You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 93>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Im sure Arter will keep his place in the premier league if they get promoted, but O'Kane? I recon he'l be back in the championship next season

Don't let Javier hear you saying that !

O'KANE TOO mate,  joy of a player ,  arter can score and move , but O'Kane can pull the strings and plays it ,   joy of a player
Sponsored Links

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 9:40pm
Would have that Callum Wilson in an Ireland shirt, cracking goal....suspect he's another who'll see how he fairs in the Premiership before nailing his colours 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:19pm
It'll be interesting to see how Arter fairs at a higher level next season, and whether O'Kane will be retained. 

Wilson looks a useful player, but are there any grounds to believe he's given any sort of serious consideration towards the prospect of an international career with Ireland? He's been named in the last several England U-21 squads, expressing his pride at being called up for the first time back in November, telling the BBC; "It's something every player dreams about, getting to represent your country is a fantastic achievement,".
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:24pm
Crossing my fingers and toes Harry has a chat with Wilson about putting on the green jersey!
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

haven't seen this Arter lad play, but the few players that have come up through the English footballing ranks have turned out well, Finnan been a good example Hoolahan played in League 1. 

Any others that have trodden a similar path?

John Aldridge started out at Newport before working his way up the leagues, the same with Andy Townsend, who began his career at Welling.

Mark Kinsella played a couple of seasons in the conference with Colchester before progressing through the leagues.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Crossing my fingers and toes Harry has a chat with Wilson about putting on the green jersey!

I hope the FAI are going after him. Good player, does an excellent job as a lone striker and bangs in alot of goals. Exactly what we are looking for.
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I hope the FAI are going after him. Good player, does an excellent job as a lone striker and bangs in alot of goals. Exactly what we are looking for.

What is the story here ? Is he the one that bypassed agents and contacted O'Neill ? There was such a story in the press a few months ago, but I cant remember who it was rumoured to be.

Edited by schillaci - 27 Apr 2015 at 10:45pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

What is the story here ? Is he the one that bypassed agents and contacted O'Neill ? There was such a story in the press a few months ago, but I cant remember who it was rumoured to be.

Could be, who knows? He got called up to an English under 21 squad (he's 23) around a week or two after O'Neill mentioned his name in the Press but he then pulled out through 'injury'...

Edited by grannyrule - 27 Apr 2015 at 11:11pm
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 10:31am
[/QUOTE]
Think you mean Arter and it was more that he walked up to O'Neill after a game and said "am from de Eire innit massive bants fam"
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 12:33pm
Ya I presumed that was Arter. Who had played for us before so no great surprise.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 12:35pm
Scores the opener for bournemouth
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 2:11pm
Bournemouth win the Championship
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 2:13pm
Delighted for them
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 4:03am
Quotes worth highlighting from Harry:

"The Football Association of Ireland got in touch with me as I made my way through the ranks at Charlton and I started playing for the junior Irish teams," he said. "I was made to feel very welcome in Ireland, so when someone from the English FA came and asked me if I would be interested in a call-up for them, it wasn't a big decision for me to turn it down.

"I have always felt a loyalty to Ireland and not just because I've got so many family members in the country and having spent many a happy summer holiday in Ireland when I was a kid; it's always felt like my country.

"So the idea of playing international football for England has never been in my radar. I want to play for Ireland. I have always wanted that."

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2428098/afc-bournemouths-harry-arter-excited-to-play-in-the-prem
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 9:49am
ClapClapClap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 9:52am
Fair play to him. As McClean said it's what your heart says not your head. It's not club football it's playing for your country.

Over to you Jack.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 10:52am
    The guy hasn't kicked a (senior) ball yet for us and he's a legend already. Fair play Harry. Laoch!
5 goals to go Robbie!
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:31am
Hope he gets at least a half against england. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 93>
  Share Topic