FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Away game against Northern Britain in November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Away game against Northern Britain in November
    Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by stuffer stuffer wrote:

Originally posted by TSLS TSLS wrote:

If anyone is stupid enough to take a banner mocking the vote, to a ground which will be 90% Yes voters, then I can only assume you want a sore face.

If you do, you'll not be dissapointed.
what about a banner or chant of 'stand up if you voted Yes'  

ClapClapClapClap

Sponsored Links

stuffer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by TSLS TSLS wrote:

If anyone is stupid enough to take a banner mocking the vote, to a ground which will be 90% Yes voters, then I can only assume you want a sore face.

what about a banner or chant of 'stand up if you voted Yes'
TSLS View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:08pm

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 12:25pm
LOL
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 10:18am
The scaremongering propaganda of the English won in the end. Scotland has the highest natural resources in the whole of Europe and pays more to the UK than it gets out of it. Of course it would have been better on its own. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 9:49am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 7:10am
Like 1320 the loss on the 18th of Sept was worse than I had ever imagined. I couldn't watch TV or buy a paper for weeks.I would say its only in the last few weeks I've come round and relise that independence is still coming. 
There are so many variables coming up that would allow the Scottish Govt to call another referendum.
The elderly especially were put under real pressure.They were told their pensions would stop and that there would be no NHS. If you were an immigrant you were told that if Scotland became independent you would have to go home.
The YES campaign got that 45% in the face of the biggest barrage of lies and misinformation you could imagine with every media outlet apart from one newspaper turning on the YES campaign.This has split families and ruined friendships,but you guys know all about that as well.
An Irish guy I know voted no because he was told he would lose his pension when he retired.He is an intelligent guy but believed that story.I explained how my old Grandad managed to get a British Govt pension for his time in the RIC,an Irish Govt pension for his time as a volunteer and later in the army and his old age pension from the British Govt as he had lived in Scotland for 25 years. And they managed to do all that  with records dating back to 1912 and the fact he had taken up arms against the British but somehow it couldn't be done today.
The make up of the Tartan Army is overwhelmingly YES .Football is football and winding up other fans is all part of it for some. However you will have fans with you who are from the British occupied part of Ireland.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Did you get your powers that Cameron said you would?

LOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 12:02am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 11:05pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Romario Romario wrote:

How long realistically before another vote could arise 1320?

Nicola Sturgeon says she won't be setting dates but she says that it'll come at a time when the Scottish people decide they want it again, I presume she's meaning to see what happens with the 3 main things I've mentioned, the devolution vow, the EU vote and the outcome of the WM general elections. These things go against us then I feel we would have easily enough No voters changing to Yes getting Independence in the bag. Personally hope it's not to soon, got to give it time to win people around. I reckon before the debates it probably would've been about 70 percent No down to people not taking to much interest apart from seeing the pro Union headlines but after the debates and after people started engaging and finding out their own information the huge surge in people changing to yes was unreal to see. Just ashame it never become massive until the last 2 month, if we had more time after they debates I reckon we would've got there. Some of the reasons people gave for No right up until the 17th September were simply unbelievable as they were so misguided, most of the reasons I saw people say they were voting no for were actually reasons for Yes!!! Frightening.
Romario View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:47pm
How long realistically before another vote could arise 1320?
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:37pm
Northern Britain, well yes we would be regardless of whether we were Indy or not. I've said many a time my views on Indy on this forum. I've mentioned how my 4 grandparents (3 proud Scots and a proud Irish/Scot) all voted NO. They done this as they were phoned up, approached in the street and had people (Labour/Tory campaigners/councillors) at their doorsteps telling them they'd lose their pension. I reckon 80 percent plus of them which were 18 percent of the registered electorate were set in stone Naws. They didn't have social media to see through it, they just had what they were told and what were printed in the papers (33 out of 39 in Scotland are London based and massively pro Union). The other big Nos were people who classed themselves as British and seen Scotland not as a country but the UK as their country, they thought the way things are were better and didn't want any change (tiny amount with a lot of English in that) Sevco fans (knew ALOT of these types, EMBARASSING I know) and people who were threatened by their companies as the companies didn't want any worries over currency etc (again knew quite a few personally who were like this). The majority of No voters (as polls show) were people who wanted change, but wanted full devolution to. Every farmer and fisher in Scotland was nearly a no to it seemed with the threat of not getting EU membership not resolved by the UK government, they could've asked the EU if we would get it but decided not to, as if the EU said it wouldn't be a bother then it's likely these industries would've been Yes instead.

Now since the vote the SNP now has 84k members (of which I am one) and many people are slowy starting to change their mind after they've realised that they seem to have been sold a lie with the devolution vow. Add this to the whole EU argument (Scotland will vote to stay in but the UK as a whole may vote to come out) which could get thousands of business on the Yes side and the fact the next government could be a Tory/UKIP coalition as Labour slowly seem to be dying (looks like they're deed here the noo anyway)

We WILL get it one day. So it's not totally true saying we didn't want to become a country as people's reasons for voting had nothing to do with that. I was raw and pissed off to the extreme after it (never slept for 60 hours) but after the dust has settled I've realised this is the beginning of something huge tonight. I'm just home from a conference in Dundee with Nicola Sturgeon and she's put the fire back into our bellies to get going again.

C'mon the Scots and c'mon the YES.

Edited by 1320Lichtie - 07 Nov 2014 at 10:37pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What's the story with Drogs Addict?
Wouldn't you like to know.

he's a f**kin zope

Shurrup ye sap ye, you that tune in Germany
Chips don't bounce
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 8:49pm
What's the story with Drogs Addict?
Wouldn't you like to know.

he's a f**kin zope
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

How about a banner with images of Aiden and James on it saying:

You take the high road,
& I'll take the low road, 
& we'll play for Ireland together! 

A little cheesy :) 

no. that doesn't even make sense

My own favourite for those who are familiar with the most annoying kids programme on the TV/ planet called ballymorey. It's a Scottish show too full of annoying ****s being annoying ****s.

Anyway if we change the theme tune to:

What's the story with Aidan McGeady, well wouldn't you like to know!
What's the story with James McCarthy, well wouldn't you like to know!
Jaaaaaammmmesss McCarthy,
Aaaaaiifdddaeeennnn McGeady,

Repeat, repeat, repeat

Edited by drog addict - 07 Nov 2014 at 7:37pm
Chips don't bounce
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

You take the high road,

no. that doesn't even make sense
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 6:52pm

You take the high road,

Edited by davekoolhill - 07 Nov 2014 at 6:52pm
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic