You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 7:34pm
Reported on Twitter that his sister was hit by a Fulham fan at the game today, and was then racially abused. Utterly outrageous.

I thought those days were in the past, but I think we’re heading into darker times. Big scumbags in power bringing little scumbags out of their holes.

Edited by DeclanDaly - 03 Aug 2019 at 7:45pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 4:33am
Surprised it's happening at Fulham of all places - a family friendly club based in cosmopolitan West London. 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Surprised it's happening at Fulham of all places - a family friendly club based in cosmopolitan West London. 

Your views of london/england are a little outdated. There is a very bitter undercurrent of racism enhanced by brexit on that island.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 12:34pm
You imagine your family would be safe amongst your own fans

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Your views of london/england are a little outdated. There is a very bitter undercurrent of racism enhanced by brexit on that island.

I actually live on the island in question so know all about it. 

However you're misinterpreting what's happening in middle England with London - which has largely risen above the growing problems elsewhere in the country.

Edited by You Tell Me - 04 Aug 2019 at 7:28pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:33pm

The irony of calling someone elses views outdated when you come out with that tripe.

Craven Cottage is 1 of the friendliest grounds in the country, so much to the point their main stand acts as a Neutral fans stand 

I don't know the backstory to what happened but it's bad craic nevertheless but absolute tripe like this doesn't help at all
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:43pm

I actually live on the island in question so know all about it. 

However you're misinterpreting what's happening in middle England with London - which has largely risen above the growing problems elsewhere in the country.

That's not my experience of London, nor England, and neither can accurately described as an 'island'. Both are light years ahead of Ireland on these issues.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 04 Aug 2019 at 8:00pm
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:35pm
starts for Fulham today. Hopefully can get a run going in the team (at right back) 
Was the best right back in championship year fulham went up. Hopefully gets back up to that standard
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by MacMathuna MacMathuna wrote:

starts for Fulham today. Hopefully can get a run going in the team (at right back) 
Was the best right back in championship year fulham went up. Hopefully gets back up to that standard

No he wasn’t. Cyrus was behind Fredericks. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 5:28pm
well he was one of the best and big spending Fulham started him as first choice in premier league then Wink
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 3:52pm

fredericks started ahead of him almost every week
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 3:55pm

Despite being some distance from best right back at his own club? Ermm  Its fun being able to rewrite your own footballing reality sometimes on these forums 
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Despite being some distance from best right back at his own club? Ermm  Its fun being able to rewrite your own footballing reality sometimes on these forums 

5 appearances for Fulham season they were promoted after signing in January, 25 for Middlesbrough for half of that season.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 5:41pm

Some distance? How do you measure that exactly?? Fredericks was let go on a free (to PL I know) and Cyrus was bought and number one for PL season so he must've been doing something right.
Anyway the my point  was I hope he gets back to he's best and gets some confidence back as he can thrive in championship.

Jesus this forum.... You can disagree without being a knob head about it lad. 
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 5:54pm

Some distance? How do you measure that exactly?? Fredericks was let go on a free (to PL I know) and Cyrus was bought and number one for PL season so he must've been doing something right.
Anyway the my point  was I hope he gets back to he's best and gets some confidence back as he can thrive in championship.

Jesus this forum.... You can disagree without being a knob head about it lad. 

Fredericks refused a new contract and choose to leave, Fulham wanted to keep him. That's not being let go on a free. That's choosing to leave on a free.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:02pm
When your disagreement defeats all logic and reality of course you are going to get called up on it. Fredericks was not 'let go' he chose to walk out for more money so Christie was left as their right back by default which is one reason they ended up going straight back down. 
With Doherty being probably our top performer now, Coleman on the scene still and the likes of O'Connor coming through I can't see much of an international  future for Cyrus anyway which is not going to be a major regret to most who watched him in action whilst he was a MON favourite.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:01pm
Linked with Roma...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Linked with Roma...

The takeaway?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>
  Share Topic