You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:58pm
Still think they'll do a u-turn on Qatar.....England is ready.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Still think they'll do a u-turn on Qatar.....England is ready.

Nein

If it's anywhere else it'll be Deutschland
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 1:44am
In regard to Qatar fast tracking players into their national team set up, this is nothing new as they have being doing it for years.

Many countries do this, especially in Asia its rather common.

Qatar is already a hotbed for foreign talent from the likes of South America and Africa, so I'd fully expect plenty of non nationals to be lining out for them come 2022 seeing as it only takes 3 years to qualify for citizenship (already being mentioned about the fast track passports too) "but" in an honesty is a top prospect from Algeria, Tunisia or Ghana etc going to turn their country to play for Qatar? In a nutshell no, but they will get some lads on the fringes of these countries.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 8:47am
Dates 26 November to 23 December

Not a bad way to KO Christmas holidays

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:10pm
FIFA don't allow that any more, though, in terms of fast tracking. I think you have to have a certain amount of residence before FIFA allow you to play.

If only the Nepalese were good footballers, and not dying by the truckload, the Qataris would be set.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:28pm
If they dont allow fast tracking why is the French and Ghanan lad both allowed to play even though they have only lived there for about a year or two.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:47pm
Just checked them there, they already have a Uruguayan, Brazillians, French, Algerian, Sudanese, Ghanan, Senegalese born players playing for there national team, by the time the world cup comes around they will probably have a full squad without any Qatar born players, absoloute joke that this can happen just because they play these foreign born players big money but I suppose the thing is the players arnt too great anyway.
BlondeInGreen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeInGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 1:46am
http://www.joe.ie/sport/qatar-heroes-the-story-of-how-ireland-won-the-2022-world-cup-at-christmas-time/486080
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 4:26am
Originally posted by BlondeInGreen BlondeInGreen wrote:

http://www.joe.ie/sport/qatar-heroes-the-story-of-how-ireland-won-the-2022-world-cup-at-christmas-time/486080

That was one of the best things I have ever read. Them tweets are brilliant! In fact the whole thing is class.

Robbie has some tournament.

Edited by Deane - 25 Feb 2015 at 4:32am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 6:43am
Originally posted by BlondeInGreen BlondeInGreen wrote:

ClapClapClap great read at 06:40 on a tuesday morning
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:24pm
Baaaahahahahaha.

Roy Keane as the Pope, Kleberson managing Brazil, the twinning of the island with Saipan..... brilliant little touches.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 1:21pm
quality
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 8:07am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 12:58pm
Fifa hiding behind a rock hoping it all goes away!

Following yesterday's news this is a welcome development.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/05/2022-world-cup-qatar-under-threat-saudi-arabia-blockade-fifa-football

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:06pm
Can see this getting taken off Qatar as soon as 2018 WC finishes.

England or Germany to the rescue
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:07pm
Deutschland

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:11pm
Hopefully Germany
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:19pm
Meant to add only stumbling block would be having it in Europe again..Looking at the Countries who bid for 2022

Australia- Only got 1 vote at time of vote I think if it was taken off Qatar they would make noise to host but while I think Australia will one day host it I think the European TV deals would hinder them

Japan- would have just hosted the 2019 Rugby WC and would most likely be able to step in without too much fuss, like Australia though timezone would be a massive complaint in it going here.

South Korea- Very similar to Japan, have experience hosting, currently doing the U20 WC.

USA- Could prob step in like Germany and England at short notice but what would that mean for their bid for 2026.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic