You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:06pm
I’d definitely be getting himself and Aaron Connolly around the squad for trainig anyways
Sponsored Links

Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

can we hide adam idah away until oneill gets the boot. i dont want to see this kid chasing randolphs big aimless punts anytime soon.

Absolutely. I don't want the likes of Idah, Connolly or Parrott infected with O'Neills toxic, fear football. 
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:12pm
I think Stephen Kenny would be very willing to give some of these young lads a chance. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:58pm
Ireland U 15 just beat Poland away 1 nil. The underage set ups have vastly improved in this country last few years, hopefully it can translate to success with the seniors next few years .
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:09pm
Aaron Connolly not included in the Brighton Under 23s squad for a pretty meaningless Sussex Cup game vs Lewes FC.

Some minor speculation amongst Brighton fans on Twitter that he may be involved in the first team squad on Saturday.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:47pm
he’d deserve it to be honest. I think this lad is going to be the pick of the bunch ahead of Idah, Parrot or Obafemi. He scored a hat trick against senior league opposition there last week.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:42pm
Aaron Connolly now being linked with Man City, Man United, Hoffenheim etc!

Fingers crossed he breaks into the Brighton team, with the rumours in the above posts!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Aaron Connolly now being linked with Man City, Man United, Hoffenheim etc!

Fingers crossed he breaks into the Brighton team, with the rumours in the above posts!

Hope to god he doesn’t end up at United or city so early in his career. He’ll just be a bench/reserve player 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:48pm
Needs to try and make a name for himself in the Brighton first team. 

Missed that he was also linked to Hoffenheim. I wonder would he have any chance of playing first team football there? 

Edited by Maccatacca - 22 Nov 2018 at 1:50pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:50pm
For sure, get into the Brighton team first or even try get a loan move to a club in The Championship/League 1!

German clubs seem to be doing really well with developing young British talent at the moment, I'm sure if Connolly went over (pie in the sky stuff I know) it may encourage more Irish young lads to try it out and even increase German scouts at Irish underage matches!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:55pm
Robert Martinez said something about how bad English clubs are at developing players between 18 and 23. There’s definitely an issue there. Would be great to see players like Connolly try and make a go for it in Germany and elsewhere
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 3:01pm
Would love to see him go to Hoffenheim. Be great to see players going beyond England and Scotland. Especially to Germany 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Needs to try and make a name for himself in the Brighton first team. 

Missed that he was also linked to Hoffenheim. I wonder would he have any chance of playing first team football there? 

He would. Their manager is a class act altogether and they seem likely to lose nelson back to arsenal in January. Because danny welbeck is injured. 6 months there could be massive as Nagelsmann goes to RB Leipzig at the Ende of the season and RB are buying every young player they can

Edited by liam_in_germany - 23 Nov 2018 at 8:15am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:53am
Rowan Roache has joined FC United on loan; still just 18. He's not one of our outstanding underage strikers (ie Obafemi, Connolly, Cassidy, Idah, Parrott, McAuley, and Barry), but he is one of another bunch who looks like a good prospect all the same (along with Afolabi, O'Reilly, Mandroiu, Tee, Reghba, McEneff, and Ferry). Overall, I'd say we look in a position to produce our best crop of strikers ever.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Rowan Roache has joined FC United on loan; still just 18. He's not one of our outstanding underage strikers (ie Obafemi, Connolly, Cassidy, Idah, Parrott, McAuley, and Barry), but he is one of another bunch who looks like a good prospect all the same (along with Afolabi, O'Reilly, Mandroiu, Tee, Reghba, McEneff, and Ferry). Overall, I'd say we look in a position to produce our best crop of strikers ever.

Mandroiu was actually recently released by Brighton, hadn’t seen it published anywhere but he posted something about it on his Instagram. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 12:14pm
Nothing on his social media about it now, his bio still has "Brighton and Hove Albion" on it and he was posting about training as recently as a month ago.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Nothing on his social media about it now, posting about training as recently as a month ago.

It was a Instagram story - they disappear after a day. He’s defo finished at Brighton which is a pity because he seemed a decent prospect. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 12:23pm
It was mentioned on here that he had signed for Bohs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 329>
  Share Topic