You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Nothing would make me prouder than to see us boycott this pathetic excuse for a football tournament. 

If the past few world cups are anything to go by then we’ll be boycotting for ‘footballing reasons’. 
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Going to have to give this an unwelcome bump. 

It's hard to stomach people in work who mean well  in fairness but make out that it was a good thing that Ireland didn't qualify the morning after the Denmark defeat as Russia is very dodgy anyway to go over to. Had another dose of that today when one of my colleagues said to think how much money you'll save by not going. 

Given the hype is slowly starting to build up for this world cup and EURO 2020 with it's 13 countries (non-tournament feel) as hosts , it'll be the guts of 5 years before we potentially qualify for the next and most attractive tournament in Germany (probably) hopefully.

I wonder for those on here (that travel regularly to Ireland games) that have posted they wouldn't go near Qatar for a world cup even if Ireland qualify, would they probably end up going despite any logistical/financial/political/moral qualms they may have with Qatar given how we haven't been at a world cup since 02?

I would go myself (should we qualify) just to go to see Ireland at a world cup but it has to be the least attractive world cup host country there ever was. 

I think we'd get a surprisingly decent enough support out there given the ex-pat community in the gulf states. Any more than 10K would be a bonus I'd imagine. 

Im booked up for Qatar 2022 already . SByrne is piloting out of the kip and said I could crash in his place
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:27am
Butch....is he still in the same gaff?
The one just over the rainbow, within walking distance of the Emerald City and the south facing garden that backs onto the Chiswick High Road?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:47am
The Mascot for Cat Are 2022 has been unveiled

His name is Pick Axe

Image result for qatar slave

Edited by Trap junior - 18 May 2018 at 11:48am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Butch....is he still in the same gaff?
The one just over the rainbow, within walking distance of the Emerald City and the south facing garden that backs onto the Chiswick High Road?

FFS ... that lad is a spoofer . Obviously you have been there Hornet and he told me he didn't trust anyone on the Ybig site
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:59pm
Qatar can go f**k itself. 

Only way I'm going to the World Cup in 2022 is if it's taken off them and given to a country like Germany.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Nothing would make me prouder than to see us boycott this pathetic excuse for a football tournament. 

Couldn't agree more. Qatar (and their neighbours in the UAE) are a morally reprehensible state with a veneer of modernity and respectability who literally use slave labour. They won't see a penny of my money. 
Whats your thoughts on corruption and cover ups, if your moral compass is so finely tuned you would would not even leave your bed in this fckin country ffs

Wonder how many would have gone to Russia without batting an eyelid LOL

Or the same who will go to the USA or UK without any complaints LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:46pm
4 years tomorrow this sham kicks off 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:48pm
We'll not have to worry about it anyway.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:04pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

LOLLOL
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOL

Only hope is it goes to 48 teams, MON gets canned, and Rice declares for Eire
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOL

Only hope is it goes to 96 teams, MON gets canned, and Rice declares for Eire
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:18pm
I see the qualification draw is in July this year so what seeds are we most likely to be? 3rd? 

Will our EURO 2020 qualification results up until then be included in determining our seeding?

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Jan 2019 at 2:19pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:45pm
It'll probably depend on FIFA world rankings at that stage. Under the new ranking system, our ranking will changed based upon recent results.

It depends on the release date of the rankings, but I would imagine the rankings used will take account of all results up the end of the Copa America and CONCACAF Gold Cup which finish on 7 July.

We are currently ranked 20th in Europe so if we can get that up to 18th we could be second seeds. Under the new ranking system, every win is good and every loss is bad, no matter who they are against, so it is handy that we have Gibraltar and the home match against Georgia before then, assuming we can win both.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 12 Jan 2019 at 2:47pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It'll probably depend on FIFA world rankings at that stage. Under the new ranking system, our ranking will changed based upon recent results.

It depends on the release date of the rankings, but I would imagine the rankings used will take account of all results up the end of the Copa America and CONCACAF Gold Cup which finish on 7 July.

We are currently ranked 20th in Europe so if we can get that up to 18th we could be second seeds. Under the new ranking system, every win is good and every loss is bad, no matter who they are against, so it is handy that we have Gibraltar and the home match against Georgia before then.

Realistic chance of 3 wins and a draw before then 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:52pm
Oh yeah, sorry, forgot about the Gib home game in June as well. That is quite handy.

Now, of course, a win against better opposition is worth more than a win against worse opposition, but it is still handy to have two close-to-guaranteed wins, plus Georgia at home, before then. Like we have our three most winnable games before the draw, which is probably fortuitous.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I see the qualification draw is in July this year so what seeds are we most likely to be? 3rd? 

Will our EURO 2020 qualification results up until then be included in determining our seeding?

Where'd you see that? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic