You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

With the current set of English right-backs, I'm surprised he's giving up on a Three Lions career so quickly

Exactly, Glen Johnson is garbage he could easily replace him..We don't need another right back so where could we play him? Centre back or right wing because hes no good on the bench

Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

With the current set of English right-backs, I'm surprised he's giving up on a Three Lions career so quickly

Exactly, Glen Johnson is garbage he could easily replace him..We don't need another right back so where could we play him? Centre back or right wing because hes no good on the bench

I know little about this lad's personal feelings, maybe he wants to play for us though?
Romario View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 11:33pm
Woy will surely give him a call if he is as good as the derby fans say?
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 11:41pm
Suprised with him all right declaring for ireland with no real stand out right back for england, while ireland has one of the best ones in the premiership. Anyways o neill seems pretty confident of him being available for next year. Just wondering is their any quotes from christie about playing for ireland and why he decided to make this decision since he wasnt in any underage squads. 
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Suprised with him all right declaring for ireland with no real stand out right back for england, while ireland has one of the best ones in the premiership. Anyways o neill seems pretty confident of him being available for next year. Just wondering is their any quotes from christie about playing for ireland and why he decided to make this decision since he wasnt in any underage squads. 

By England's standards they have a lack of RB options, however in saying that there are still probably about 10 guys ahead of him, and all of them are relatively young with the exception of Glen Johnson. Has anyone considered the possibility that Ireland was perhaps his first choice as well?
We're decent enough..
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

By England's standards they have a lack of RB options, however in saying that there are still probably about 10 guys ahead of him, and all of them are relatively young with the exception of Glen Johnson. Has anyone considered the possibility that Ireland was perhaps his first choice as well?

Clyne, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Stones, Dier, Chambers all ahead of him, probably a few more I can't think of

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 1:03pm

Kyle Walker is quality and will be England's number 1 right back for the next 10 years or so i'd imagine.

Its also funny how people call Johnson "sh*te" and "crap" , if Christie can have half the career he's had then we will have a very decent player on our hands. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath5 PaulMcGrath5 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Clyne, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Stones, Dier, Chambers all ahead of him, probably a few more I can't think of

Naughton, Trippier, M.Kelly, M.Richards, Jenkinson, Lowton. There may even be a few more. Some of them aren't great, but it's still a lot of people to get past in the queue.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Kyle Walker is quality and will be England's number 1 right back for the next 10 years or so i'd imagine.

Its also funny how people call Johnson "sh*te" and "crap" , if Christie can have half the career he's had then we will have a very decent player on our hands. 

He has been extremely average for a few years now and I know he has struggled with injuries but he is a poor defender, decent going forward!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He has been extremely average for a few years now and I know he has struggled with injuries but he is a poor defender, decent going forward!

I disagree with you there buddy, in regard to him being a poor defender. 

The English media, have a habit of picking on "their own" imo. Coleman for example could get away with making a poor defensive error in an EPL game and it wouldn't be blow out of proportion half as much as it would be if the likes of Walker done it. 

Real Madrid were in for him only a year or so ago, he obviously has something. 

Plus the modern day defender is more attack minded for the most part? He is lethal going forward. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

In four years time when Coleman will be thirty this guy will be coming into his prime at 26 (the same age Coleman is now).  This could actually be a very smart move that will benefit all concerned (player himself, management and team mainly) in the long run.

Edited by Trapcandoit - 05 Nov 2014 at 4:15pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 4:26pm
Has any journalist interviewed him with his decision to play for ireland, or are they all to busy outside the houses of grealish, noble and ireland?
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 4:30pm
This is all that he has said about a potential Ireland call up:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Cyrus-Christie-focused-Rams/story-23277248-detail/story.html
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 5:04pm
Has he actually declared?
eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

He's basically said he is open to a call up! or is this the same as declaring!
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by eire28 eire28 wrote:

Surely he would've been called up for the USA if that was the case
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 6:16pm

Don't think he qualifies for them. Ourselves and England are the only 2 national sides I know he is eligible for
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Don't think he qualifies for them. Ourselves and England are the only 2 national sides I know he is eligible for

Good wan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
  Share Topic