Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 93>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

I love points

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:18pm
A number of people have already posted the obvious in this thread that its hard to play to their strengths in midfield when the ball is sailing over their head all game.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 8:48pm
Watching him here for Bournemouth. We arnt half over hyping the lad.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Poor first half, has had a very good second half though.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:54pm

Our manager doesn't play to his strengths either so it's six of one and half a dozen of another.

O'Neill would somehow make it hard for a Xavi or Modric to play well for Ireland with his tactics Dead

Arter is a decent player at PL level, we would no doubt see more of him in a 3 man midfield if we at least attempted to play it on the deck.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Our manager doesn't play to his strengths either so it's six of one and half a dozen of another.

O'Neill would somehow make it hard for a Xavi or Modric to play well for Ireland with his tactics Dead

Arter is a decent player at PL level, we would no doubt see more of him in a 3 man midfield if we at least attempted to play it on the deck.

Arter is a good Premier League player, as you've said. It's certainly his level. 

It would be interesting to see what Arter, McCarthy, Kelly would look like. 3 midfielders quite strong in different aspects of the game. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 2:33pm
Arter is a useful EPL standard player no doubt, lacks a bit of pace perhaps though.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:50pm
Dropped from the Bournemouth squad completely today
The only way is up
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Dropped from the Bournemouth squad completely today

Saving himself for EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 4:18pm
Injured apparently
We're decent enough..
viduka9aus View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viduka9aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:02am
Looks like Arter's out of the next two qualifiers Cry
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:53am
The overreaction to a nothing foul was stupid, the dive afterwards was just embarrassing.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:29am
Do you let your hatred of a player cloud your view of everything? Maybe you should be asking yourself why he was even playing considering he supposedly has "no interest in representing us" and had the excuse of a recent injury to pull out of the squad if he had so wished...
We're decent enough..
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:30am
Disgraceful diving last night. Cant be condoned. Big question though. Will he start o monday night?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Do you let your hatred of a player cloud your view of everything? Maybe you should be asking yourself why he was even playing considering he supposedly has "no interest in representing us" and had the excuse of a recent injury to pull out of the squad if he had so wished...
Firstly, don't hate him, I just don't believe he has much of an interest in international football beyond how it will enhance his club career. I think if he pulled out of another squad with yet another feeble excuse he might not come back in, even with our paucity of options.

It does however seem that you leave the jersey a player is wearing cloud your judgement. If the Moldovan had gone down first and rolled about for a minute, there is a fair chance that Arter would be heading home early, perhaps that was what he was secretly hoping for.
Either way, I despise people feigning injury, whether they are representing a team I support or not.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:09pm
The Moldovan stuck his head into Arter's, by any reading of thd rules that's a red card. He hardly even protested which pretty much says it all..

Nice sidestepping of the other point btw, why exactly is it that these particular games Arter couldn't have afforded to "feign injury" without being banished, but in the past he felt he could do it so impunity? Ridiculous, baseless piece of conjecture from yourself in a desperate attempt to save your ridiculous, baseless narrative.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The Moldovan stuck his head into Arter's, by any reading of thd rules that's a red card. He hardly even protested which pretty much says it all..

Nice sidestepping of the other point btw, why exactly is it that these particular games Arter couldn't have afforded to "feign injury" without being banished, but in the past he felt he could do it so impunity? Ridiculous, baseless piece of conjecture from yourself in a desperate attempt to save your ridiculous, baseless narrative.
Likewise. Where did I contest the decision? It was a red card, but Arter shouldn't have got involved in such an incident when 2 up in injury time. It was stupid, as is trying to debate it.
I would imagine a word has been had as it has happened all too regularly.
Of course it is conjecture, but equally as baseless is saying he wants to play for Ireland, when he plays so poorly when he does.
There is, of course, the possibility he wants to play for Ireland and is just a mediocre footballer.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 6:33pm
bit o a jack the lad our 'arry
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:21pm
Don't understand the criticism.

Moldova were getting handy possession of the ball. Arter came on and put them under a bit of pressure and they stopped troubling us after that.

About the red card. I'd say both O'Neill and Keane were happy to see Arter getting a bit riled up at the end. It was the kind of thing you'd expect from McClean.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 93>
  Share Topic