Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RTE Panel
    Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:27am
Couldn't hear them last night as the sound in the pub was turned off but by all accounts negative as per usual last night rather than focusing on the fact we drew away to the World Champions. Time to put these clowns in a retirement home

Edited by Denis Irwin - 15 Oct 2014 at 9:28am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:28am
Dunphy in particular is just an isufferable bore nowadays. Angry
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:32am
I started a thread just now on them

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:32am
Giles on Newstalk again this morning. They squeeze and break and distort absolutely everything to suit their long-held agenda. They praised Wes for changing the game. Lets be clear here. Wes got the ball 5 times. Once in a brilliant position where we had 3 v 2. He gave it away 3 times. Missed a great chance. And the cross in which he apparently "set up the goal" (Dunphy) after "producing a bit of magic" (Whelan) was overhit by a good 10 yards. The goal was all about:

- McGeady brilliantly making the space for Wes to get the cross in in the first place
- Hendrick's unbelievable technique
- O'Shea's top, top finish.

Now I'm a fan of Wes but I'm calling this as it is. These lads stooped to a new low last night. It was pathetic.

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Dunphy in particular is just an isufferable bore nowadays. Angry

Sure his headline on the front of the Star this morning 'O'Shea get's his boss out of jail' you'd fücking swear we'd only beaten Gibraltar with a last minute goal with a comment like that
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:44am
What would you expect from them at this stage only negativity? Ronnie Whelan and Hamilton were as bad with the commentary. Did they expect Ireland to play the World champions off the pitch?
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:46am
Panel should have been totally re jigged when Bill retired after the world cup.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:48am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Giles on Newstalk again this morning. They squeeze and break and distort absolutely everything to suit their long-held agenda. They praised Wes for changing the game. Lets be clear here. Wes got the ball 5 times. Once in a brilliant position where we had 3 v 2. He gave it away 3 times. Missed a great chance. And the cross in which he apparently "set up the goal" (Dunphy) after "producing a bit of magic" (Whelan) was overhit by a good 10 yards. The goal was all about:

- McGeady brilliantly making the space for Wes to get the cross in in the first place

Now I'm a fan of Wes but I'm calling this as it is. These lads stooped to a new low last night. It was pathetic.

Agree with most of what the panel said McGeady was lost in the first half in this so called free role he's a winger.
Whelan offers nothing and it is unfair to continue to deply Walters as a right winger he's a striker - Gibson is a much better alternative a defensive midfielder who can spray the ball about let's hope he can break into the Everton team.
Until Hendrick, Wes and Gibson came on I don't think we had created one chance our first corner was in the 85th minute.
We were dreadful away to Georgia and used our get out of jail card.
We seem to have two teams one for away trips and one for home games - MON is now at a crossroads I think we should be a bit more adventurous v Scotland we have the players and last night should give us massive confidence.
Also Coleman and McCarthy will return. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Agree with most of what the panel said McGeady was lost in the first half in this so called free role he's a winger.
Whelan offers nothing and it is unfair to continue to deply Walters as a right winger he's a striker - Gibson is a much better alternative a defensive midfielder who can spray the ball about let's hope he can break into the Everton team.
Until Hendrick, Wes and Gibson came on I don't think we had created one chance our first corner was in the 85th minute.
We seem to have two teams one for away trips and one for home games - MON is now at a crossroads I think we should be a bit more adventurous v Scotland we have the players and last night should give us massive confidence.

MON has had an excellent start to his first qualification group
Crossroads me bollocks

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Crossroads me bollocks

Talking through his bollox,"crossroads"FFS,Our first chance wasn't the 85th minute neither,Or does that suit your agenda to say so.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:06am

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Until Hendrick, Wes and Gibson came on I don't think we had created one chance our first corner was in the 85th minute.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">We were dreadful away to Georgia and used our get out of jail card.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">We seem to have two teams one for away trips and one for home games - MON is now at a crossroads I think we should be a bit more adventurous v Scotland we have the players and last night should give us massive confidence.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Also Coleman and McCarthy will return. </span>

Crossroads me bollocks

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:09am

Crossroads me bollocks

Abit fortunate in fairness with late goals in the same way McCarthy was unlucky in Zagreb and Skopje.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:18am

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:19am
Thought we we very lucky last night we we awful for 85 mins against an average German side

Neuer could on been on his I phone he had so little to do

Still better to have a lucky manager but I am not convinced st all about o neill
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:26am
Sign of a good team spirit, character and attitude playing right to the final whistle

Don't think there's anything lucky about scoring late in a game
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:30am
Despicable last night. They had there post match coverage set in stone and then the goal ruined it for them. They didn't want to back down in front of each other so went with it
it. Whelan was shameful too.

They sucked the life out of a great result. I turned off to watch the budget coverage to cheer me up. I will be sending a complaint later on.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:31am
Aside from Liam Brady, the rest are a comedy act only to entertain.

Anyone who takes their opinions seriously should switch over to SKY.

Also Peter Collins is dire, he should stick to the Formula 1.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:34am

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Oct 2014 at 10:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
  Share Topic