You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:35am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Giles on Newstalk again this morning. They squeeze and break and distort absolutely everything to suit their long-held agenda. They praised Wes for changing the game. Lets be clear here. Wes got the ball 5 times. Once in a brilliant position where we had 3 v 2. He gave it away 3 times. Missed a great chance. And the cross in which he apparently "set up the goal" (Dunphy) after "producing a bit of magic" (Whelan) was overhit by a good 10 yards. The goal was all about:

- McGeady brilliantly making the space for Wes to get the cross in in the first place
- Hendrick's unbelievable technique
- O'Shea's top, top finish.

Now I'm a fan of Wes but I'm calling this as it is. These lads stooped to a new low last night. It was pathetic.

THIS !
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:36am
George Hamilton shouldn't escape the wrath either despite his hysterics on twitter yesterday. He was a miserable **** as well for the game
eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:39am
Not only are they overtly negative bordering on the ridiculous, but they are also absolutely clueless when it comes to the team.

Liam Brady 'We must not forget we have a team with a large amount of Championship players, take our full back David Meyler for example' 

Idiots the lot of them. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:40am
Originally posted by eire28 eire28 wrote:

Not only are they overtly negative bordering on the ridiculous, but they are also absolutely clueless when it comes to the team.

Liam Brady 'We must not forget we have a team with a large amount of Championship players, take our full back David Meyler for example' 

Idiots the lot of them. 

Heard that as well. 
Brady's been as bad as the other two the last couple of games
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:40am

Giles on Newstalk again this morning. They squeeze and break and distort absolutely everything to suit their long-held agenda. They praised Wes for changing the game. Lets be clear here. Wes got the ball 5 times. Once in a brilliant position where we had 3 v 2. He gave it away 3 times. Missed a great chance. And the cross in which he apparently "set up the goal" (Dunphy) after "producing a bit of magic" (Whelan) was overhit by a good 10 yards. The goal was all about:

- McGeady brilliantly making the space for Wes to get the cross in in the first place

Now I'm a fan of Wes but I'm calling this as it is. These lads stooped to a new low last night. It was pathetic.

Well said Mark I fully agree with all of this, the panel are a f**king disgrace.

Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

we awful for 85 mins against an average German side

This shouldn't be over looked. While I'm not expecting Ireland to out play the Germans, I do expect them to be able to pass the ball to each other. For most of the match you'd think Trapattoni was still in charge.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Aside from Liam Brady, the rest are a comedy act only to entertain.

Anyone who takes their opinions seriously should switch over to SKY.

True, but most Irish fans watch the games on RTE and many believe this tripe. Same goes for some on here.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Agree with most of what the panel said McGeady was lost in the first half in this so called free role he's a winger.
Whelan offers nothing and it is unfair to continue to deply Walters as a right winger he's a striker - Gibson is a much better alternative a defensive midfielder who can spray the ball about let's hope he can break into the Everton team.
Until Hendrick, Wes and Gibson came on I don't think we had created one chance our first corner was in the 85th minute.
We were dreadful away to Georgia and used our get out of jail card.
We seem to have two teams one for away trips and one for home games - MON is now at a crossroads I think we should be a bit more adventurous v Scotland we have the players and last night should give us massive confidence.
Also Coleman and McCarthy will return. 

MON has had an excellent start to his first qualification group
Crossroads me bollocks

The crossroads I'm talking about is which way we are going to play going forward specifically away from home - with creative or flair players? Or the way we played for 70 minutes last night where we sit back and invite teams to come at us and we employ players who continuously give the ball away in midfield; Whelan and Quinn are grafters but their distribution is awful.
I'm not saying we have had a bad start it's a great start to the campaign...I just hope Martin shows faith in those players that were sprung from the bench.

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

George Hamilton shouldn't escape the wrath either despite his hysterics on twitter yesterday. He was a miserable **** as well for the game

Both himself and Whelan continuously berated the players in the first half despite them restricting Germany to half chances, or long range efforts.
It wasn't till the second half that they realised that the defence was solid and was not likely to yeild much that they stopped running them down.

Will watch aways on sky in future

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:54am
I was watching on Sky and they were saying basically that if Ireland stick to the game plan we might nick something and then about 10 mins before kick off I turned on RTE and hear every one of them declare that we have 'no chance'

After the match was just embarassing. They they went you'd swear Ireland were ranked 2 in the world and Germany ranked first. I mean this constant rattle about Wes Hoolahan.....he came on and was utter crap. Gave the ball away far too many times, yet the 3 lads still rattled on about him like Pele.

If we set up the way the RTE panel were preachingwe'd have been 5 down at half time.

I would like to boogy woogy on their heads, the analysis they provided last night was simply a joke.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:56am

Agree with most of what the panel said McGeady was lost in the first half in this so called free role he's a winger.
Whelan offers nothing and it is unfair to continue to deply Walters as a right winger he's a striker - Gibson is a much better alternative a defensive midfielder who can spray the ball about let's hope he can break into the Everton team.
Until Hendrick, Wes and Gibson came on I don't think we had created one chance our first corner was in the 85th minute.
We seem to have two teams one for away trips and one for home games - MON is now at a crossroads I think we should be a bit more adventurous v Scotland we have the players and last night should give us massive confidence.

Crossroads me bollocks

The crossroads I'm talking about is which way we are going to play going forward specifically away from home - with creative or flair players? Or the way we played for 70 minutes last night where we sit back and invite teams to come at us and we employ players who continuously give the ball away in midfield; Whelan and Quinn are grafters but their distribution is awful.
I'm not saying we have had a bad start it's a great start to the campaign...I just hope Martin shows faith in those players that were sprung from the bench.

Horses for courses. Last night was our toughest game of the group, we had to go with grafters, a rigid gameplan and ten men behind the ball. It was never going to be pretty. We got a point, excellent outcome and probably more than any other team will get in Germany in this group once they get their big names back. 

All these managers for club and country can't have been wrong about Hoolahan. He's a tidy player yes, but I agree with only playing him in certain games or introducing him at certain times. It was right not to start him last night.
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:59am
Very rarely watch an Ireland game on the telly at home but Jaysus every single one of them are unbelievably negative, that includes Hamilton and Whelan. 
We may have got a bit of luck but we got a result that wasn't expected from us.
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:09am

Crossroads me bollocks

Horses for courses. Last night was our toughest game of the group, we had to go with grafters, a rigid gameplan and ten men behind the ball. It was never going to be pretty. We got a point, excellent outcome and probably more than any other team will get in Germany in this group once they get their big names back. 

All these managers for club and country can't have been wrong about Hoolahan. He's a tidy player yes, but I agree with only playing him in certain games or introducing him at certain times. It was right not to start him last night.
Yes but we played the same system against Georgia and were blessed.
I'm not just talking just about Wes both Gibson and Hendrick offer more than Whelan and Quinn.
It will be very interesting to see what way he lines up v Scotland that's all I'm saying hopefully he shows a bit of faith and we let the shackles off similiar to the last 20 mins last night.

eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

This shouldn't be over looked.

P*ss off.

We are ranked 62nd and they are 1st in the world for a reason.

We went there and drew with them. I defy any other team in the group to better that result in Germany. It simply won't happen.

The won the World Cup three months ago dismantling Brazil 7-1, in Brazil (where I don't believe they had previously lost a competitive game), in the process.

Awful my bollox, they had 6 of their starting 11 from the World Cup final on the pitch.

We had players from Millwall, hull reserves, la galaxy, Wigan, Stoke and Burnley reserves. We have no player who plays in the champions league, no player who plays for the big five or six clubs in the premiership. A premiership which regresses further and further from Europe elite each season.

Yet we restricted them to three or four real chances and long distance shots. We had three good chances of our own - Mccleans cross that Neuer intercepted, hoolahans shot and the goal.

It was an unbelievable result. We went out with a plan. It worked for 70 mins. Then the manager made positive changes and we took our chance when it came.

Get some perspective. It's like Walsall going to Chelsea and getting a draw - would the Wallsall supporters be as negative...

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:16am
Do people still value the opinions of these fellas ? Really like ? Hoolihan was woeful when he came on . Absolutely woeful. One of my u19's would have done better. We played very well last night and were set up very well .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Do people still value the opinions of these fellas ? Really like ? Hoolihan was woeful when he came on . Absolutely woeful. One of my u19's would have done better. We played very well last night and were set up very well .

I genuinely think they have a script before the game regardless of the result. People watch dunphy for the sensational reactions he gives and I'd prefer if my tv licence wasn't paying him
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

P*ss off.

We went there and drew with them. I defy any other team in the group to better that result in Germany. It simply won't happen.

The won the World Cup three months ago dismantling Brazil 7-1, in Brazil (where I don't believe they had previously lost a competitive game), in the process.

Awful my bollox, they had 6 of their starting 11 from the World Cup final on the pitch.

We had players from Millwall, hull reserves, la galaxy, Wigan, Stoke and Burnley reserves. We have no player who plays in the champions league, no player who plays for the big five or six clubs in the premiership. A premiership which regresses further and further from Europe elite each season.

Yet we restricted them to three or four real chances and long distance shots. We had three good chances of our own - Mccleans cross that Neuer intercepted, hoolahans shot and the goal.

It was an unbelievable result. We went out with a plan. It worked for 70 mins. Then the manager made positive changes and we took our chance when it came.

Get some perspective. It's like Walsall going to Chelsea and getting a draw - would the Wallsall supporters be as negative...

Clap
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

P*ss off.

Yes that's what NewryRep is saying these were all created post the 70th minute and our first clear cut chance was Hoolahan in the 86th minute.
I think our first corner was in the 85th minute for christ sake.
Why the fook didn't we have a go from the off?
They were their for the taking after losing on Saturday - the first half was awful to watch.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
  Share Topic