought he was dreadful, he butchered a 3 v2, he lost the ball, didnt work back. Dunphy then goes onto to laud his performance. I actually agree we should have tried to attack a little more but we could have being picked off on the counter by Germany so playing rope a dope may have worked for us. Id imagine most of us would have picked different team to O'Neill last night I certainly would have, but that is not a stick to beat him with after a decent result.
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:32pm

The first half performace was 100%. Soaked up the pressure comfortably i thought.

But it was the second half where i did start to see the shape that served us so well begin to falter, and gaps began to appear.
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Would love to see Off the Ball or Second Captains and maybe some mainstream newspapers take them to task for their inept performance last.

These lads working for rte these days so no chance
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
  Share Topic