You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 49>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

we awful for 85 mins against an average German side

This shouldn't be over looked.

P*ss off.

There's no need for personal insults.

You didn't bother quoting the rest of what I posted. Regardless of who Ireland are playing, I'll still expect them to be able to pass the ball to each other. Time after time, they gave the ball away stupidly, that's got nothing to do with who they're playing.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

P*ss off.

We are ranked 62nd and they are 1st in the world for a reason.

We went there and drew with them. I defy any other team in the group to better that result in Germany. It simply won't happen.

The won the World Cup three months ago dismantling Brazil 7-1, in Brazil (where I don't believe they had previously lost a competitive game), in the process.

Awful my bollox, they had 6 of their starting 11 from the World Cup final on the pitch.

We had players from Millwall, hull reserves, la galaxy, Wigan, Stoke and Burnley reserves. We have no player who plays in the champions league, no player who plays for the big five or six clubs in the premiership. A premiership which regresses further and further from Europe elite each season.

Yet we restricted them to three or four real chances and long distance shots. We had three good chances of our own - Mccleans cross that Neuer intercepted, hoolahans shot and the goal.

It was an unbelievable result. We went out with a plan. It worked for 70 mins. Then the manager made positive changes and we took our chance when it came.

Get some perspective. It's like Walsall going to Chelsea and getting a draw - would the Wallsall supporters be as negative...

Yes that's what NewryRep is saying these were all created post the 70th minute and our first clear cut chance was Hoolahan in the 86th minute.
I think our first corner was in the 85th minute for christ sake.
Why the fook didn't we have a go from the off?
They were their for the taking after losing on Saturday - the first half was awful to watch.

Because they would have picked us off on the counter attack when our moves broke down, indeed anytime we attacked in the second half and lost the ball in the final third the Germans looked dangerous when breaking away, their goal came from this also. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Oct 2014 at 11:35am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:40am
Dunphy and Giles were bang out of order. while I agree that Whelan was negative on the ball, he was disciplined to keep the shape and keep Germany outside the 18 yard line. This helped keep the game at 0-0 until he went off.
Hoolahan didn't necessarily change the game, he was involved in build up but it was a combination of things and O'Neill's decisions were a big contributor to it. You would nearly say he played a blinder as we got exactly what we came for

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Oct 2014 at 11:41am
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:54am
We got what we came for and it was brilliant in the end.
We had a game plan and it worked, to an extent. We did limit them to long range efforts for most of it, but some of our play was just awful. Especially in the first half.
Just passing to each other seemed too hard a task, everyone seemed to panic when they got the ball to feet, especially at the back.
Was it Ward that went to boot the ball clear as hard as he could and it whacked McClean in the back of the head and fell kindly to Forde.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Dunphy and Giles were bang out of order. while I agree that Whelan was negative on the ball, he was disciplined to keep the shape and keep Germany outside the 18 yard line. This helped keep the game at 0-0 until he went off.
Hoolahan didn't necessarily change the game, he was involved in build up but it was a combination of things and O'Neill's decisions were a big contributor to it. You would nearly say he played a blinder as we got exactly what we came for

Nearly alright. His ploy with McGeady was a mistake, he doesn't seem suited to that role at all.

His substitutions however worked really well and considering we hadn't Shamie or McCarthy, this was a great bit of work from O'Neill.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:18pm
Dunphy is finished and should be put out to stud.
Giles is finished with 10 years he does no research on teams only focuses on flair midfield palyers if had his way we would have Andy Reid and Wes in centre mid.
Brady is just an insufferable miserable man.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:24pm
We were cat until the last ten mins.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:27pm
I wouldn't change them for the world....
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:28pm
Yis'll be sorry when they're gone....
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Yis'll be sorry when they're gone....

I dont see many people saying "Its not the same without Bill", like we were being led to believe.

Same with Alan Hansen. Over 20 years on TV and nobody notices he has gone.

Andy Gray, gone. Nobody gave a sh*t.

They wont be remotely missed. TV viewers will still watch and they will finally realise that they are not the stars of the show. The players are the stars.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 15 Oct 2014 at 12:47pm
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

P*ss off.

We are ranked 62nd and they are 1st in the world for a reason.

We went there and drew with them. I defy any other team in the group to better that result in Germany. It simply won't happen.

The won the World Cup three months ago dismantling Brazil 7-1, in Brazil (where I don't believe they had previously lost a competitive game), in the process.

Awful my bollox, they had 6 of their starting 11 from the World Cup final on the pitch.

We had players from Millwall, hull reserves, la galaxy, Wigan, Stoke and Burnley reserves. We have no player who plays in the champions league, no player who plays for the big five or six clubs in the premiership. A premiership which regresses further and further from Europe elite each season.

Yet we restricted them to three or four real chances and long distance shots. We had three good chances of our own - Mccleans cross that Neuer intercepted, hoolahans shot and the goal.

It was an unbelievable result. We went out with a plan. It worked for 70 mins. Then the manager made positive changes and we took our chance when it came.

Get some perspective. It's like Walsall going to Chelsea and getting a draw - would the Wallsall supporters be as negative...

Yes that's what NewryRep is saying these were all created post the 70th minute and our first clear cut chance was Hoolahan in the 86th minute.
I think our first corner was in the 85th minute for christ sake.
Why the fook didn't we have a go from the off?
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">They were their for the taking after losing on Saturday - the first half was awful to watch.</span>

Sorry now genius but the McClean cross that Neuer intercepted was going straight to Robbie Keane. Robbie was replaced in the 62nd minute. The chance was in the 48th!!!

Dunphy tried the above lie in his punditry last night too.

But why let the facts get in the way of a good old fashioned begrudgery session....

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:56pm

Thought we we very lucky last night we we awful for 85 mins against an average German side

Neuer could on been on his I phone he had so little to do

Still better to have a lucky manager but I am not convinced st all about o neill

Very out of character for you to moan about something.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:59pm
The RTE panel are jaded and tiresome and are sadly past their day and I hope as a tv licence payer this is their last campaign on the panel.New blood badly needed.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:01pm
As I mentioned elsewhere, I normally enjoy them and get take their errors and stubborn opinions as part of the act but it is getting tedious now. The ignorance, from Dunphy in particular, is mind boggling. He has heroes and villains picked before a ball is kicked! Whelan bad, Wes good! No criticism of Quinn who was the worst player on the pitch, it would have interfered with his vendetta against Whelan. His lack of any tactical awareness was also astonishing, even by his standards! It seems we should have gone for the world champions all out and why did we only attack when behind being his arguments. Maybe because until going behind the game plan was, with a few glitches, working pretty well. It really is incredulous! Giles then seems to think every midfield player has to be a reincarnation of himself, which might explain the brevity of his own managerial career.
As miserable as Brady is at least there is some sort of logic to him. He is exempt from this rant! On the basis that the two next to him were were so infuriating.
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:01pm
It was an enforced substitution - Whelan was crocked - Would MON have made the change otherwise?

You would have to be pretty petty to have too much to gripe about after that fabulous result and reading the posts above I think its a mixture of all the points made.

*We were poor in the first 75 mins - The simple passing and ball retention was amateur at best. Really hard to watch such basic errors made one after another - ultimately making our task of 'keeping it tight' so much harder.
*We did defend like trojans though, the lads put their bodies on the line and put in a serious amount of work which was needed to match a team of Germany's calibre. Forde hasn't been mentioned much here but one cock up aside, he was excellent and kept us in the game. It looked like it was quickly going to become 2,3, 4.....Thankfully he was up to the task and keeping it a 1-0 meant we always had a slim chance.
* Thankfully the Germans didn't have their shooting (or heading) boots on either - Should have definitely scored two headed goals in the first half.
*The enforced sub brought about a renewed energy - the lads were hunting in packs to get the ball back, Germany started making a few mistakes and gaps started appearing.
* MayoMark called it spot on. Wes did okay and was part of the goal and the positive last 15 mins that we had but I hope he doesn't take any notice of the crock of $hit rte analysis. Hendrick's role in that goal was the key bit - he made a poor'ish cross in to a goal opportunity which JOSH stuck away with aplomb.

Fabulous point though - Sets next months game up nicely.....

Just managed to secure 8 tix of the SFA website as a backup in case the FAI ones don't come through.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:02pm
They were poisonous last night. How Dunphy gets away with talking complete rubbish is beyond me. Absolutely shocking, the worrying part is the first replacement is Sadlier and he's worse.
Whelan and Hamiliton would really get on your tits too
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:02pm
I thought Giles had croaked years ago and someone just controls him from behind
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:03pm
absolutely zero issue with the shape of the team last night. he were well set up and defended well

we were just awful with the ball for 70 minutes. whelan and quinn worked hard but they gave the ball away a lot. gibson and hendricks looked more mobile and composed in my opinion. meyler defended well but gave the ball away a lot

the panel get on my nerves with their guff when ireland are playing. still love them for non ireland games. they talk utter guff but are entertaining

brady is a actually a decent pundit when not talking about arsernal, trap or ireland. dunphy is a clown but has his moments. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 49>
  Share Topic