Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48782795
Hamann allegedly assulted his partner. Wonder will he be kept on at RTE will its being resolved. 
It was in Australia, so she will probably get six months. She will only serve nine with good behaviour.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 9:54pm
Stephen Kelly is one awful pundit.

Duff is so drab and non excitable also.

RTE going down to the route of a token female pundit nowadays, infairness to Lisa Fallon she's a lot better than most of the female pundits on Sky and BT.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:19pm
In fairness She was spot on we some of her analysis 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:22pm
Been joking with the lads about being a token, that she’ll be dumped for the big one on Monday, in fairness, she knows her stuff and articulates her point better than the others.
Is she a reporter, ex international?

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Nov 2019 at 10:23pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:23pm
She was managing in the LSL only a few years ago with Lakeland’s 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Been joking with the lads about being a token, that she’ll be dumped for the big one on Monday, in fairness, she knows her stuff and articulates her point better than the others.

She is a UEFA Pro Licence coach with the Chelsea womens team, she was involved with coaching or video analysis with Cork City for a while and also worked with Michael O'Neill in the Northern Ireland set up.
FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
thought that female pundit was very good myself .Even the lads seemed surprised that she actually knew her stuff :)
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:29pm
Stephen Kelly is a clown who loves talking himself up.

You were hardly Cafu MATE 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:44pm
I wonder did she make the tea during the ads
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

oooh edgy, Ermm cop on
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

She is a UEFA Pro Licence coach with the Chelsea womens team, she was involved with coaching or video analysis with Cork City for a while and also worked with Michael O'Neill in the Northern Ireland set up.

She was a regular on RTE's coverage of the Women's World Cup this summer. Probably knows more about the game than some of the ex players they've had on before.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:27am

LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:41am
along with Ritchie Sadlier would be the best pundit I’ve seen on RTÉ. Good analysis and knows her stuff tactically, Duff and the other yoke would be better off watching in the pub, nothing to say at all.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:23am
First time seeing Lisa Fallon on TV, hands down the best female pundit I've seen anywhere, so good you forget she's a woman
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:17am
Duff's a disaster
Some people just deserve a slap
Jimmykeno View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmykeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:58pm
lisa fallon miles ahead of any of the male analysts they have in fairness
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
Sky seemed to have learned their lesson and dropped their token female pundit (though to be fair, she was easy on the eye).  Whatever they may have achieved in the women's game, fair enough, but to believe that that experience translates directly to the Premier League, or any half-decent league, is nonsense.  You wouldn't have a veteran of the Bundesliga or La Liga who never played in England to do analysis on a Premier League match either.  That's why people pay for Sky, to get the views of the coaches and players who have done it at that level.  Also why you get Keith Andrews and Liam Rosenior on the Championship matches and maybe the odd lower-level Premier League match, but not the big ones.

Didn't think any of the three were all that enjoyable to listen to last night.  So she managed in the LSL and did video analysis, I don't think they should have the Crumlin United manager or the guy who does the analysis for Dundalk on either.  I don't know many people who like to be patronized...maybe its down to the tightening of the purse strings at RTE or because they are a public broadcaster.

LOL wheres Glen Quagmire when you need him

Edited by theworm2345 - 15 Nov 2019 at 2:36pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
I disagree. The reason there are so many terrible pundits is because broadcasters go for names rather than people who can talk and articulate their thoughts about the game well. Similar to being a good manager, being a good pundit isn’t about having been a good player.
For all his faults, Sadlier is a decent pundit who never got to play at the highest level, although he may well have. He had nowhere near the career of Dudf, who is an awful pundit. There is no reason a woman can’t be a pundit because she didn’t play at the level being discussed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 49>
  Share Topic