Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:13pm
Sadlier is unbearable to watch and always seems to come across like he loves the sound of his own voice. 

At least Doyle and Fallon are a lot easier to listen to than him. 

Wouldn't mind a Roy Keane & Brian Kerr on the same panel.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:17pm
Thought Lisa Fallon was very good tonight. I usually like Sadlier but he pissed me off the other night.

Giles, Dunphy and Brady were great in their heyday but they provided very little insight in their last few years and as Dinny points out, didn’t even know players names.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:17pm
Has RTE announced their Euro panel?? Will it be the usual suspects lately? Duff Doyle Sadlier Fallon etc
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Thought Lisa Fallon was very good tonight. I usually like Sadlier but he pissed me off the other night.

Giles, Dunphy and Brady were great in their heyday but they provided very little insight in their last few years and as Dinny points out, didn’t even know players names.

They cud have said Maradonna was playing. It didnt even matter really. Compelling viewing. Remember the day cant remember which tournament and one of the games got delayed by rain and Brady had a go at Sadlier about something they disagreed on..LOL Brady seemed to have little time for Richie esp that day 
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

They cud have said Maradonna was playing. It didnt even matter really. Compelling viewing. Remember the day cant remember which tournament and one of the games got delayed by rain and Brady had a go at Sadlier about something they disagreed on..LOL Brady seemed to have little time for Richie esp that day 
It was insulting to the audience in the end. These lads were getting paid to provide analysis and they didn’t have a clue who they were talking about. Wouldn’t even do some basic research beforehand.

As You Were
Three in a row
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:27pm
Anyway come the Autumn we will be back in the stands and won't have to listen to TV pundits
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:28pm
Kenny Cunningham is a master of verbal diarrhoea.

He's been spraying shart juice all over the place since he retired and I thought Keith Andrews was a spoofer.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Anyway come the Autumn we will be back in the stands and won't have to listen to TV pundits
Autumn Internationals this isn't the Lions kev ffs 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:30pm

Keith Andrews is getting it off me. And not in a good way.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Sadlier is unbearable to watch and always seems to come across like he loves the sound of his own voice. 

At least Doyle and Fallon are a lot easier to listen to than him. 

Wouldn't mind a Roy Keane & Brian Kerr on the same panel.
Kerr would be comedy gold, between willy nilly, easy osey, Ronaldo having a blem or a ging, or calling Shaqiri "Barreller"....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Autumn Internationals this isn't the Lions kev ffs 
Lions tour is always summer time Wink
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 5:40am

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It was insulting to the audience in the end. These lads were getting paid to provide analysis and they didn’t have a clue who they were talking about. Wouldn’t even do some basic research beforehand.

They were undoubtedly entertaining but in the end weren't providing what they were being paid to do. I'd also attribute the sneering of the casual fans towards the team at stages over the last 20/30 years to the like of Dunphy. His personal attacks on players like Whelan were disgraceful.

But sure if they're entertaining, then it's grand.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:54am
I agree with every word there.

As You Were
Three in a row
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:16am

Roger Ailes: 
It’s my orchestra pit theory of politics. You have two guys on stage and one guy says, “I have a solution to the Middle East problem,” and the other guy falls in the orchestra pit, who do you think is going to be on the evening news.

Or as Dunphy would say:
That's showbiz baby!

El Puto Amo
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:28am
Sadlier is probably the most articulate pundit out there. He thinks before he speaks and because he doesn't use clichés, or banter, certain people will dismiss what he has to say.

Lisa Fallon has coached to a really high level in both the men and women's game. She's very knowledgeable and I can't think if another female pundit who is as good as her. Again, many will dismiss what she is saying simply because of her gender.

Would love to see Keane on an RTE panel!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:02am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Sadlier is probably the most articulate pundit out there. He thinks before he speaks and because he doesn't use clichés, or banter, certain people will dismiss what he has to say.

Lisa Fallon has coached to a really high level in both the men and women's game. She's very knowledgeable and I can't think if another female pundit who is as good as her. Again, many will dismiss what she is saying simply because of her gender.

Would love to see Keane on an RTE panel!
100% agree on Sadlier. By far the best on RTÉ panel imo
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:13am

Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:18pm
Turn RTE off after the final whistle nowadays, panel is gone to the dogs, modern society PC sh*te. Surprised they haven’t managed to squeeze a LGBT person on yet or they have and I’ve missed it 
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 49>
  Share Topic