Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro '88 Memory thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro '88 Memory thread
    Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 7:56pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 7:58pm

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 8:04pm
Loved it. Still have my panini from then too. First real tournament I remember. 7 at the time.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 8:12pm

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 8:37pm
I'd take a shot to the mouth for that Quinn jersey
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Loved it. Still have my panini from then too. First real tournament I remember. 7 at the time.

Tough paper round thought you were older than me :).

Was 10 at the time great tournament
AKA pedantic kunt
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:10pm
Got the original programme and match ticket from the England game from some lad on adverts a few weeks ago for 30€. Can't wait to get it framed with me jersey.
Chips don't bounce
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Got the original programme and match ticket from the England game from some lad on adverts a few weeks ago for 30€. Can't wait to get it framed with me jersey.

He probably got them for £5 on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Euro-88-England-v-Rep-Ireland-12-6-1988-Programme-unused-ticket-/151354373282?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item233d6c74a2&nma=true&si=8f5vzbVGN7d9F1mUFyyNMhQLATY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The Holland and England programmes are very easy to get.  The USSR one is more difficult. 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

He probably got them for £5 on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Euro-88-England-v-Rep-Ireland-12-6-1988-Programme-unused-ticket-/151354373282?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item233d6c74a2&nma=true&si=8f5vzbVGN7d9F1mUFyyNMhQLATY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The Holland and England programmes are very easy to get.  The USSR one is more difficult. 

Nah these look like they were used plus he sent all the programmes from the qualifiers also. Have the other tickets so was delighted to get the programme and England ticket.

Edited by drog addict - 02 Oct 2014 at 9:41pm
Chips don't bounce
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 11:14pm
My ticket ;

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 11:17pm
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 12:17pm
GMc
You were in the posh seats at that price ?
Mine is in the attic / cellar of the old house so god knows what we paid - we were at the end rayo scored in and packie defended with his life.
My favourite sports day ever.

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 9:06pm

My ticket was 47DM which I think was approx £20 or so at the time.  It was a seat - Cat 2 in the corner behind the goal where Ray headed it.  Same for our other 2 games.  I paid 15DM for a standing ticket for Italy v Denmark.  The semis were 60.50DM each.  The final was 83DM for cat 2. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 1:09am
I was on the terrace to the left of the goal, my ticket in the attic too. Think it was 24DM. What a day, never repeated. Nothing that came after compares. I know some of us older lads harp on about it ad nauseam but it was that special.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I was on the terrace to the left of the goal, my ticket in the attic too. Think it was 24DM. What a day, never repeated. Nothing that came after compares. I know some of us older lads harp on about it ad nauseam but it was that special.

Grown men crying after the game.
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Grown men crying after the game.
Was behind the goal meself,a day and night /morning never to be forgottenBeer
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 11:24am
We were staying in Karlsruhe. Late night train back I was the only 1 who actually got on the train. Promptly fell asleep to be woken up by a man shouting "passport" at me.  Told me I was at the French border on my way to Paris.
He got me off off the train and where / when to wait for a train back. Arrived in Karlsruhe during morning rush hour. No idea where the hotel was so waited for my mates at the station.
Lots of handshakes and smiles from the locals.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 12:23pm
Was given 6 tickets for each Ireland game late Friday night in a pub in Enfield, North London. Got Deutchmarks and booked Lufthansa flights on Saturday morning and was in Stuttgart by late Saturday night. Flew back to London straight after the game on Sunday and Ted Croker (the head of the FA) was on the shuttle bus to the plane, the last thing he wanted to see was more green shirts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic