Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 93>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

..he likes a trip with the bournemouth lads

I don't think it is the trip is the problem and, joking aside, I think he will turn up for Austria, because of the time. I do think we are far from his priority though.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

this is it i think he might be trying to get out of the trip to the usa

Wouldn't blame him.... absolutely ridiculous to be traveling to the States.
Money drive for the FAI.

Let's have players picking and choosing when they decide to show up for their national team.   That worked out well with Roy Keane didn't it?

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:06pm
Maybe, just maybe, he actually has a dead leg at the moment.... I suppose that would be far too logical an explanation though
We're decent enough..
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, he actually has a dead leg at the moment.... I suppose that would be far too logical an explanation though

Maybe, just maybe, one of Aesop's Fables might explain why people are reacting this way. 

You may, or may not, have ever read The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

If you haven't, have a look. Spoiler alert: after numerous false cries of wolf, the villagers don't respond when there really is a wolf. 

The moral of that story was 

Liars are not believed even when they speak the truth.

Edited by rolo - 21 May 2017 at 9:14pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, one of Aesop's Fables might explain why people are reacting this way. 

If you haven't, have a look. Spoiler alert: after numerous false cries of wolf, the villagers don't respond when there really is a wolf. 

Yet you, and all the rest who bemoan him, have absolutely no evidence that Arter has ever "cried wolf". So either provide it or politely jog on

Edited by The O'Shea - 21 May 2017 at 9:17pm
We're decent enough..
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:34pm

Yet you, and all the rest who bemoan him, have absolutely no evidence that Arter has ever "cried wolf". So either provide it or politely jog on

Well you're the person who brought up the term "logical explanation"... yet you dont seem very good at logic.
You see a guy who is unavailable just before almost every international trip only to return in the very next club game, and your "logical explanation" is that he was injured each time, and not that he was crying wolf.

There's only one clown here, so jog on yourself. 

And by the way, a player who claims he is injured despite nothing showing up on the scan, there's your evidence. This was the case for one of the previous games, may have been the latest one where he wasn't well enough to play for us, but he was able to go karting and train in dubai. I posted it a few pages ago. 

Have you started jogging on yet?
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:40pm

Apologies is was the Georgia/Moldova double header. Couple of my posts from April 1st:

Roy Keane has said Harry Arter is unlikely to feature for the Republic of Ireland in their upcoming World Cup qualifiers with Georgia and Moldova, but there is positive news on Everton midfielder James McCarthy.

Bournemouth’s Arter had a scan on a groin injury yesterday but the midfielder is still feeling tightness with the injury, despite a good outlook.

Keane said that given the Georgia game is only 48 hours away, it is not looking like Arter will feature.

“Again [Harry] is still being assessed. I think he was due a scan yesterday and I think the scan was pretty positive but obviously the player himself feels still a bit tight – he has not trained today and not been over.

“If you don’t train two days before a game then that is not good news. So we just hope it might settle down in the next few days and might be available for the second game. But we wouldn’t be too hopeful once again.”

The most important paragraph here is:

Bournemouth’s Arter had a scan on a groin injury yesterday but the midfielder is still feeling tightness with the injury, despite a good outlook.

I'll paraphrase: "Despite the scan showing that there is, in fact, no injury, the player maintains that he is injured. Therefore when the FAI medical staff receive said scan, and see no evidence of injury, they'll be reassured that he is actually injured, because he says so himself."

October 1st 2016: played 90 mins away to Watford.
Ruled out of Georgia and Moldova games, with groin strain.
Returns in next club game, October 15th, plays 90 mins at home to hull.

At least this time with a trip to Dubai booked, they thought it prudent to drop him for the game before the international break, but he still returns in the first game after the international break.

And now he has missed the game before the upcoming triple header. Surprising.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:43pm
The logical explanation is very simple, on every occasion he has missed an international match, the FAI medical team have accepted that he is indeed, genuinely injured and unfit to partake. That is the LOGICAL EXPLANATION. All of the rest that has been spouted on here is at its root, pure conjecture. You can spin it any way you want, but it doesn't change the fact that it's utterly unsubstantiated by any type of direct evidence.
We're decent enough..
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:51pm
its called putting 2 and 2 together

pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:03pm
this might sound cynical but i simply dont trust modern day footballers...and arter's lack of appearances for us followed by starting for his club in the following games plus his seemingly apathic attitude fuels that can you blame people on here after the behaviour of the likes of grealish and hogan?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:13pm
Yes, you can blame people. They should judge each case on its merits rather than having their judgements clouded by the Grealish saga (I don't see why you include Hogan, he's never represented us anyway so he's hardly decided to turn his back on us?).

Here's the reality, Bournemouth pay Arter 10's of thousands of pounds every week. Do you really believe they would allow him to sit out a match if he wasn't genuinely injured, just to pull the wool over the FAI's eyes? It's not even as if they have any selfish interest to do so, it's the end of the season so they aren't in a position where they need to keep Arter fit for a "big game" in two weeks. That's without even getting into the potential repercussions for Bournemouth if they were demonstrated to be fabricating injuries.... All of the negative interpretations of Arter are are therefore completely irrational, there's nothing about them that makes any sense. Yet posters continue to peddle them unabated as if they are gospel...

Edited by The O'Shea - 21 May 2017 at 10:15pm
We're decent enough..
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:27pm
hogan was asked to be part of the squad.he stated he wanted to concentrate on his club football due to the bad injury he had..did you believe him?i didn't...i didn't believe grealish with his excuses...im sorry but you need to understand footballers put themselves first not their country or the supporters...and you buy that it was just a coincidence he has been fit play for his club the game after pulling out of our squad on more than one occasion?or that he has only 3 caps?..he stated himself he wasen't happy not being brought on against serbia..im sorry but he has a take it or leave attitude when it comes to Ireland
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:33pm

hogan was asked to be part of the squad.he stated he wanted to concentrate on his club football due to the bad injury he had..did you believe him?i didn't...i didn't believe grealish with his excuses...im sorry but you need to understand footballers put themselves first not their country or the supporters...and you buy that it was just a coincidence he has been fit play for his club the game after pulling out of our squad on more than one occasion?or that he has only 3 caps?..he stated himself he wasen't happy not being brought on against serbia..im sorry but he has a take it or leave attitude when it comes to Ireland

I would have to agree with the above . Also take into consideration that Arter has been involved with the Irish set up since 15-16 years old . So it's not as if he hasn't been heard of in the last 2 years
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:12pm

also don't forget about how he told Tony O'Donoghue in an interview that he was at the cinema instead of watching our game vs Georgia
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:12pm

He has 4 caps. He made his debut less than 2 years ago and has at no point been higher than our 3rd/4th choice midfielder, how many caps do you expect him to have? Even if Arter is "putting himself first", and again there is no evidence this is the case, how do you explain Bournemouth being complicit in fabricating injuries when they have no incentive to do so and the potential repercussions are so high?

There funny is that there is literal video evidence of Arter being injured against Burnley last week and subsequently being substituted, yet some continue to construct fanciful tales of deceit and mystery to explain his absence
We're decent enough..
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:47pm

He has 4 caps. He made his debut less than 2 years ago and has at no point been higher than our 3rd/4th choice midfielder, how many caps do you expect him to have? Even if Arter is "putting himself first", and again there is no evidence this is the case, how do you explain Bournemouth being complicit in fabricating injuries when they have no incentive to do so and the potential repercussions are so high?

There funny is that there is literal video evidence of Arter being injured against Burnley last week and subsequently being substituted, yet some continue to construct fanciful tales of deceit and mystery to explain his absence

You're not the smartest of people are you. And this is coming from me which really shows how silly you can be  LOL

I think Eddie Howe coming out and saying he has a dead leg is all the proof we need. A dead leg is one week to 10 days maximum, so as simple basic mathematics work he should be fit for the Ireland match which was 3 weeks from the moment he picked up the injury, alot of people are quite rightfully suspect will he/wont he.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:25am
This thread has gotten beyond embarrassing at this stage.....

Who knows what Arter has going on in his life. His wife has just had a baby after previously losing one in horrific circumstances. Maybe he's coming under pressure at home and that is influencing his desire to travel. Maybe he got a pain in his hoop with the sh1te he took on social media when Merson suggested he should be in the England squad before he was competitively capped. Who knows but the idea that Bournemouth would deliberately not play him yesterday to enable him to miss the American trip? Sweet Jesus. He hasn't even pulled out of the squad yet.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 22 May 2017 at 11:27am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

This thread has gotten beyond embarrassing at this stage.....

Who knows what Arter has going on in his life. His wife has just had a baby after previously losing one in horrific circumstances. Maybe he's coming under pressure at home and that is influencing his desire to travel. Maybe he got a pain in his hoop with the sh1te he took on social media when Merson suggested he should be in the England squad before he was competitively capped. Who knows but the idea that Bournemouth would deliberately not play him yesterday to enable him to miss the American trip? Sweet Jesus. He hasn't even pulled out of the squad yet.

Or maybe he thought he'd enjoy international football but it has transpired that the squad is full of assholes and he hates joining up.

You just dont know. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 93>
  Share Topic