Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 93>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

So essentially Mick tells Arter that he isn't going to pick him, yet somehow Arter still gets blamed for not being picked. Makes sense...

You've hopped over the fence baby!! Our job is to do analysis and so is yours, not be some PR man for Harry Arter! 

One of these days you are going to go a whole day without writing an embarrassing post Muff, one day soon! I can feel it.

I must've done something to you in a previous life as you've been on a horn for me since you joined this forum.Heart Hugs?Hug
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

So essentially Mick tells Arter that he isn't going to pick him, yet somehow Arter still gets blamed for not being picked. Makes sense...

You've hopped over the fence baby!! Our job is to do analysis and so is yours, not be some PR man for Harry Arter! 

One of these days you are going to go a whole day without writing an embarrassing post Muff, one day soon! I can feel it.

I must've done something to you in a previous life as you've been on a horn for me since you joined this forum.Heart Hugs?Hug

Ever since the Polish sweethearts thread Heart

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

I’ve defended Arter in the past but can’t now, Mick clearly notices that Arter chooses club football over country and he’s not having it. If you’re pulling out of squads and playing the next week for your club, rightly so questions should be asked. 

O'Shea, to quote one of your needlessly-abusive posts: "you really are just dense".

The entire reason Arter isn't getting picked is because he consistently shows a lack of commitment - dropping out of all of Mick's squads (bar one) with phantom injuries, that suddenly appear just before the Ireland games, and then he is miraculously cured just in time so he misses no club football.  

Same with his elective surgery - timed so he missed only the Switzerland game (where we could really have done with him) and Bulgaria game, and then, perfect timing, back in the first team squad for the next Fulham match he is eligible for. 

Ability-wise he's arguably in our 11 or at least one of the first lads off the bench.  But Mick's clearly had enough of his total lack of commitment to the cause.

I really like Arter as a player and he can improve us.  But give me a slightly less talented guy who's busting their gut to play for us any day over a player who is not committed.  That's the choice Mick has made and the reason for it.  The rest from Mick is just sugar-coating.
IrishKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

I’ve defended Arter in the past but can’t now, Mick clearly notices that Arter chooses club football over country and he’s not having it. If you’re pulling out of squads and playing the next week for your club, rightly so questions should be asked. 

O'Shea, to quote one of your needlessly-abusive posts: "you really are just dense".

The entire reason Arter isn't getting picked is because he consistently shows a lack of commitment - dropping out of all of Mick's squads (bar one) with phantom injuries, that suddenly appear just before the Ireland games, and then he is miraculously cured just in time so he misses no club football.  

Same with his elective surgery - timed so he missed only the Switzerland game (where we could really have done with him) and Bulgaria game, and then, perfect timing, back in the first team squad for the next Fulham match he is eligible for. 

Ability-wise he's arguably in our 11 or at least one of the first lads off the bench.  But Mick's clearly had enough of his total lack of commitment to the cause.

I really like Arter as a player and he can improve us.  But give me a slightly less talented guy who's busting their gut to play for us any day over a player who is not committed.  That's the choice Mick has made and the reason for it.  The rest from Mick is just sugar-coating.

Have to agree with everything here, I like Harry as a guy and a footballer but he has absolutely no commitment or fire for Ireland and it seems like anytime we need him,there is a smoke trail left behind him back to London.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:27am
Hard to believe this chap is an Irish international from reading his tweets from last night.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:30am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Hard to believe this chap is an Irish international from reading his tweets from last night.
He’s a Tory bellend. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:38am
J
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I just read them, but I still don’t see how it is hard to believe he is an Irish international based on it. The zeitgeist is such that having obscene amounts of money and no social conscience is something to be lauded, in Britain and Ireland, I would imagine that such views would become even more entrenched when you are being massively overpaid in your job due to the unnecessarily inflated economy within football which, as we all know, merely mirrors society as a whole. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:55am
Was there something anti Irish in the tweets?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 11:01am
No
He just expressed a political opinion that some on here disagree with 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 11:09am
Skimming through the 200 he follows on twitter, about 25 % of them are Irish footballers. He follows Declan Rice and The Wolfe Tones. That's as up the ra as it gets.

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No

Thanks. That is what I suspected.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 11:47am
EIRE legend Jamie O'HARA on Goals on Sunday now
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

No

Harry Arter witch hunt seems to continue... I'm not saying he's blameless but I think McCarthy could manage this situation with a bit more class.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Skimming through the 200 he follows on twitter, about 25 % of them are Irish footballers. He follows Declan Rice and The Wolfe Tones. That's as up the ra as it gets.

A Tory who likes the Wolfe Tones?

Is Harry Arter SByrne?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:04pm
What did he say? Dont see anything online
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

No

Harry Arter witch hunt seems to continue... I'm not saying he's blameless but I think McCarthy could manage this situation with a bit more class.
LOLLOL

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:08pm
He has deleted his Twitter account now it seems.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 3:26pm
what did it say
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 93>
  Share Topic