Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 7:12pm
Did MON not say the paperwork is in progress but if it's sorted in time he'll join up for the US game. Same for David McGoldrick as well IIRC
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 8:52pm
Hope so. No new faces currently
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:04pm
Why is their paper work taking so long.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 11:13pm
Is this another case of an English fella playing for Ireland just to get a better career or does he actually want to be Irish?

Edited by corkery - 05 Nov 2014 at 11:14pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 4:35pm
so long as he wants to be here... and gives 110% who cares? we both would benefit from it untill we get a stephen quinn looking fella in there to take over from him... might as well use a few "fake paddy's" for squad depth in the short run. (assuming he WANTS to be here)
this guy could probably hold out for england if he wanted...but has said he would play for us if we call him. While it may not be the best case scenario....that is certainly more optimistic than any other current possible dual players...

Bring onthe  Cyrus The Virus era! CON-IRE
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

so long as he wants to be here... and gives 110% who cares? we both would benefit from it untill we get a stephen quinn looking fella in there to take over from him... might as well use a few "fake paddy's" for squad depth in the short run. (assuming he WANTS to be here)
this guy could probably hold out for england if he wanted...but has said he would play for us if we call him. While it may not be the best case scenario....that is certainly more optimistic than any other current possible dual players...

I know it's handy for us but I don't think we should be turning into the England B team either.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Is this another case of an English fella playing for Ireland just to get a better career or does he actually want to be Irish?

I'd imagine most footballers would logically want to improve their career. 

He probably considers himself English but wants to play for Ireland and he's not exactly the first we've had. He has Irish ancestry/ethnicity and will probably like every other British born international that's ever played for us, work his bollocks off and give 100%. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

I know it's handy for us but I don't think we should be turning into the England B team either.

If we have players that want to play for us and they qualify and are dedicated then it shouldn't matter where they were born. They shouldn't be discriminated against on the basis that we might be perceived as England's sloppy seconds. 

Look at the amount of players we'd have missed out on if we took a De Valera style isolationist stance on it. 

All these former world powers (England, France, Portugal etc etc) have all benefited from colonialism when you see the players that have played for them. At least with us there's an historical Irish connection with players born on foreign soil. We didn't need to subjugate other peoples and take their natural resources in order to benefit years later in an international football context. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 8:09pm
Comments about Cyrus from Derby 5 Wolves 0. From Derby forum.

Christie - 8 - Now, you've got to remember that Wolves had one dangerous player on that pitch - Sako - and Christie bettered him every time. In fact, as the game went on Sako came deep for the ball and decided to go through the middle because he knew Christie had the beating of him. 

IMO this game was maybe the most mature (or is it maturest?) game form Christie. Tactically spot on, made Sako's life pretty hard. It was great to see their biggest attacking threat tussling near their own corner flag. Just great. Later Sako was frustrated and roamed around and doing things without purpose.

Christie 7 - solid links well with JR.

Christie 7 - energetic overlapping

and for some balance :  Smile
I thought Christie was poor. Dawkins was only ok. 5-0 flattered us. 

Edited by schillaci - 08 Nov 2014 at 8:10pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 1:36pm
Thought he was unimpressive too, most of Wolves limited success came down his side and he didn't get forward to any effect either, which probably disappointed me more because I was under the impression he was a marauding-type full-back.
We're decent enough..
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 2:48pm
In the squad for Scotland and USA games
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 3:17pm
Can he play any other positions other than right back?
eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 3:21pm
Welcome aboard!! Smile
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Can he play any other positions other than right back?

A few people speculating he could become a CB because he's listed as 6'2, I actually doubt that though, watching him at the weekend he was only about an inch taller than the 5'11 Sako (he's listed as 6'0 in older sources, footballers often seem to "grow" and inch or two miraculously as they get a higher profile), and he looked to be more of an attacking full-back than a defensive one, so CB probably wouldn't suit his qualities.
We're decent enough..
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 3:51pm
Didn't do an awful lot on Saturday when I watched him, but was taking up a very advanced position on the right flank. Wish he was a left back. Be interesting see how he gets on, hopefully gets minutes in the USA match.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 6:46pm
Very hard to impress at full back when your team is hammering the opposition from all angles from midfield up.

Derby were a joy to watch in an attacking sense, plus he was part of a side that kept a clean sheet which is his bread and butter so I wouldn't look too much into it.

Glad to see he's declared mind, the more the merrier.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:25pm
Quite a coup to recruit this lad. We've got two of the best attacking right-backs around now.

It gives us the option of playing Seamus further forward too.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 11:40pm
So apart from having a ridiculous first name, is this lad any good?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 52>
  Share Topic