You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

For all the talk of accelerating call ups to the senior squad for eligibility purposes, the players I’d most like the see there are fully committed to us:

Lee O’Connor - a definite prospect. Can play across the back and in midfield. Quick and technically excellent 
Adam Idah - big and strong. Could already be ready for men’s football
Tyreke Wilson - long term problem position for us at lb
Michael Obafemi - a type of player we don’t have. Smart in the box but also a big threat on the counter

Not even all that bothered about Cullen, but he’s almost certainly worth a look 

after seen Lee play 3 times and i don't rate him whatsoever. think he will leave united and end up in League 1 if lucky. incidentally in those games the only stand out player was Jayson Molumby of Brighton
Saw O'Connor a good bit with the International side since he started. Unless he's gone downhill hugely in the last while with Utd he's on the way to becoming a very good player
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

For all the talk of accelerating call ups to the senior squad for eligibility purposes, the players I’d most like the see there are fully committed to us:

Lee O’Connor - a definite prospect. Can play across the back and in midfield. Quick and technically excellent 
Michael Obafemi - a type of player we don’t have. Smart in the box but also a big threat on the counter

after seen Lee play 3 times and i don't rate him whatsoever. think he will leave united and end up in League 1 if lucky. incidentally in those games the only stand out player was Jayson Molumby of Brighton
Saw O'Connor a good bit with the International side since he started. Unless he's gone downhill hugely in the last while with Utd he's on the way to becoming a very good player

Seen a few matches last season and he was very good, going by reports he was probably United’s third best player at that age group behind Gomes and Chong.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:20pm
Ok I know its unlikely he would switch country but is possible. Should we cap Adam Idah this year?  hes hardly any worse than what we have up front anyway.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Ok I know its unlikely he would switch country but is possible. Should we cap Adam Idah this year?  hes hardly any worse than what we have up front anyway.

I'd go for it, we've no one else at this stage
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:24pm

Obafemi didn't look ready when he made his saints debut
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:21pm
Cant be bothered searching for the thread, but how’s the young fella getting on at Brentford? Haven’t heard him mentioned in a while
Chiedzone Ogbenne 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Oct 2018 at 10:21pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:32pm
On loan at Exeter City. I don't think he has started a game for them.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:38am
Not heard much about this lad, but the Guardian has Shane Flynn as the best prospect at Leicester City

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 6:09pm

Not heard much about this lad, but the Guardian has Shane Flynn as the best prospect at Leicester City

https://www.theguardian.com/footballg-interactive/2018/oct/10ext-generation-2018-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs - https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/oct/10/next-generation-2018-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

The guardian article was the first I have heard about him. It is positive that there is one Irish player in the 20. 
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

The guardian article was the first I have heard about him. It is positive that there is one Irish player in the 20. 

I know a Leicester season ticket holder and he said to me a few months back that a few people have said he could be one for the future.. Still very early days though
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:11am
Dennis Cirkin and Armstrong Okoflex (both Irish born) were included in the most recent England U-17 squad. Joe Hodge, who has played with us before, was also in it.
We're decent enough..
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Dennis Cirkin and Armstrong Okoflex (both Irish born) were included in the most recent England U-17 squad. Joe Hodge, who has played with us before, was also in it.

Even if they were born here, did Cirkin and Okoflex grow up in England?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-18/players/dennis-cirkin/

Cirkin anyway as per his Spurs profile has lived in England since he was 3
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Okoflex is ex St Kevin's Boys anyway. Not sure how long he was living in England
El Puto Amo
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:38am
In Cirkin's case, unless his parents are Irish he won't have any great sense of "Irishness". As for Okoflex, if he was old enough to have been with St. Kevins he might have had some affinity towards Ireland but it's hard to sustain that if you move abroad at an early age and your parents are not Irish.

Edited by Paulie - 12 Oct 2018 at 10:39am
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:49pm
hosting a mini u17's tournament next month to prepare for the euro's in may.

Match Day 1 – Thursday November 8

Germany v Czech Republic, UCD Bowl, 15:00

Republic of Ireland v England, Tallaght Stadium, 19:00

Match Day 2 – Sunday November 11

Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic, Tallaght Stadium, 15:00

England v Germany, UCD Bowl, 19:00

Match Day 3 – Wednesday November 14

Republic of Ireland v Germany, Tallaght Stadium, 13:00

Czech Republic v England, Home Farm FC, 13:00 
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:39pm
Connolly scores again as BHA U23s beat Chelsea 3-2
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 8:01pm
Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere but Mark Travers (19yr old GK) was on the bench for Bournemouth last night in the League Cup. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 329>
  Share Topic