Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298299 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 6:47pm
Hasn’t Calum O’Hare been ruled out.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Yep - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63894971

I fear Kenny doesn't take this seriously enough and isn't as pro-active as he could be on this front. 

There are definitely talented players available who would impact our starting team and certainly our squad: 

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

Kenny said O'Hare isn't eligible after he they chased it up, generation out. Hes also on record as having spoken to Liam Delap too. 

Not sure the others would add a whole lot. We're fairly stacked at the back.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:19pm

Yep - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63894971

I fear Kenny doesn't take this seriously enough and isn't as pro-active as he could be on this front. 

There are definitely talented players available who would impact our starting team and certainly our squad: 

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

They haven't shown interest in playing for us. What do you want him to do, put on a silk negligee and sing Happy Birthday Mr. President to them?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:46pm

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

O'Hare isn't eligible. I agree overall though. I'd imagine O'Neill's early moves for NI will include offering the likes of Mark McGuinness and Jimmy Dunne call ups, maybe even someone like Kone-Doherty seeing how they've been fast tracking recently.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

They haven't shown interest in playing for us. What do you want him to do, put on a silk negligee and sing Happy Birthday Mr. President to them?

Barry and Egan-Riley have already played for Ireland underage LOL
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:49pm
So did Michael Keane and Patrick Bamford and Jack Grealish. LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:56pm

You said that none of them have shown any interest. You're objectively incorrect in that statement (as usual). End of.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You said that none of them have shown any interest. You're objectively incorrect in that statement (as usual). End of.
Playing in unofficial games at underage level when you're a child is meaningless. They've never shown interest in playing official games at senior level, which is the topic of discussion. I've literally given the example of several senior England internationals playing for us as kids, who also had no interest in being tied to us at senior level. Don't get defensive because of your premature use of a laughing emoji.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 09 Dec 2022 at 8:00pm
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

Barry and Egan-Riley have already played for Ireland underage LOL

and have both since played for England. 
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 10:28pm

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

Cirkin would be our first choice lb / lwb. Highly expect Spurs to activate their buy back clause on him within the next 2 years. 

We are well behind other nations with how we approach dual nationals. Look at the amount of dual qualified players in WC squads. Even Argentina called up a number of dual eligible young players such as Garnacho prior to the WC to get them in the system. 

We are overlooking a key way to expand the player pool and improve the squad. 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 3:54pm

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

I think Kenny takes getting out bed seriously! 

You can doubt him on many levels but I don't doubt his attention to detail. He did a presentation for John Joe Finn mapping out his pathway to the first team. 

What he won't do is cap players that obviously are miles at this stage of their career away or beg players. 
It's not me it's you:-)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 12:16pm
Bosun Lawal on the bench for Celtic against Aberdeen.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 8:40pm
Bit of a stretch calling him one of our "best prospects" but Ruari Paton's just netted his 11th of the season for Queen of the South. 14 overall in 27 games. Just turned 22 so you'd expect him to attract interest from higher up the Scottish pyramid. 

Johnny Kenny on the bench for Queen's Park.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 10:20pm

Ben Wilmot
C J Egan-Riley 
Dennis Cirkin
Callum O'Hare 
Louie Barry 
Liam Delap 

Cirkin would be our first choice lb / lwb. Highly expect Spurs to activate their buy back clause on him within the next 2 years. 

We are well behind other nations with how we approach dual nationals. Look at the amount of dual qualified players in WC squads. Even Argentina called up a number of dual eligible young players such as Garnacho prior to the WC to get them in the system. 

We are overlooking a key way to expand the player pool and improve the squad. 

I'm not seeing how any of those players named (that actually might want to play for us) impact our Starting XI.

Wilmot is a starting CB at Stoke.
Egan-Riley CB, on the bench at Burnley. We're too well stocked at CB, who would we drop for either? Jimmy Dunne at QPR is going far better than both of them and he can't get in.

O'Hare was inquired about & isn't eligible.

Barry is struggling with MK Dons at the bottom of League 1. Would Devoy, Burns, Grant or O'Hora make and impact in our senior XI?

Delap was asked (and encouraged by his own father & grandfather), doesn't want to play for us. He might change his mind years down the road if things aren't going as well as he'd hoped (probably the same as Egan-Riley.

Cirkin wouldn't be our starting LWB, we're well stocked there by much more experienced players (Manning can't even get in). Isn't he more of a LCB/ Left Full-Back anyway? He'd start for our U21s though.

There's things you can criticise Kenny for, this isn't one of them. He's looked into these players and others to get them to play for us, e.g.:

Taylor Gardener-Hickman at West Brom - not eligible
John Patrick Finn - gave a whole video presentation that featured people from the lads late-fathers hometown in Mayo.
Jack McGlynn - seems only senior Ireland caps will tempt the lad over at this point. He looks a very good passer of the ball, good in tight situations, but really lacking in mobility/physicality which is a killer for international level. So I'm not sure he's so good that he can be making demands, and there's a lot of CMs that need to be capped ahead of him (Smallbone, Coventry, Hodge, Ronan, Noss, Kilkenny, etc), so he can go with the U21s if he wants to play for us.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 12:22pm
Bosun Lawal on the bench for Celtic today. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Bosun Lawal on the bench for Celtic today. 
His surname is a palindrome. Maybe a first for us if he ever gets a senior call-up.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 7:29pm
Rocco Vata on the bench for, I think, the first time tonight.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 7:30pm
Rocco Vata on Celtic's bench against Hibs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298299 329>
  Share Topic