You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:31pm
Re McGuane, mentioned above, he played for Ireland under-17s as Marcus Agyei-Tabi before he changed his name and switched to England. His maternal grandparents are Irish. Formerly of Arsenal, Barcelona and Nottingham Forest but has ended up at Oxford for the time being.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:42pm
I'm not sure McGuane is eligible anymore. Goodrham on the bench for Oxford is.

Will be interesting what happens with Negru and McGinty, they both play in positions we are really strong in so international careers with their birth countries would certainly be more likely to lead to a good amount of caps.
We're decent enough..
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Will be interesting what happens with Negru and McGinty, they both play in positions we are really strong in so international careers with their birth countries would certainly be more likely to lead to a good amount of caps.
Negru is Irish born to Moldovan parents 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Don't think so, I'm fairly sure he was born in Floresti in Moldova and moved here as a child. In any case, he's eligible for Moldova.
We're decent enough..
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Don't think so, I'm fairly sure he was born in Floresti in Moldova and moved here as a child. In any case, he's eligible for Moldova.
I agree he’s way more likely to play for Moldova 

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 10:14pm

No don't think McGuane is anymore. Think he played competitively for the Engloids. Switched to England straight after a 17s Euros  finals  in which he started d for us.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 11:17pm
Yes, McGuane is now ineligible for us. He's not good enough anyway.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 11:56am
Tom Cannon joining Preston on loan until end of season. 
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Will that be Parrott sent back to spurs?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:05pm
Riis is injured so Cannon I suspect will slot in for him! Interesting to see how he does hopefully it works out like Archer did for them! 

We have been here before with young lads especially young attacking players going from PL 2 to Championship! This lad has been exceptional this season for Everton and didn’t look out of place in in a bad team the few times he came off the bench in the PL!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:06pm
After watching Preston so far this season that's a tough move for the lad. Probably walking into a club where the fans will already be on your back because the club is taking the cheap option and not looking for an experienced striker.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 2:29pm
Not a huge fan of players going to the Championship for their first loan, especially forwards.  Only have to look at Parrott, Odubeko, Okoflex and Adaramola as Irish examples in the last few years where it didn't work out. Can't really think of any recent examples where it did.

The possible difference with Cannon is that he definitely looks physically ready for senior football, but I'd still have preferred him to start in League 1 and go from there.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Not a huge fan of players going to the Championship for their first loan, especially forwards.  Only have to look at Parrott, Odubeko, Okoflex and Adaramola as Irish examples in the last few years where it didn't work out. Can't really think of any recent examples where it did.

The possible difference with Cannon is that he definitely looks physically ready for senior football, but I'd still have preferred him to start in League 1 and go from there.

The one thing I will say is in Cannons favour is Preston are very light on options without both Riis and Parrott! Okay Parrott might be back soon but even still Evans is the only other option!

He isn’t gonna have to be the 2nd coming of Haaland to retain his place even if he struggles! With Everton in danger of going down as well a run of games in the Championship for them would give him the springboard to break into their 18 man squad certainly if they do go down! 

Edited by kevin100 - 10 Jan 2023 at 2:45pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Will that be Parrott sent back to spurs?
does that shoot the bird out of the tree then?
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 3:16pm
Cristiano FItzgerald interview on OTB
Anyone else think this awful and awkward or just me? (and I mean from the OTB lads)
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 4:08pm
It's OTB, that's par for the course with them.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 7:41pm
mark omahony off to brighton in the summer apparently 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 12:53pm
Great to hear O Mahony is getting an opportunity but with Ferguson and Moran there, and Jamie Mullins just joined, are there too many Irish eggs in one basket at the same club?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 329>
  Share Topic