You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The little things in life you enjoy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:07pm
When you are going into aldi/lidl and there is no one outside begging for cash. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I agree, great that the person who was begging was able to call it a day because some kind hearted people helped them out....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I agree, great that the person who was begging was able to call it a day because some kind hearted people helped them out....

I dont mind giving them cash, just hardly ever have change on me so it's an unwanted interaction having to tell them sorry no cash on me 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:37pm

I dont mind giving them cash, just hardly ever have change on me so it's an unwanted interaction having to tell them sorry no cash on me 
You could, if you wanted to help ask them if there was anything they needed in the shop and buy it for them. Wet wipes and toothpaste are things you could buy. Only a couple of euro, less than the price of a coffee. If you can't afford this, sorry for replying to you.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:42pm
So ya just offend the lad by buying him stuff to clean himself? 

Right O.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Right O.
I said ask what they would like...as someone who does this often, they always ask for these things as well as OJ and yogurts. Ask them the next time you see a person begging outside a shop.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 12:22am

You could, if you wanted to help ask them if there was anything they needed in the shop and buy it for them. Wet wipes and toothpaste are things you could buy. Only a couple of euro, less than the price of a coffee. If you can't afford this, sorry for replying to you.

I have the odd time done this but then it becomes a big interaction and I only came out to grab milk for the baby. And the other thing, there are actually loads of people stopping and getting stuff for the begger as well so they are usually already drinking a can of coke and with a bar. So it would be kind of like, is there anything else I can get you that you haven't already been given. 

Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 8:44am
Sorry dont support begging.   I've sat opposite lads on train, laughing and counting their takings, with free travel cards so obviously in receipt of a generous social welfare system. If there are addiction issues driving the need to beg, feeding it isnt going to help either, ... having witnessed genuine homeless people(not begging) ive gone home and brought them sleeping bags, jackets and bought hot food to help,    BTW I also got scammed before, a woman and child stopped me at tesco asking could i buy some groceries, i bought a bag for them with my own, as i swung around carpark i saw them jump into a fairly new top end amercan style camper,   probably valued more than my house
Getting old and intolerant
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Sorry dont support begging.   I've sat opposite lads on train, laughing and counting their takings, with free travel cards so obviously in receipt of a generous social welfare system. If there are addiction issues driving the need to beg, feeding it isnt going to help either, ... having witnessed genuine homeless people(not begging) ive gone home and brought them sleeping bags, jackets and bought hot food to help,    BTW I also got scammed before, a woman and child stopped me at tesco asking could i buy some groceries, i bought a bag for them with my own, as i swung around carpark i saw them jump into a fairly new top end amercan style camper,   probably valued more than my house

Lots of stories out there .

The bottom line is if nobody gave to beggers then there would not be any simple really . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:36am

Right O.
I said ask what they would like...as someone who does this often, they always ask for these things as well as OJ and yogurts. Ask them the next time you see a person begging outside a shop.

Unfortunately I asked a lady outside SuperValu if I could buy her anything and she said she would come in with me. Lifted a basket, steaks, chicken fillets. I asked her what was going on and she started to raise her voice, said she needs them for the kids. 

I was a bit embarrassed about her raising her voice so I just paid for them but it was over €60.

I am surprised she didn't ask for 20 Bensons at the end.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:43am
Bet you were not in like Flynn then. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:45am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Right O.

Unfortunately I asked a lady outside SuperValu if I could buy her anything and she said she would come in with me. Lifted a basket, steaks, chicken fillets. I asked her what was going on and she started to raise her voice, said she needs them for the kids. 

I was a bit embarrassed about her raising her voice so I just paid for them but it was over €60.

Jaysus - it's easy to say I would have told her to jog on when she started racking up the stuff but I'd imagine it was fairly awkward/embarrassing when she started raising her voice in the middle of a busy shop. You live and learn I suppose
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:04am

Right O.

Kin ell. 

I don't trust anyone begging. I have seen lads in Galway who look like foreigners out in sleeping bags during the day and night.  One or two times I walked by I saw they using an ipad.   Must be a solar powered battery eh?

I'm sure there's genuine cases but I'm suspicious of them all.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Right O.

Kin ell. 

I don't trust anyone begging. I have seen lads in Galway who look like foreigners out in sleeping bags during the day and night.  One or two times I walked by I saw they using an ipad.   Must be a solar powered battery eh?

They do have plugs and sockets in homeless hostels you know. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Right O.

Kin ell. 

They do have plugs and sockets in homeless hostels you know. 

Chique homeless. They've come a long way since I was a lad.  Can't afford food for themselves but can afford to pay out over a grand for an ipad. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 11:51am
When my boss decides to work from home for a day
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 12:12pm
Might sound a little stupid, but someone gifted me a calendar at  start of the year 

One of the tear off desk ones , it has either a fact or an inspirational quote.

Really makes my day LOL

Fun fact of today in 1865 US passed the 13th Ammendment abolishing Slavery 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 12:22pm

Right O.

Kin ell. 

Like the story of the aul one that bought a shoeless beggar on Henry Street a pair of runners and he refused them saying his bare feet bring in the money. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic