You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 8:23am
Some news...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/s...se-291540.html

...How his players coped against the world champions on Tuesday in the absence of two such key men was a source of satisfaction for O’Neill who, incidentally, has confirmed that Derby full-back Cyrus Christie is now firmly on course to declare for Ireland.....
Sponsored Links

Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Bibi Baskin Bibi Baskin wrote:

Some news...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/s...se-291540.html

...How his players coped against the world champions on Tuesday in the absence of two such key men was a source of satisfaction for O’Neill who, incidentally, has confirmed that Derby full-back Cyrus Christie is now firmly on course to declare for Ireland.....

Clap Excellent!  Welcome aboard Christie!

Edited by Trapcandoit - 16 Oct 2014 at 9:44am
5 goals to go Robbie!
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 10:45am
I've been looking for what the exact Irish connection is. Anyone know ? 

I'm guessing Irish Granny, as if it was a parent it would be much more obvious in the reports (like Jack Grealish with his Irish Father)

One thing I have noticed with all the black lads who have played for us is that all seem to be the product of Irish women (mothers/Grandmothers) and black men. Always found that strange that its rarely the other way around. Irish birds seem to love the black lads LOL

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

I'm guessing Irish Granny, as if it was a parent it would be much more obvious in the reports (like Jack Grealish with his Irish Father)

One thing I have noticed with all the black lads who have played for us is that all seem to be the product of Irish women (mothers/Grandmothers) and black men. Always found that strange that its rarely the other way around. Irish birds seem to love the black lads  cock LOL 

fixed
eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

One thing I have noticed with all the black lads who have played for us is that all seem to be the product of Irish women (mothers/Grandmothers) and black men. Always found that strange that its rarely the other way around. Irish birds seem to love the black lads  cock LOL 

fixed

Clap pperfectly rectified
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by eire28 eire28 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

fixed

Clap pperfectly rectified

now now lads. Theres ladies present LOL
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:16am
This from Wikky Wiiky Whack Wikipedia! 

Cyrus Sylvester Frederick Christie (born 30 September 1992) is an Irish professional footballer who plays for Derby County as a defender.

He sounds like a movie baddie!
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:19am

1) Cyrus Christie – the young right back has hit the ground running at Derby County after making the step up from League One Coventry City, his hometown club. 

He had been with the Sky Blues for 13 years so some early season 'homesickness' might have been understandable but he looks like he has been playing in the Championship all his life. 

Home from home: Cyrus Christie has flourished at Derby
Sky Blue thinking: Christie started at Coventry

after leaving Coventry (right)

It’s thought Derby picked up him for a fee of around £100,000 after he ran his contract down – it’s a real bargain and I find it hard to believe no Premier League club took him. Makes you wonder how hard their scouts work. 

On his debut on the opening day of the season he provided the cross for the Rams’ winner against Rotherham, and four of the five Derby goals against Fulham on Saturday were started on the right.

His attacking qualities are matched by his defensive ability. This kid is only 21 and on the evidence so far, he has got a massive future. At his current rate

Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:20am
That's from Adrian the d***head Durham in the Daily Hate. 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 12:02pm
he's like a black version of cyrus the virus from Con Air. Hope he's as aggressive and unpredictable. We need someone like that in the team :)
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 4:12pm
He's 6ft 2in, maybe there's an opportunity to try him at centre back.  Nobody other than Colmaninho is playing right back for us for another 10 years I reckon! 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 6:24pm
 Couldn't get a decent stream on the matchAngry  Anyone know how he played today?
5 goals to go Robbie!
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Couldn't get a decent stream on the matchAngry  Anyone know how he played today?

Not many quotes on the Derby forum, but heres a couple from todays game;

the way Christie doesn't panic, beats players making them look mugs when he's playing out of defence and is generally excellent really bodes well.

Christie - 8/10

Keogh - 7/10

With the current set of English right-backs, I'm surprised he's giving up on a Three Lions career so quickly

Edited by schillaci - 18 Oct 2014 at 8:55pm
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 9:03pm
Be good if he could play left full

To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 2:28pm
 Cheers SchillaciThumbs Up
5 goals to go Robbie!
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 8:47pm

I was right about the granny LOL 

The 22-year-old right-back is eligible to play for Ireland through his nan, who was born in Dublin.

“They (Ireland) have been in touch and said they have been watching me since the start of the season,” said Christie.

“It would be an honour to play for the Republic of Ireland but I am just concentrating on what I am doing for Derby. Anything else that comes along is a bonus.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Cyrus-Christie-focused-Rams/story-23277248-detail/story.html#ixzz3Gu9seS6s 
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Cyrus-Christie-focused-Rams/story-23277248-detail/story.html#dqasM3j7rTvLmbJE.99
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 12:56pm
Begorrah!
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 9:57pm
Derby count fans comment on their best players this season on their forum. Cyrus christie gets a mention on every post on the thread so far. Derby look like a good shout for promotion. Heres the comments so far;

Chris Martin- Will be our most essential player all season
Cyrus Christie- Best RB I've seen in a long, long time
Lee Grant- Was playing very very well until he got injured
Jamie Ward- Had a run of great form and scored some important goals
Richard Keogh- Been our most solid defender
John Eustace- Reliable and proven he is more than capable of starting in our most important position 
Will Hughes- Close with Hendrick, favour his creativity 
Johnny Russell- Works hard 
Jeff Hendrick- Been pretty good, will score a few goals

martin, hughes, christie and grant are the top performers for us this season. 

^^^ Spot on, all four are must starts IMO

Martin, Christie, Hughes... in that order. 

Grant, Keogh and Hendrick have also done well. 

1. Christie 2 Hughes 3 Grant ... I would like to see a stat on our win percentage with shotton at centre back ... I have a feeling its impressive ... He's been a pleasant addition too 

Disagree with Hendrick and Dawkins. I can remember a handful of good performances from Dawkins and I think Hendrick has been pretty average. Not poor, just average. 
    Martin
    Hughes
    Christie
    Grant 

Martin Hughes Grant Christie 

Martin - Goals, nuff said.  Irreplaceable with what we have.

Hughes - Makes us tick in midfield

Christie - Wisdom who? 

Grant - Solid and organises the defence.  

Ward - Started so well until injured.

Edited by schillaci - 04 Nov 2014 at 9:58pm
       Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 52>
        Share Topic