You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

All records of Russia's 2018 bid have been "accidentally" erased by FIFA

Also the Russians burnt the computers to cover their own tracks after they got the go ahead for 2018

Ah no way?!?!  LOLLOLLOL

No messing .. Them Russians want something they get it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/11228382/Fifa-report-Russia-admit-World-Cup-bid-evidence-gone-because-of-destroyed-computers.html
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 10:28pm

All records of Russia's 2018 bid have been "accidentally" erased by FIFA

Also the Russians burnt the computers to cover their own tracks after they got the go ahead for 2018

Ah no way?!?!  LOLLOLLOL

No messing .. Them Russians want something they get it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/11228382/Fifa-report-Russia-admit-World-Cup-bid-evidence-gone-because-of-destroyed-computers.html

It's so farcical it's unbelievable. I can only laugh at the whole situation as it's so so outrageous.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 2:12am
James Richardson's intro on Football Weekly; Qatar dismiss reports they areapplying to host next year's Wimbledon too as they don't like courts or two men having sets and they have no idea what a backhander is
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

James Richardson's intro on Football Weekly; Qatar dismiss reports they areapplying to host next year's Wimbledon too as they don't like courts or two men having sets and they have no idea what a backhander is

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 12:14pm
Apparently the computers for the Russia bid were being leased and have since been returned to the leasing company, who've since destroyed them.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 4:02pm
Looking like this is going to be held in November/December 2022. European clubs will be delighted..not
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Looking like this is going to be held in November/December 2022. European clubs will be delighted..not

this is top news, either the clubs roll over and take it ( all in favour of letting these pricks know who's boss) or they cause ructions and bring fifa down , laissez les bons temps roulez 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

this is top news, either the clubs roll over and take it ( all in favour of letting these pricks know who's boss) or they cause ructions and bring fifa down , laissez les bons temps roulez 

carefull what you wish for RM, those clubs would like nothing better than international football to die a death be it under FIFA, UEFA or whoever
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

carefull what you wish for RM, those clubs would like nothing better than international football to die a death be it under FIFA, UEFA or whoever

newryep , i am resigned to the fact that it is goosed anyway , the premier league came out of FA intransigence and something is sure to happen here if the clubs go up against FIFA, it might be bad for international football but who knows, i find it hard to root for FIFA either.  

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 8:19pm

newryep , i am resigned to the fact that it is goosed anyway , the premier league came out of FA intransigence and something is sure to happen here if the clubs go up against FIFA, it might be bad for international football but who knows, i find it hard to root for FIFA either.  

Say it aint so ?

Would Germany let it wither on the vine ?

Would Brazil ? even though they were humiliated during the summer, argentina Columbia ......

What other tournament(s) brings the world Europe,americas/asia together ? the Olympics ?    

who didn't stand watching the WC final (in my case in a lakeside village in Austria) knowing a large portion of the globe was watching ?

and I mean actually watching as opposed to the likes of the university Boat race that the BBC boasts is broadcast to X No of countries,

Feck your 'champions/Runner up/3rd place league finals
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 8:40pm

Say it aint so ?

Would Germany let it wither on the vine ?

Would Brazil ? even though they were humiliated during the summer, argentina Columbia ......

What other tournament(s) brings the world Europe,americas/asia together ? the Olympics ?    

who didn't stand watching the WC final (in my case in a lakeside village in Austria) knowing a large portion of the globe was watching ?

and I mean actually watching as opposed to the likes of the university Boat race that the BBC boasts is broadcast to X No of countries,

ClapClapClap

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:00pm
The English FA are obsessively protective of the lower leagues. There is no way they will stop League 1, 2 and the conference for 2 months. There would be many clubs struggling to survive. If they did let the lower leagues go ahead, imagine how pissy they would get if there were World Cup games at 3pm on a Saturday. It would be very likely too given the time difference.

Even the La Liga and Serie A clubs would be struggling to pay wages for 2 months with no football on.  I would imagine most clubs spend the first half of the season just trying to recoup the wages paid over the summer.

U.S TV would also be going up against the NFL on Sundays and in an important part of the season.

The best case scenario if Qatar does go ahead is that the big countries pull out and play an invitational tournament the next summer.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 23 Feb 2015 at 9:01pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:01pm

agree 100% chief , but sadly the custodians of the world cup will be its undoing. 
maybe it might be able to start all over again once FIFA is brought down. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

The best case scenario if Qatar does go ahead is that the big countries pull out and play an invitational tournament the next summer.

and whoever runs that tournament then takes over the qualification process as well 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:08pm
UEFA Connembol breakaway possibility I wonder ?

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:45pm
This is going to be a massive issue right up to 2022.
I cant see clubs going along with a winter tournament as it would cause disruption to the most lucrative time of year in the big leagues i.e. the Christmas period. Even if a tournament was to be played end of November beginning of December it would still effect the Xmas period and the whole season.

How many divisions would stop? Conceivably some nations could be taking a lot of players out of the 2nd tiers of big European leagues and even lower down.

The whole thing is a mess.

The EPL has just signed a deal worth £5 Billion for the next 3 years up to 2019/2020. So its more than possible the next deal could be close to double that. That would be a £10 Billion animal going up against a month long tournament played in a scorching climate. Its still about 30 degrees out there in November. I think this is the fight big European leagues are licking their lips at.

I love the world cup its such a great occasion, but the UEFA Champions League is the biggest football tournament in the world. No contest. I don't think FIFA realises that's the tournament every player wants to play in. The World Cup is a nice bonus tournament in modern football. I don't think FIFA realises that.

Edited by Bitored - 23 Feb 2015 at 9:47pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:40pm
This world cup is going to be a joke, cant wait to see how many foreign born players will be playing for Qatar, already it appears FIFA are turning a blind eye as Qatar already have a Ghanaian and a French born lad playing for them even though they havent lived in the country more than a year or two, FIFA  are a farce and Qatars are an absolute embarrassment in the sports world. No doubt there will be back handers paid all round and Qatar will reach the final and probably win.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

This world cup is going to be a joke, cant wait to see how many foreign born players will be playing for Qatar, already it appears FIFA are turning a blind eye as Qatar already have a Ghanaian and a French born lad playing for them even though they havent lived in the country more than a year or two, FIFA  are a farce and Qatars are an absolute embarrassment in the sports world. No doubt there will be back handers paid all round and Qatar will reach the final and probably win.

since Qatar frigging around with the FIFA rules previously necessitated new statutes being introduced I doubt they have tried it again

as to where you are born?................

Check out Danny invincles posts on this site and various others for eligibility issues esp the Foot.ie one   

Edited by Newryrep - 23 Feb 2015 at 11:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic