You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 329>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

As for Moore, he's Irish born and bred and of course the FAI should try and get him involved. 

Excellent point made above that the FAI should have representation in Belfast and Derry - at the very least, scouts going to games. 

We're a 32 county team - there is no controversy in saying that or acting on the basis of that truth.

As a NI supporter who knows a few people involved in coaching the NI underage sides, they tell me regularly of FAI approaches to players and scouts going to games, i was told of 3 players alone in one age group being appoached a number of months ago, 2 said no and the other didn't feel it was the right time to make that kind of decision.

Due to the sensitive nature of the situation nobody wants approaches to players being publicised, the FAI don't want it known when they have been rejected and the young lads coming from Republican areas don't want it known that they have turned down the ROI.

As for that clown Beacom writing his article about Moore, its irresponsible, let the kid play his football and he can decide where his future lies without outside pressure.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 9:02pm
Mullins has started very well at Brighton. Scores a nice goal supposedly. Brighton lads are saying him and O mahony are starting to boss the game.

Asking Brighton about how Mullins got on. fans raving about him saying he was clear MoM. They said he was like Irish Rooney and were raving about him.

Edited by Nialler - 01 Feb 2023 at 11:17pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by NIGreenWall NIGreenWall wrote:

As a NI supporter who knows a few people involved in coaching the NI underage sides, they tell me regularly of FAI approaches to players and scouts going to games, i was told of 3 players alone in one age group being appoached a number of months ago, 2 said no and the other didn't feel it was the right time to make that kind of decision.

Due to the sensitive nature of the situation nobody wants approaches to players being publicised, the FAI don't want it known when they have been rejected and the young lads coming from Republican areas don't want it known that they have turned down the ROI.

As for that clown Beacom writing his article about Moore, its irresponsible, let the kid play his football and he can decide where his future lies without outside pressure.

This.

Although it's a few years ago, I know of one instance where the Australian Youth team (i.e. 16 and under) were touring Europe during their summer, with their Itinerary including a game against NI in Belfast.

A sudden wintry blast overnight meant that the game had to be re-located west on the day, to a council leisure facility in Fermanagh. It was an afternoon game, and iirc midweek.

Anyhow, two guys in FAI jackets and driving a Southern-registered car still managed to make the game. I don't suppose they were scouting the next Tim Cahill...
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Anyhow, two guys in FAI jackets and driving a Southern-registered car still managed to make the game. I don't suppose they were scouting the next Tim Cahill...

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 01 Feb 2023 at 11:43pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:52pm

This.

Although it's a few years ago, I know of one instance where the Australian Youth team (i.e. 16 and under) were touring Europe during their summer, with their Itinerary including a game against NI in Belfast.

A sudden wintry blast overnight meant that the game had to be re-located west on the day, to a council leisure facility in Fermanagh. It was an afternoon game, and iirc midweek.

Irish coaches scouting Irish players! Shocking all together.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:09am

This.

Were they carrying rosary-bead infused child-snatching nets as well by any chance? 
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:37pm
Was it the game this squad was announced for?

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 02 Feb 2023 at 3:40pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:36pm
Franco Umeh. cork >palace 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

OK, I can see you need it spelling out for you - I'll try not to use too many big words.

1. It answers those ROI fans who complain that the FAI never scouts in NI etc;
2. It gives the lie* to those in the FAI who claim: "We don't ever approach NI players, we wait for them to approach us";
3. As Green Wall's experience attests, with all these approaches, it's notable how few answer oul Oireland's call;
4. It is instructive that many of these 'Nephew Toms' have to keep these FAI approaches, and their subsequent refusals, quiet, for fear of retribution from certain quarters. Or maybe you don't consider that (ahem) shocking?

* - Should we be surprised when the FAI was run for years by that lying ***t Delaney?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:15pm

OK, I can see you need it spelling out for you - I'll try not to use too many big words.

2. It gives the lie* to those in the FAI who claim: "We don't ever approach NI players, we wait for them to approach us";
3. As Green Wall's experience attests, with all these approaches, it's notable how few answer oul Oireland's call;
4. It is instructive that many of these 'Nephew Toms' have to keep these FAI approaches, and their subsequent refusals, quiet, for fear of retribution from certain quarters. Or maybe you don't consider that (ahem) shocking?

* - Should we be surprised when the FAI was run for years by that lying ***t Delaney?

On point two - Firstly, how do you know that the scouts weren't contacted by the players first and are just following up on what was initiated by the players? Secondly, even if it was a "lie", there's still absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact, the situation of simply ignoring Northern-born players is actually more offensive than actively pursuing them.

The rest of your bigoted sh*te in that post isn't even worth responding to. You've once again let the mask slip on your real opinion of all things Irish.

Edited by The O'Shea - 02 Feb 2023 at 11:16pm
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:17pm
It’s the Neanderthals in your support who make it difficult for young Irish players from the North to ‘choose’ us in fear they may receive sectarian abuse.

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:26pm

It’s the Neanderthals in your support who make it difficult for young Irish players from the North to ‘choose’ us in fear they may receive sectarian abuse.

CLUB NI it’s like the mafia. You can join but never leave.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:31pm

What retributions are we talking about here? Don't normally get involved in any of your posts but would be generally interested in this? The only abuse anyone would get in the North would be from the knuckdraggers who you stand with in Windsor.

Does McGinn, Boyce etc get any abuse for playing for the North? You can write an essay and post links on this all you want but you're completely deluded if think that the Irish fan base is anything like your shower of dinosaurs. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Firstly, how do you know that the scouts weren't contacted by the players first and are just following up on what was initiated by the players?
In every case? I don't think so. I mean, why would someone approach the FAI and then decline to play for them? After all, most youngsters from a Nationalist background stick with NI.

Secondly, even if it was a "lie", there's still absolutely nothing wrong with it..
Where did I say there was anything wrong about the FAI scouting them? What is wrong is lying about it. I mean, if they''re lying about this, what else are they lying about? Or maybe you're comfortable about your officials lying?

In fact, the situation of simply ignoring Northern-born players is actually more offensive than actively pursuing them.
Hmmm. The FAI is actively ignoring [sic] 20% of Irish youngsters in Ireland on a daily basis. Unless, of course, they are called somethinhg like Paddy McNair...

The rest of your bigoted sh*te in that post isn't even worth responding to.
Except you have.

Anyhow, what was 'bigoted' about anything I wrote? Be specific.

You've once again let the mask slip on your real opinion of all things Irish.
I'm as Irish as you bud, and proud of it.

And as such I don't meed/won't accept you - or anyone else - telling me how I should think or behave solely in order to comply with your version of "Irishness".

Edited by Territorial - 02 Feb 2023 at 11:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:49pm

Firstly, how do you know that the scouts weren't contacted by the players first and are just following up on what was initiated by the players?
In every case? I don't think so. I mean, why would someone approach the FAI and then decline to play for them? After all, most youngsters from a Nationalist background stick with NI.

Secondly, even if it was a "lie", there's still absolutely nothing wrong with it..
Where did I say there was anything wrong about the FAI scouting them? What is wrong is lying about it. I mean, if they''re lying about this, what else are they lying about? Or maybe you're comfortable about your officials lying?

In fact, the situation of simply ignoring Northern-born players is actually more offensive than actively pursuing them.
Hmmm. The FAI is actively ignoring [sic] 20% of Irish youngsters in Ireland on a daily basis. Unless, of course, they are called somethinhg like Paddy McNair...

The rest of your bigoted sh*te in that post isn't even worth responding to. You've once again let the mask slip on your real opinion of all things Irish.
What was 'bigoted' about anything I wrote? Be specific.

1. Portraying Irish people as liars/untrustworthy (a trope with a long history).
2. Using belittling phrases like "oul Oireland" and "nephew toms".
3. Suggesting players are at risk of retribution from Irish people if they reject the FAI (which runs weirdly contrary to your concurrent argument that very few players actually opt for Ireland, despite the nefarious FAI scouts apparently frequenting so many NI matches and training camps!!).

You simply are a bigot who hates Irish people. It's painfully obvious that posting negatively about Irish people/Irish players/Irish identity/etc is the only thing that keeps you hanging around on this forum.
We're decent enough..
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:24am
I think everyone should call off responding to that post from Territorial. They are clearly on a wind up and seeking to stir up as many angry responses as possible for whatever cheap little thrill it is worth to them. 

Unnecessary jibes about accents aside, they go from point 1 saying that we deny Ireland scout IFA players to point 4 stating that players that turned down or keep quiet Ireland approaches for fear if retribution. How do these two points exist together in a post? I wonder how many players in the 6 counties refuse Ireland call ups for fear of retribution from the other side. I mean, look at the abuse Aiden McGeady was subjected to and James McCarthy but the Rangers supporting cousins in Scotland. Or the fact that we have only had one Belfast lad play for us whilst plenty Derry lads have done so. I suppose Mark Sykes has experienced enough death and violence in his family not to be as concerned about the retribution as others might be. 

I've taken the bait. Christ. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 8:36am
Wee Jamie* was on the sauce [sic] again.

*Terri
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:16pm

What was 'bigoted' about anything I wrote? Be specific.

1. Portraying Irish people as liars/untrustworthy (a trope with a long history).
2. Using belittling phrases like "oul Oireland" and "nephew toms".
3. Suggesting players are at risk of retribution from Irish people if they reject the FAI (which runs weirdly contrary to your concurrent argument that very few players actually opt for Ireland, despite the nefarious FAI scouts apparently frequenting so many NI matches and training camps!!).

You simply are a bigot who hates Irish people. It's painfully obvious that posting negatively about Irish people/Irish players/Irish identity/etc is the only thing that keeps you hanging around on this forum.

well said. also zero chance "NI green wall" isnt a territorial burner account lol. the guy is unhealthily obsessed, imagine spending all this time on the forum of another team, its just insane. genuinely worrying
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 329>
  Share Topic