You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I think everyone should call off responding to that post from Territorial. They are clearly on a wind up and seeking to stir up as many angry responses as possible for whatever cheap little thrill it is worth to them. 

Unnecessary jibes about accents aside, they go from point 1 saying that we deny Ireland scout IFA players to point 4 stating that players that turned down or keep quiet Ireland approaches for fear if retribution. How do these two points exist together in a post? I wonder how many players in the 6 counties refuse Ireland call ups for fear of retribution from the other side. I mean, look at the abuse Aiden McGeady was subjected to and James McCarthy but the Rangers supporting cousins in Scotland. Or the fact that we have only had one Belfast lad play for us whilst plenty Derry lads have done so. I suppose Mark Sykes has experienced enough death and violence in his family not to be as concerned about the retribution as others might be. 

I've taken the bait. Christ. 

Because Territorial is an artist... a bullsh*t artist.
Sponsored Links

NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

well said. also zero chance "NI green wall" isnt a territorial burner account lol. the guy is unhealthily obsessed, imagine spending all this time on the forum of another team, its just insane. genuinely worrying

I think if you check the limited number of posts i have ever made on here they are very different in tone to Territorial's posts, i am respectful of it being a ROI foum and am not on here to be confrontational.

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by NIGreenWall NIGreenWall wrote:

well said. also zero chance "NI green wall" isnt a territorial burner account lol. the guy is unhealthily obsessed, imagine spending all this time on the forum of another team, its just insane. genuinely worrying

I think if you check the limited number of posts i have ever made on here they are very different in tone to Territorial's posts, i am respectful of it being a ROI foum and am not on here to be confrontational.

In fairness, if that were terri, he'd have it responded to it line my line, in no less than 6000 words with full bibliography to back up points completely seperated from the evidence in front of him.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 10:42am

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Firstly, how do you know that the scouts weren't contacted by the players first and are just following up on what was initiated by the players?
In every case? I don't think so. I mean, why would someone approach the FAI and then decline to play for them? After all, most youngsters from a Nationalist background stick with NI.

Secondly, even if it was a "lie", there's still absolutely nothing wrong with it..
Where did I say there was anything wrong about the FAI scouting them? What is wrong is lying about it. I mean, if they''re lying about this, what else are they lying about? Or maybe you're comfortable about your officials lying?

In fact, the situation of simply ignoring Northern-born players is actually more offensive than actively pursuing them.
Hmmm. The FAI is actively ignoring [sic] 20% of Irish youngsters in Ireland on a daily basis. Unless, of course, they are called somethinhg like Paddy McNair...

The rest of your bigoted sh*te in that post isn't even worth responding to. You've once again let the mask slip on your real opinion of all things Irish.
What was 'bigoted' about anything I wrote? Be specific.

1. Portraying Irish people as liars/untrustworthy (a trope with a long history).
2. Using belittling phrases like "oul Oireland" and "nephew toms".
3. Suggesting players are at risk of retribution from Irish people if they reject the FAI (which runs weirdly contrary to your concurrent argument that very few players actually opt for Ireland, despite the nefarious FAI scouts apparently frequenting so many NI matches and training camps!!).

You simply are a bigot who hates Irish people. It's painfully obvious that posting negatively about Irish people/Irish players/Irish identity/etc is the only thing that keeps you hanging around on this forum.

Call in the white coats 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 2:13pm
Ben Greenwood (left-back) is on the bench for Bournemouth today.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 2:14pm
Ben Greenwood on the bench for Bournemouth in the Premier League today, English born but Irish eligible left back. First time he's made a Premier League match day squad I think.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:07pm
The home based under 19 squad includes Sean Moore I see.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:15pm
Now that he's thrown his lot in with us let's hope the Irish contingent at Brighton gets bigger come the summer.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:47pm
Gonna be some i teresting posts here today 🤣😂🤣
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Brilliant. Great to see. Thanks to all the journos who diligently and accurately reported this story. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:10pm

Brilliant. Great to see. Thanks to all the journos who diligently and accurately reported this story. 

Shout out to all the journos out there.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Shout out to all the journos out there.

... You know who you are. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:19pm
West Ham still looking most likely to get him in the summer, he’ll know four or five other teenagers already there who joined them from Irish League clubs. There may be some sort of provisional agreement already in place in lieu of the £250,000 and loan back deal the Hammers were looking to get done in the transfer window but the scouts from other big clubs are still coming to the Cliftonville games. Sean had a quiet game in Saturday’s Irish Cup win over Coleraine, no doubt he has things on his mind.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:22pm
Fantastic news
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 2:14pm
https://twitter.com/cliftonvillefc/status/1622584982995623936?s=20&t=LiR_cKCuiow2i57CNAuQTA

Cliftonville didn't waste much time getting the congratulations out.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Glen McAuley signs for Pats. 

This lad now playing for Bluebell. From Liverpool youth stardom to playing LSL. What happened?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

This lad now playing for Bluebell. From Liverpool youth stardom to playing LSL. What happened?

Poxy attitude for one thing
El Puto Amo
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Failed to make the step up to mens football and ultimately found his level. Struggled in the first division with Shels and Athlone before ending up at Bluebell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 329>
  Share Topic