You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 11:44pm
No
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 11:54pm
TNC fuk off out of the irish section posting horse sh*t, you're an awful troll.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:45am
Great to have him, haven't seen anything of him really but his reviews are good.
It's also good how this came to pass. No bullsh*t will he won't he. He came out with his intention and then it went through without hiccup.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:11am

This is the closest we'll ever get to Hank Scorpio being capped for Ireland. Great name.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Eire93 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:41am
Serious had name to say and id say even more difficult with a few gargles on yeh,

From now on he shall be known as "Git"
Charlo View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Eire93 Eire93 wrote:

Serious had name to say and id say even more difficult with a few gargles on yeh,

From now on he shall be known as "Git"

Corpus!!!!!
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm
Turned down a potential england u21 call up to play for us
The England U21s were in touch as well but for me the Republic of Ireland was the better option. They’ve not got many right-backs here so that was the main thing but the manager getting in touch with me – that’s always a pleasing aspect. There are more opportunities and they’ve got a good team here and the manager getting in touch with me – that was more of a selling point as well.”"

“I’ve seen Seamus Coleman numerous times. He’s a terrific player – it’s tough competition but I think I can learn a lot from him. He was in the Team of the Year last year and I think he’s been one of the best full-backs in the Premier League for the last few years. It’ll be good to be alongside him and learn from him. It’s pleasing to see that there’s not too many people ahead of me – that you’re going to be given an opportunity. I think that’s what’s good about playing for Ireland.

Edited by Doyler1993 - 11 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:12pm
Good man Cyrus, just don't break our hearts, our achy breaky hearts. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Good man Cyrus, just don't break our hearts, our achy breaky hearts. 
Big smileBig smileBig smile
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:27am
Playing for Ireland is a good opportunity for me. This fella needs to learn a few rebel songs pronto. Saying Ireland was the better option and not many full backs shows his choice is career motivated. I don't like his attitude.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 12 Nov 2014 at 12:30am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shango View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:49am
Agreed - though, he's young. Hel'll be banging out the Wolfe Tones next year
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 2:31am
Don't like his reasons but at least he's honest about it
I know nothing :-)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Playing for Ireland is a good opportunity for me. This fella needs to learn a few rebel songs pronto. Saying Ireland was the better option and not many full backs shows his choice is career motivated. I don't like his attitude.

I hear what you're saying but the lad obviously has a mixed heritage, the fact that he's turned down an England 21's call up shows he's no real affinity there either, it's not a Mark Noble situation here. He's hardly the first player to come in with that attitude and won't be the last, R least he's up front about it rather than throwing out meaningless platitudes.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I hear what you're saying but the lad obviously has a mixed heritage, the fact that he's turned down an England 21's call up shows he's no real affinity there either, it's not a Mark Noble situation here. He's hardly the first player to come in with that attitude and won't be the last, R least he's up front about it rather than throwing out meaningless platitudes.

So he is marginally less apathetic towards Ireland....never thought of it that way! Good point though - he doesn't mention anything about wanting to hold out for England like Noble or the likes does.

Still seems a bit strange that he's talking about the two countries likes clubs, but as you say at least he is honest about it.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:17am
His grandmother was/is Irish,whom he used to visit in Clontarf and Kildare as a boy,No doubting his Irish connection,Welcome aboard Thumbs Up
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:17am
Don't really care for his reasons. He is here now and fair play to him.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:11pm
He's been known to drink a bottle of buckie and 6 cans of harp on a Saturday night, that'll do for me!
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 3:30pm
Good to hear
“Yeah, I’ve played at left back,” he says, agreeably. “I played left back when I was first in the Championship, played there quite a few times so I’m capable of playing there, it’s just the same as right back really, there’s not much difference. I don’t mind playing off my left foot.

IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 52>
  Share Topic